History of the ancient Greeks

mihaitzateo

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Romanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
proly R1B
I am curious about what the history says about ancient Greeks:
What are the theories about from where they came,what it tells about difference branches of Greeks etc.

Why don't you research this on the net and prepare a little summery for us. We'll gladly read and comment on it. :)

I am curious about what the history says about ancient Greeks:
What are the theories about from where they came,what it tells about difference branches of Greeks etc.

You could star at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeks#History. At the bottom of this article there is an extensive list of references which will go some way to answering your question. As a side note, the second largest Greek population outside of Greece is said to be Melbourne, Australia.

Not much is known about the early Greeks. Here are a few facts I know:
1) The world’s earliest shipwreck was discovered in southern Greece near the island of Dokos. All that were remained were scattered items on the sea floor. There was a lot of clay pottery dating to around 2200 BC and rudimentary stone anchors.
2) The House of Tiles at Lerna on the east coast of the Peloponnesus was destroyed by fire around 2200 BC. It appears to have been an administrative center, or fortified palace.
3) Ancient Corinth was destroyed around 2000 BC, possibly by an earthquake.
4) The Mycenaeans settled in Greece around 2000 BC. They are thought to have been Indo-Europeans.

I have seen theories,who are very logic that says that ancient Atlantis was some island inhabited by ancient Greeks also.

This thread has been viewed 4033 times.

Back