Muslims voted for preferred dress code for women.

LeBrok

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Citizen of the world
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b Z2109
mtDNA haplogroup
H1c
FT_styleofdress1314.png

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...opriate-attire-for-women-in-muslim-countries/

I'm glad there is no appetite even in Near East for Burka, although the next option is preferred in Saudi Arabia.
Lebanon, no surprise, and Turkey are more liberal.

Now this is interesting:
FT_clothing1314.png

Tunisia turned to be more egalitarian with 56% of population giving women a free choice of a dress.
I'm surprised that Egypt is so backward with only 14% of vote for free choice, even beats Pakistan.
Another surprise is that Saudi Arabia, most conservative and religious of all, trusts their women enough to grant them free choice at 47%. Maybe they will be allowed to drive cars soon?

Interesting chart.
Indeed to be honest I also did not think the percentage for the niqab as a preference, would rate as high in Saudi.

Another interesting thing I read only of late, was that a number of Haredi Jewish women in Israel were choosing to wear the burqa, for piety.

I just noticed bicicleurs post..thats a good point. Especially in regards to second part of chart, regarding choosing clothing.

Last edited:
Interesting chart.

Another interesting thing I read only of late, was that a number of Haredi Jewish women in Israel were choosing to wear the burka, for piety.
I'm sure the male clerics gave them the idea, and free choice to choose. Absolutely no pressure, lol.

Looking at the chart, if anyone, Lebanon is more ready to join EU than Turkey.

I don't know how valid this is, because I am only basing it on the opinions of one Egyptian American woman whom I happen to know pretty well. According to her, things have changed very quickly in Egypt. When she was a girl things weren't like this. People are being radicalized. She says the same thing applies to the current horrendous treatment of the Christian Copts. When she was growing up, there was no problem; to this day, her closest Egyptian friends in the U.S. are Copts.

I would like to see the actual male/female voting results. Were all Muslim women permitted to vote on this issue?

I would like to see the actual male/female voting results.
Yep, me too.

Were all Muslim women permitted to vote on this issue?
Yes, it was done by University of Michigan. I would be surprised if they didn't pull women on this issue. They refer to voters as "public".

This is interesting, from other study:
“Religious tolerance is stronger in Tunisia than in the other six countries we’ve studied,” said Mansoor Moaddel, principal investigator of the study.
The results come from face-to-face interviews with a nationally representative sample of approximately 3,000 Tunisian adults.

I don't know how valid this is, because I am only basing it on the opinions of one Egyptian American woman whom I happen to know pretty well. According to her, things have changed very quickly in Egypt. When she was a girl things weren't like this. People are being radicalized. She says the same thing applies to the current horrendous treatment of the Christian Copts. When she was growing up, there was no problem; to this day, her closest Egyptian friends in the U.S. are Copts.
From what I gathered it seams to be true. What do they go through right now Muslim "revival"?

Few years back I watched documentary about Pakistan Madras school for girls. It is brainwashing to the extreme. The interviewer asked girls what is your biggest goal in life. The answer of most graduates was: "To have a son who will be a martyr, kills infidels and goes to heaven".

US and coalition is concentrating most efforts on battlefields with Al Qaeda. In my mind, most effort should go to fight for minds and hearts of next generation of Muslims. All secular governments in Middle East have to make sure that the radical and intolerant teachings of any kind should be nipped in the bat. Otherwise we can keep fighting for centuries.

This thread has been viewed 8746 times.

Back