Genographic 2.0 results ... Help!

pensorapido

Reaction score
I just received my Genographic results and I am quite sceptical about them... :useless:

By maternal line my haplogroup is J1c2 and my paternal line is R-L21. Till now no doubt, despite the geographical dispersion of these two groups. :indifferent:

What is puzzling me, is that the result refer 2% of my DNA as originating in a geographical area which I am not aware of having ancestors in any of the both lines. :petrified:

By other hand, if I had ancestors with these characteristics in the last 6 generations, I think the percentage value would be higher than 2%. :unsure:

Someone can help me to clarify this?

I just received my Genographic results and I am quite sceptical about them... :useless:

By maternal line my haplogroup is J1c2 and my paternal line is R-L21. Till now no doubt, despite the geographical dispersion of these two groups. :indifferent:

What is puzzling me, is that the result refer 2% of my DNA as originating in a geographical area which I am not aware of having ancestors in any of the both lines. :petrified:

By other hand, if I had ancestors with these characteristics in the last 6 generations, I think the percentage value would be higher than 2%. :unsure:

Someone can help me to clarify this?

what is the geographical area you mention?

Genographic 2.0 results ... Help!

The autosomal DNA results refers 2% of Southeast Asian... neither my mother and father families ever had contacts with Asia.
I am almost sure if I had Asian ancestors in the last 6 generations, I think the percentage value would be higher 2%. By other hand, I can't believe that these 2% are from a branch P128 of 45000 years ago ... but, anyway, the Genographic results tell also that I still have 1,8% Neanderthal and 0,8% Denisovan.

2% Southeast Asian is a tiny fraction that may represent a very very ancient admixture event. May I ask if you also have southwest Asian ancestry as well? Southwest Asian admixture is present in almost all individuals of European ancestry due to (mainly) the Neolithic migrations from the Near East to continental Europe. The same cannot be said for southeast Asian ancestry, but still many Europeans have admixture from Asian populations due to ancient migrations.

This thread has been viewed 7049 times.

Back