Question What do you think causes violence?

Twilight

Reaction score
Ethnic group
15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c7a
Just curious to be honest with you :/

I think that hairless apes are programmed to be violent because that was necessary and useful in the past, and it takes a very long time for major behaviour patterns to change.

Earths limited surface and limited resources. Every species on this planet is fighting and pushing others to acquire food. Carnivorous species use violence to kill for a meal. Herbivorous animals fight for rights to mate. Social animals use force and violence to restore order in group. Mothers attack others to defend endangered offspring.
I guess, life on earth requires violence as a tool in order to survive. Violence is not an issue in nature. It is only an issue for our modern social structures/philosophy that always considers violence as a bad thing, evil and a sin.

Just curious to be honest with you :/

One could write a book about the different types and levels of violence and the causes thereof. There is no simple answer, but I suppose one could claim that the human brain is imperfect and that some people react differently to the accepted "norm" in handling social pressures, and there again, there are people whose propensity for violence is simply impossible to explain. In some people it's cultural, a means of asserting authority and superiority over others, retribution for age old offences or simply greed. One could point to the USA as an example of cultural violence borne out of insecurity and poverty among a substantial part of the community.

******** don't know how to act right..........that's what causes it! :LOL:

that, and testosterone......at least for men.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh be careful! Lebrok will fine you dearly for that comment, trust me, I know at this point, he's just waiting there like a shark to make you suffer for that one.

religion and nationality are the main culprids

Did you mean "nationality ' or did you really mean nationalistic pride? The period of the Third Reich was an example of nationalistic pride whipped into a fervour by Hitler, and dwelt on righting perceived past wrongs, reclaiming lost territories etc. The Bosnian War was much of the same, and look at the atrocities committed during both periods.

religion and nationality are the main culprids
Both are not the direct reasons. In both cases intolerant people (social order of the group I mentioned) is the main reason. You are either with us or against us!

Oh be careful! Lebrok will fine you dearly for that comment, trust me, I know at this point, he's just waiting there like a shark to make you suffer for that one.
Thanks for helping. ;)

Fear is the core of all the violence on earth.

I like this:
A teacher of fear can’t bring peace on Earth. We have been trying to do it that way for thousands of years. The person who turns inner violence around, the person who finds peace inside and lives it, is the one who teaches what true peace is. We are waiting for just one teacher.

You’re the one.

Byron Katie

All the types of fear will come down to one: fear of not being able to pass on the genes as much as possible and as long as possible we can("selfish gene" hm?...). Therefore we will turn to violence in order to protect our genes (our way of life) in whatever situations that we might perceive as dangerous or threatening to our "gene" life (for now and in the infinite future).

It is an ego driven mechanism that has kept us alive up till now.

So I'm a kind person, and I got a big heart. But when someone push me to my limits I can become very violent and aggresive.
An example, I was in 9th grade and I was playing with my dog. A boy bigger than me, I was 15 and he was 18, kicked my dog and started to laugh. So I punched him hard in the face and I could not stop. I got problems with police from that incident.

This thread has been viewed 10053 times.

Back