Fire Haired

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Celto-Germanic, Latino(~6%)
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b Df27(Spain)
mtDNA haplogroup
U5b2a2(Prussia)
I dont know that much about specific cultural things so i was hoping some people could help. It seems to me that modern European and the western World was born in the early middle ages 500-700ad. The biggest reason i think modern Europe was born is because of the Roman empire and the spread of Christianity. Europeans were in a whole different culturally world right before Rome in the Bronze and Iron ages (about 6,000-2,00ybp). Somewhere between 6,000-8,000ybp Indo European languages were born around Russia, Ukraine, and possibly north middle east. Then starting about 5,000-6,000ybp possibly because of bronze weapons, chariots, and other things Indo European languages began to migrate like crazy. Eventulley just about all of Europe became INdo European. Germanic Italo Celts in western Europe(R1b L51-L11 Germanic Italo Celts: conqueres and rulers of Bronze-Iron age west Europe). Balto Slavic languages with R1a Z283 spreading with Corded ware culture starting 5,000ybp.(Click here). INdo Iranian languages spreading out of Russia starting about 5,000ybp with R1a Z93 and abashevo and Sinshta cultures and eventulley spreading acroos most of central Asia and huge parts of the mid east. Greek languages most arrived about 3,500-4,000ybp but there is no distinct y DNa marker fro them that i know of. Thracian -Dacian and Illyrian all extinct Indo European languages of southeast Europe. I odnt think there are specifc Y DNa markers of them either they probably arrived maybe with proto Germanic Italo Celts in southeast Europe 6,000ybp or are from another migration.

Like i said before i dont know that much about their culture i know leader of the website Maciamo does. Since Indo Europeans spreading in the bronze age seemed to conquer everyone they meet. I am sure war had alot to do with their culture. These cultures which are now extinct did exist just over 2,000ybp and Roman and Greek writers did write about them. From what i have seen with what they say about Celtic and Germanic tribes. Romans and Greeks saw them as primitive savages and uncivilized. And that they were very rural. They were kind of second world not in the civilized world around the Mediterranean and mid east. But not hunter gathers like in Siberia. They had farming, bronze, iron, and other advanced stuff but were not civlized they ha tribal chiefdom society.

Indo European is not just a language it is a religion family too(click here). and also there are many cultural things about Indo Europeans. The culture of different Europeans of course were very diff from each other it was not as similar as today at all. I also know it would be completely different from modern western culture and i dont think we will ever know exactly how they thought and what their culture was like. One cultural thing about Germanic Italo Celts is alot of their clothing was plaid tarten just Scottish and Irish were the last to keep that tradition.

These cultures died overtime because things change and develop overtime. But what triggered the change was the Roman empire. It did not just change people who were in their empire. The Germans who ruled almost all of non Roman Europe alot their live was completely changed by Rome because it was such a power house. Their culture was also changed by Rome. When Christianity was spreading it was mainly around the Mediterranean and within the Roman empire. So since Rome went so deep in Europe it was used as a pathway for missionaries to go to Germans, Irish, and Picts in Scotland who also converted even though they were not in the Roman empire. Eventulley Rome became Christian. and over time it became the main religion in Europe.

I know that somehow something changed because the Germans went from being tribes to creating fancy and organized kingdoms like the Holy Roman empire. Everything about them seemed to have changed. Western Europe in the early mid ages was almost all ruled by Germanic people. I guess the Franks were one of the most important(click here). Like i have said i don't know that much about specif cultural things. But it seems a new culture was born. and Europe became a Christendom middle ages thing with the royalty was i think the begging of the western world. And i know over 1,000 years alot changes and alot of new things are born. But it is like the base of modern western culture. U still see the Royality thing in countries in Europe today.

IN my opinon there are major times in European history. Paleolithic-Mesolithic Hunter gather age, Neolithic farming age, Bronze-Iron INdo European warrior age, Roman Christian age.

This thread has been viewed 3533 times.

Back