Which city states in east balkans had the most I2.. Haplogroup during Hellenistic age

Aspirtus

Reaction score
Now what is puzzling me is which out of these 4 city states Athens, Macedonia , Sparta and Epirus had the population with the most I2a2b Percentage and wich ruling class in those city state were belogning to I2a2b Haplogroup.

The thing is i need your help guys cus i canot decide in my new game called Total War Rome 2 , wich faction should i take and play with , cus am a big fan of I-Haplogroup , and i dont want to take wrong faction if you know what i mean.

I wached movie 300 Spartans and i noticed many Haplogroup diversity betven the actors themselfs, wich means that population at that time was already mixed but i dont know to wich extent and to what haplogroup the ruling classes did belonged.

that's a tough question. Maybe try to find out something about the origins of Gerard Butler.

OK then il answer to your puzzle, it looks like to me from what i have read from Wikipedia Gerard Butler was born in Scotland so hes probably R1b and he looks to me more as a R1b guy, but in movie 300 his look is very diferent, wich means that the filmakers maybe wanted him to look more like a Greek, lets say maybe more like a J2 Haplogroup guy

OK then il answer to your puzzle, it looks like to me from what i have read from Wikipedia Gerard Butler was born in Scotland so hes probably R1b and he looks to me more as a R1b guy, but in movie 300 his look is very diferent, wich means that the filmakers maybe wanted him to look more like a Greek, lets say maybe more like a J2 Haplogroup guy

Gerard Butler was born in Scotland to parents of Irish descent he could be R1b, I1 or I2 those Haplogroups seem to cover the vast majority of the Irish Butlers

It's doubtful that ancient Hellenes had significant Haplogroup I at all. Maybe they had some minority I2a-Din-N or I2-L596*, but it's not clear if they even had those, much less which city-state had the highest concentration. If you're looking for who carried I2a-Din back then, I would guess farther north, but all the more northeastern factions in Rome II aren't playable, many of them have an ethnic difference between their rulers and their subjects, and I'm not sure which of them would have carried the most I2a-Din anyway.

Among the playable factions, I would guess the Suebi to have the highest Haplogroup I concentration, but mostly in the form of I1 and I2-M223.

This thread has been viewed 4771 times.

Back