Reaction score
Ethnic group
North Alpine Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
mtDNA haplogroup
H95a1 ..Pannoni
http://www.isita-org.com/jass/Contents/2014vol92/Capocasa/Capocasa.pdf

my personel interest is with where PRI stands in the article , equals Primiero and the franzione Siror

I still have not fully read-it , so enjoy

Enjoyment is far from what I am experiencing. When are they going to get on the ball? HVRI for mtDNA? You ideally need FGS to analyze mtDNA, but to use just these HVRI figures? Fifteen STRs for yDNA analysis? No autosomal analysis, only a uniparental marker analysis when it's now clear how misleading that may be? No discussion of the Ralph and Coop data? No IBD analysis of their own? It's pathetic and embarrassing.

And, sorry for being so un PC, but who cares about a few hundred people's DNA who only came to Italy during the medieval period when we haven't figured out the huge issues in the genetic population history of Italy?

I also don't want to waste time reading the rest of the paper.

Sorry, Sile. I do thank you for posting it, but this really is a disappointment.

Enjoyment is far from what I am experiencing. When are they going to get on the ball? HVRI for mtDNA? You ideally need FGS to analyze mtDNA, but to use just these HVRI figures? Fifteen STRs for yDNA analysis? No autosomal analysis, only a uniparental marker analysis when it's now clear how misleading that may be? No discussion of the Ralph and Coop data? No IBD analysis of their own? It's pathetic and embarrassing.

And, sorry for being so un PC, but who cares about a few hundred people's DNA who only came to Italy during the medieval period when we haven't figured out the huge issues in the genetic population history of Italy?

I also don't want to waste time reading the rest of the paper.

Sorry, Sile. I do thank you for posting it, but this really is a disappointment.

agree, its like a summary...............like the italian goverment , all for show

This thread has been viewed 4432 times.

Back