McCain-Obama meeting on Syria

Mmuller

Reaction score
Obama is meeting today with one of his biggest critics -- Sen. John McCain, to try and get some help making his case on Syria. McCain said he believes that in the end the resolution will pass because its failure would hurt the president's standing abroad.

"If Congress overrules a decision of the President of the United States on an issue of national security, that could set a catastrophic precedent in the future," said McCain.

In any case Obama will try to persuade Sen. McCain to lobby this resolution through the Congress. If it doesn't work there will be another way out - Superman will return and help the US))
SUPERMAN2.jpg

My apologies to the rest of the world and to the innocent residents of Syria that will be wounded or killed by an ill advised attack by the U.S. I am for a strong Israel and feel it should be protected, but this is... sad. Jumping in a civil war that we have no business in is plain dumb. McCain should have learned from his terrible experiences in Vietnam that man should not strive to kill his brother. He has selected a pathway of lower vibrational energy rather than the higher path of enlightenment. If this attack happens, I am truly sorry for the hurt that will occur.

After meeting with Obama Republican hawk Sen. Lindsey Graham said that "If we lost a vote in Congress dealing with the chemical weapons being used in Syria, what effect would that have on Iran and their nuclear program?"

It is clear that the US consider Syria as bridgehead in order to make a reality of following actions against Iran, isn't it?

My apologies to the rest of the world and to the innocent residents of Syria that will be wounded or killed by an ill advised attack by the U.S. I am for a strong Israel and feel it should be protected, but this is... sad. Jumping in a civil war that we have no business in is plain dumb. McCain should have learned from his terrible experiences in Vietnam that man should not strive to kill his brother. He has selected a pathway of lower vibrational energy rather than the higher path of enlightenment. If this attack happens, I am truly sorry for the hurt that will occur.

The U.S will be roped in again, when will they learn. Besides who do you support, assad or a sect that treats half its citizens as less than the value of a goat

Oh man, this whole thing's going into a desaster... Thousands of people have to suffer there, most of them innocent even if some of them are guilty in some way... :(

After meeting with Obama Republican hawk Sen. Lindsey Graham said that "If we lost a vote in Congress dealing with the chemical weapons being used in Syria, what effect would that have on Iran and their nuclear program?"

It is clear that the US consider Syria as bridgehead in order to make a reality of following actions against Iran, isn't it?

Nope. Obama obviously wants out, and the best way is to pull the Cameron trick. That's why there will be vote over this motion in Congress. At least there is 50 percent chance for No vote and avoiding military action, versus "keeping his word" and punishing Assad for using gas.

Mmuller can u please put down the sick picture of the gay old man and super man. It isn't funny.

I am so sick of Americans who just debate over this and think conservative vs liberal. We need to stop thinking about philosophy's and how complicated it will be, We need to be strong and defeat Syria government and not let any more messed up corrupt governments and Muslim extremist to take office we need to take control the mid east has been given to many 2nd chances we cant trust them with their own government. When are panza gay Europeans finally gonna help they are still resting after WW2. America would not have to pay so much money if we actulley worked as the UNITED NATIONS we need to fight together if we had equal European and American troops then add in Russian and Chinese think about what an incredible fighting force for justice around the world that would be.

And when will we realize

bad guys= Russia, China, North Korea, all communists really, and Muslim world

Good guys: USA, Europe(not Russia), South Korea, Japan, all free 1st world countries

i would say that there are many corrupt nations in sub shara Africa too and not sure if we can trust all of latin america. I am sick of people saying these wars were 10,000's of people are dying are not our business. We need to work together to end all these non sense wars mainly in the Muslim world.

Why does Obama wait till chemical weapons i think it is pretty bad over 100,000 people have died from guns, bombs, and knifes. It is so stupid how they go by text book stuff it does not matter of assad used chemical weapons or not why are people so stuck on that. Why does Obama wait till now we should have invaded 100,000 deaths ago.

Oh man, this whole thing's going into a desaster... Thousands of people have to suffer there, most of them innocent even if some of them are guilty in some way... :(

over 100,000 have already died in Syria it is about time the UNITED NATIONS not just america end the war. If we did this100,000 deaths ago 10,000 of lives would have been safed. I think it is sick and wrong that powerful western nations watch people suffer around the world in non sense wars and say well it is not our business and have stupid philosophy debates. When in Europe, Russia, ad China gonna help to end this stuff with america. A huge reason the UNITED nations began was because of world two and to work together stop wars like this and america has been spending all the money and fighting the wars plus we give away more money than any other country.

The U.S will be roped in again, when will they learn. Besides who do you support, assad or a sect that treats half its citizens as less than the value of a goat

US will be roped again?? We kicked Saddem's A** in 2 weeks and he had the third largest military in the world. We can do better in Syria. And when will we be the UNITED NATIONS why is it only america helping poor people like Syrians. Were was Europe in the Korean, Vietnam, and recent wars in the Muslim world. I know what ur thinking okay. Vietnam was a unmoral war. No it was not we fought for freedom of south Vietnamese from evil communist north Vietnamese who were conquering them but people have been brain washed to think america was the bad guy. I think we did not fight to win the war we killed more soldiers won more battles but we never planned on actulley winning because it could cause world war 3.

It seems to me the UNITED nations was formed to stop stuff like this because of world war 2. and it seems only america is following up with that. We need to realize over 100,000!!!! Syrians have died. And all we do is debate for months. While 10,000's of people are dying. I am so ashamed of how america has reacted to this and how late we are in invading who cares if he used chemical weapons or not. And this time we need to honestly regulate their government don't let more Muslim extremist or corrupt secular people like saddem take control.

We need to realize over 100,000!!!! Syrians have died.
I'm telling you people are nuts. Just to be against America, they lament possible civilians casualties, disregarding 100k killed already and more to come.
They don't really care how many will die, but you will hear about every death if they are killed by Americans.

Hey Mmuller, I didn't hear you complaining, even a bit, about Assad gassing his own people. Was it ok with you?

And when will we realize

bad guys= Russia, China, North Korea, all communists really, and Muslim world

Good guys: USA, Europe(not Russia), South Korea, Japan, all free 1st world countries

Hopefully never, because worldwide national relationships are far more complicated than that. Putting "Muslim world" under "bad guys" is particularly baffling if you're supporting a strike on Syria, considering that you'll be hopping in with some interesting bedfellows if you do so:

New "good" guys: Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Ahrar ash-Sham, Hamas, Chechen rebels like those who inspired the Tsarnaevs, and even Al-Qaeda

The Syrian Civil War has much more to do with Shia vs. Sunni than it does dictatorship vs. democracy. Letting the rebels win may bring somebody worse than Assad to power. And that's not to mention the vengeance that would ensue! I would hate to be an Alawite if Assad loses the war. Even the Melkites could be wiped out. This is way more serious than playing good guys/bad guys.

Hopefully never, because worldwide national relationships are far more complicated than that. Putting "Muslim world" under "bad guys" is particularly baffling if you're supporting a strike on Syria, considering that you'll be hopping in with some interesting bedfellows if you do so:

New "good" guys: Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Ahrar ash-Sham, Hamas, Chechen rebels like those who inspired the Tsarnaevs, and even Al-Qaeda

The Syrian Civil War has much more to do with Shia vs. Sunni than it does dictatorship vs. democracy. Letting the rebels win may bring somebody worse than Assad to power. And that's not to mention the vengeance that would ensue! I would hate to be an Alawite if Assad loses the war. Even the Melkites could be wiped out. This is way more serious than playing good guys/bad guys.
I'm in complete agreement. I was just hoping for a "smack on Assad's head" for using poisonous gas. Otherwise I don't have sides in this war. It seems that most western leaders and public don't know what to do with that either.
I guess it will be an internal affair to the end. Well, maybe except short time bombing (to punish Assad) if Congress approves such action for Obama.
I wonder what pissed off Putin will do in revenge against west? Oil prices are going up?

I don't see how Assad would have ever used gas knowing that we would be forced to act. Does not compute. Rand Paul is the only sane leader we have in the U.S. This entire episode doesn't smell right to me. What if the global economy is much, much worse than the pundits are allowed to admit publicly... and this generated war is a way for the elites to relieve pressure from a restless and angry populace?

I'm telling you people are nuts. Just to be against America, they lament possible civilians casualties, disregarding 100k killed already and more to come.
They don't really care how many will die, but you will hear about every death if they are killed by Americans.

Hey Mmuller, I didn't hear you complaining, even a bit, about Assad gassing his own people. Was it ok with you?

Have you got evidence related to Assad gassing? I think, you haven't. We watched only fabricated footage on youtube. It is unthinkable to persuade society that Assad used chemical weapon against own people.

The way i see it, is that there is no "Good and Bad" in Syria; There is only Bad and Worse;
So what ever the Military strike will achieve and to whom ever it will be helpful - it will not make anything better for the Syrians; Lebanon will prob. be part of the Syrian civil war in a few months as well;

The only Good thing the UN, EU and US can do at this moment is help the millions of refugees that want to flee Syria and the millions that are currently on the run;

LeBrok...Have you got evidence related to Assad gassing? I think, you haven't. We watched only fabricated footage on youtube. It is unthinkable to persuade society that Assad used chemical weapon against own people.

Except for the fact that Assad is not "gassing" his own people, but a bunch of foreign marauders, rapists and terrorists.

I don't see how Assad would have ever used gas knowing that we would be forced to act. Does not compute. Rand Paul is the only sane leader we have in the U.S. This entire episode doesn't smell right to me. What if the global economy is much, much worse than the pundits are allowed to admit publicly... and this generated war is a way for the elites to relieve pressure from a restless and angry populace?
Well, I have been in Kosovo during the Milosevic regime, and the war, and I have witnessed myself that tyrants and their followers become monsters and their intelligence diminishes in war times. Milosevic with his troops were being bombed from above and they continued doing their "job" below. We on the ground thought that he was stupid and not intelligent since he was under the loop of entire world, and that Milosevics' calculation, to create a new reality on the ground would give him an edge, was totally stupid. But we learned to not underestimate the stupidity of the tyrants and criminals, they will do whatever it takes to kill those "rats" that are creating them problems. The other side is always considered "non human". Hitler was stupid as well otherwise he would have succeeded.

LeBrok...Have you got evidence related to Assad gassing? I think, you haven't. We watched only fabricated footage on youtube. It is unthinkable to persuade society that Assad used chemical weapon against own people.
Have you ever learned about any tyrants killing thousands or even millions of their own citizens?

Our dear beloved Idi Amin who loved his people so much that he threw them to crocodiles. He killed 300,000 people (estimated), expeled all the asians and devastated the state economy. Tyrants are dumb, unfortunatelu they create huge problems since the smart people try to use logic and common sense in understandig them while they push for their narcisistic agenda.

This thread has been viewed 50833 times.

Back