Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews: Which non-Jewish ethnicities do they look closest to?

Check as many/all as fit!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know; you're going to have to post pictures of some for us.

is this a trick survey, correct me, isn't ashkenai an eastern european branch and sephatic an iberian branch?

The Ashkenazi Jews established themselves across much of east-central Europe, the Sephardic branch arrived in Iberia. Jews heavily migrated towards parts of Europe during medieval times.

Ashkenazis and Sephardis are genetically similar despite not being from the same regions. They didn't mix much with their host countries.

Ashkenazis and Sephardis are genetically similar despite not being from the same regions. They didn't mix much with their host countries.

They definitely did mix with Europeans though. Just look at their haplogroup data and also their frequency of light eyes and light hair.

I voted just for the fun - Askhenazes has as a rule more european "blood" than Sepharades - even in every group they are not homogenous, too complicated history -
but I like play

I can post a picture of an Ashkenazi

file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/2014-05-13%2016.40.21.jpg

file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/2014-06-20%2013.15.18.jpg
file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/photo%201.JPG

What does he look like?

They definitely did mix with Europeans though. Just look at their haplogroup data and also their frequency of light eyes and light hair.
According to Coon's "The races of Europe" (if that study is irrelevant please let me know) of 1939 Ashkenazis have a higher frequency of light hair and eyes than south Italians but a lower frequency of said features than north Italians.

The only serious Anthropologist (Coon wasn't a serious one) who had studied both Italians and Jews was John Beddoe. You can find his book "The races of Britain", with full list of obserbed frequencies for light eyes/hair, on the internetwebz.

The only serious Anthropologist (Coon wasn't a serious one) who had studied both Italians and Jews was John Beddoe. You can find his book "The races of Britain", with full list of obserbed frequencies for light eyes/hair, on the internetwebz.
Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 5429 times.

Back