A quick intro and a hello

blueridge

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
N1C1
mtDNA haplogroup
J1C8
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and new to this specific forum area (the main reason I joined this site) .

I have been doing genealogy research on my family's background for about 10 years, my father's line has a number of dead ends so I am trying to learn more.

I am Y haplogroup N1C1 per 23andme and have done autosomal testing on Ancestry, Family Tree DNA and 23 and me.

I am still waiting on my Y-Dna67 markers from Family Tree DNA, I have some but I am still waiting on the 1st 25 markers for some reason.

I joined because I found some good discussions here and also ran into this specific forum while trying to find more information on N1C1.

Will

oops...didn't realize I posted twice in this area, 1st was meant for the overall site and this one for the particular sub forum. :)

Good to see someone with J1c8 mtdna btw. My father/grandmother are J1C8, where's that line from?

I think N1c is mostly a Siberian marker, but it is common in Baltic and Finnic parts of NE Europe.

Hi Jackson,

The earlier maternal ancestor I've been able to find immigrated to the US from Tyrone, Ireland prior to 1720.

This thread has been viewed 3828 times.

Back