Veritator

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Albanian, Greek, Armenian
Y-DNA haplogroup
No Genetic testing.
mtDNA haplogroup
Not yet known.
Post racial images of what you believe to be the most stereotypical Turkish appearance.

Post crowd photos in order to minimize cherry picking.

Post images of the diversity of Turkish phenotypes.

The aim is to identify the main phenotype, the most common one, or the average one.

P.S. It would also help to have sources of the pictures you are posting, just to make sure.

2elqt0k.jpg

ifq1pl.jpg
3497xuo.jpg

Note: I claim them to be within the range of common or typical only with the exception of the on outlier in this picture:
2nbu3rs.jpg

10qh01j.jpg
2ljgww0.jpg

Note: This one is more diverse.
90zzaf.jpg

Its pointless what you are doing posting pictures of turks. Turkey is not racialy homogenous country. Thre are 7 milion turkish citizens of Albanian desent, almost as many Bosnian, serb desent, and twice as many of greek desent. Original turks have a visible Mongoloid mixture. Most turks I have met display it.

Are these photos representative of what Turks look like?

Please vote and let me know what you think. ;)

Its pointless what you are doing posting pictures of turks. Turkey is not racialy homogenous country. Thre are 7 milion turkish citizens of Albanian desent, almost as many Bosnian, serb desent, and twice as many of greek desent. Original turks have a visible Mongoloid mixture. Most turks I have met display it.

Yes, but you can say that about many populations. Should we just give up on defining what they look like in general, or commonly, or more stereotypically?
I know there are plenty of Turkified Balkanites in Turkey, but a portion of them stand out from the crowd, while the other already blends in the populations of Turks that have part European genes.
I don't think it is impossible to define what the average Turk looks like. I just think its more difficult than for practically any other ethnicity.
These photos are diverse, but you can still define a common or most prevalent collection of features that they display. Don't you think?

One suggestion I have is that maybe we can categorize Turks into four common types: Balkanite type (part or full European ancestry or features), Caucasus type (Georgian, Armenian, and North Caucasus ethnic groups), Middle Eastern (Iranian, ethnic Arab, and others), and finally Turkic (Central Asian).

What do people think about this suggestion.

This thread has been viewed 45939 times.

Back