What ethnicity does this man have?

Unspecific south central european. But am unable to be more specific. He could be equally austrian, south german, czech, hungarian or slovenian.

Atlanto/Pontid-Mediterranid;

Judging by the beard alone - Hungarian;
South and Central Europe anywhere;
looks bit Bavarian with the karohemd;

bprszd.jpg

BPrsz.jpg

2012-08-13%2008.26.43.jpg

Some more pictures, maybe this helps.

Ok ok, he is italian :)

I've a Greek friend who looks like him. I think he's a Hellenic, because of his Greek nose. (I'm an ethnic Kurd, but I've almost the same nose as this fella, but a little bit smaller/thinner, btw..)

I've a Greek friend who looks like him. I think he's a Hellenic, because of his Greek nose. (I'm an ethnic Kurd, but I've almost the same nose as this fella, but a little bit smaller/thinner, btw..)
True, especially in the last pic he looks greek. I give up.

What a surprise, but it's me! :-D (My autosomal results suggests a strong mediterranean line, and my haplogroup is J2b, so maybe that could have a point.)
When I was in a summer university in the Netherlands everybody thought that I'm Spanish, and a couple of weeks ago I was in France, where a Greek girl told me, that I look like a Greek!
Another funny story: my friends were in Croatia on holiday and met a guy with a similar beard, they asked for a photo and tagged me on Facebook. At first look even my girlfriend and my best friend thought that I was on the picture. :-D

Typical catalan and provenzal features ...100%

What a surprise, but it's me! :-D (My autosomal results suggests a strong mediterranean line, and my haplogroup is J2b, so maybe that could have a point.)
When I was in a summer university in the Netherlands everybody thought that I'm Spanish, and a couple of weeks ago I was in France, where a Greek girl told me, that I look like a Greek!
Another funny story: my friends were in Croatia on holiday and met a guy with a similar beard, they asked for a photo and tagged me on Facebook. At first look even my girlfriend and my best friend thought that I was on the picture. :-D

Aha, so I'd say our guesses were not too far from the truth :D
I think hungarians in general look quite much like their autosomals suggest: mostly central + south with a little bit east euro.
Thanks for the quiz, it's fun.

Honestly....I can see how the J2b of the Balkans (although we all know J2 is from fertile crescent) mixes in with the Scandinav U5 to create Bako! Although of course there are many other markers....J,T,E3b; I find the Neolithic markers are infamous for giving black hair.

Honestly....I can see how the J2b of the Balkans (although we all know J2 is from fertile crescent) mixes in with the Scandinav U5 to create Bako! Although of course there are many other markers....J,T,E3b; I find the Neolithic markers are infamous for giving black hair.

What do you consider Scandinavian in my face? :-D Although my hair is rather dark brown, than black. Same is true for my beard.

Do you think that my J2b* is from the Balkans? (Only one J2b* is from the Balkans - namely Bulgaria-, the rest is Ashkenazi, Armenian, Turkish and some W-EU.)

J2b is most frequent among Albanians, Greeks, north-central Italians. We are all a vivid combination of different markers, but I see how your Neolithic marker of J2 combines with your Scandinav marker to make a mixed individual; you are a good candidate for an italian man for example. It's like you have some distant Middle East mixed with definite European to create....you! : ) !

Thanks! ;) But I still think Balkan J2b and my J2b is a different subclade, they are mostly J2b2 with some J2b1. As for Italy: I know a Tuscan sample from 1000 Genomes who is J2b* M205-, M241- also.

J2b is most frequent in Albania. Followed by parts of Greece and north-central Italy; spread around by Greeks with origin in southern Balkans (J2b itself). Of course you must know a lot about the history of J2 in general and that this subtype is not to be confused with middle eastern J2a.

It peaks in Albania at roughly 15% of males. Parts of Greece and north-central Italy can have as high as 10%, but this isn't even on a national level.

J2b was associated with Neolithic Greece (8,500-4,500 B.C.). Found in 7% of Macedonian men, 9% of thessalians (thessaly, east-central peninsular Greece), 14-15% Albanians, 9.5% north-central Italians. On Crete it is found at a lowly 3%. The Argolis region of the eastern Peloponnese (Greece) has 1.5-2% only. It was spread by Greeks to a few select colonies of the Mediterranean gravitating around the eastern Mediterranean (southernmost Balkans, north-central Italy, a tiny fraction of western Turkish shores.)

It is, for example, the only present subclade of J2 in the Bosnia/Croatia area although J2 here represents a minuscule amount of male lineages up there.

This thread has been viewed 6318 times.

Back