Origin of haplogroup R1b in Bosnia

Kotroman

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Bosniak (Slavic)
mtDNA haplogroup
HV-T16311C!
What R1b-subclade does most of Bosnians belonging to? The Italo-Celtic branch (S28/U152), Balkanic branch R1b-L23 or to the Continental Germanic branch R1b-S21 (U106)?

According to this map, 10-15% of Bosniaks in Bosanska Krajina (Northwestern Bosnia) is belonging to the Italo-Celtic branch (S28/U152), but how do Maciamo know that? Where can I found any sources of which of R1b lineages can be found among those 3-4% of Bosnians belonging to R1b haplogroup?
Haplogroup-R1b-S28.gif

I don't think maps are that precise for now. They should be software generated from the results that are gathered from certain test points.
There could have been 0,5 % in Sarajevo, 3 % in Budapest and 8 % in Trieste, and you'd get a map like this.

I don't think maps are that precise for now. They should be software generated from the results that are gathered from certain test points.
There could have been 0,5 % in Sarajevo, 3 % in Budapest and 8 % in Trieste, and you'd get a map like this.

I agree
I doubt there is a study concerning this remote northwesternmost spot of Bosnia - as a whole Maciamo gives 1,5% of Y-R1b (total), giving 2%, 1%, 1% for the three different ethnies of Bosnia - yet for these populations it would be very hard to publish a confident percentage of Y-U152 within R1b...(2% in a sample of 500 persons would produce at most only undetermined 10 R1b!) - these maps are a proxi and have some worth for bigs centers of density, but on the mergins...

Somewhere in Siberia you don't mix turkey who close tow near east with Germany tribes?

This thread has been viewed 6589 times.

Back