23andme Ancestry Comp Results of northern Italians and Tuscans

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
These are some representative 23andme Ancestry Comp results from Tuscans and northern Italians to which I have or had access. They are "speculative" results as per the drop down menu. For reasons I have described elsewhere I believe that 23andme is unduly stringent in making these calls, and these results are both reliable and comport more with ancestry within any sort of reasonable time frame. (Middle Eastern in 23andme terminology is Turkey (as well as Armenia) and Iran...

This may stretch over a couple of posts because of the space required for the results.

A 100% Tuscan:
View attachment 6302

Another 100% Tuscan:
View attachment 6303

Last edited:
@angela

post #1................second attachment does not work

Post #2 ..............no attachments

Mine below ....................I guess I must be a Trentin, Tyrolese, North Veneto ( bolzano/Belluno ) or Ladin person

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

--All the black drops around my green drop are all Veneti
--The low black drop is a Umbrian
--The far left drop is a Frisian ( netherlands)
-- The furthest right from me is Fla88 ( Ligurian mother and Veneto father)

and from Stanford Univ. below

I just rechecked and all the attachments are working fine. Perhaps you should refresh the page.

Are those your results on speculative? Would you please post screenshots of all three sets of your data so that we can see the progression? The pattern can always be followed. In other words, screenshots of the conservative, standard, and speculative results. That would be helpful.

For example, you can see the progression here: Liguria/Lunigiana area.

Conservative:
View attachment 6313

Standard
View attachment 6314

Speculative:
View attachment 6310

These kind of ridiculous results at Conservative, and even at Standard are not limited to Italians.

Last edited:
@angela

post #1................second attachment does not work

Post #2 ..............no attachments

Mine below ....................I guess I must be a Trentin, Tyrolese, North Veneto ( bolzano/Belluno ) or Ladin person

--All the black drops around my green drop are all Veneti
--The low black drop is a Umbrian
--The far left drop is a Frisian ( netherlands)
-- The furthest right from me is Fla88 ( Ligurian mother and Veneto father)

and from Stanford Univ. below

Your results are quite shocking. It appears you have a bit Middle Eastern/North African, East Asian/Native American,and Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry. I wonder how that could be? (especially the East Asian/Native American ancestry.)

Your results are quite shocking. It appears you have a bit Middle Eastern/North African, East Asian/Native American,and Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry. I wonder how that could be? (especially the East Asian/Native American ancestry.)
People move around and have sex. :grin:

People move around and have sex. :grin:

And there you have population genetics explained in six words. Nicely done, Le Brok. :)

I just rechecked and all the attachments are working fine. Perhaps you should refresh the page.

Are those your results on speculative? Would you please post screenshots of all three sets of your data so that we can see the progression? The pattern can always be followed. In other words, screenshots of the conservative, standard, and speculative results. That would be helpful.

Conservative:
View attachment 6313

Standard
View attachment 6314

Speculative:
View attachment 6310

These kind of ridiculous results at Conservative, and even at Standard are not limited to Italians.

Mine are speculative as you suggested.

If I went standard, then East asian, North African, Sardinian, balkan, Iberian, british and irish and eastern European would disappear............they would be zero ( thats why I said they are speculative)

Results under 23andme fantasy ..........called speculative results

Conservative:
View attachment 6313

Standard
View attachment 6314

Speculative:
View attachment 6310

60% genetic match with this family ( link below) .............my highest match...
next highest.....the 45% match but has still not communicated with me
http://www.coroparrocchialetassullo.it/dermulo_file/dermulostory/Genealogia/PretH.htm

conservative

standard

Last edited:
60% genetic match with this family ( link below) .............my highest match...
next highest.....the 45% match but has still not communicated with me
http://www.coroparrocchialetassullo.it/dermulo_file/dermulostory/Genealogia/PretH.htm

conservative

standard

There you go again...

I posted the conservative, standard and speculative results of one Eastern Ligurian/Lunigianese. I said it would be helpful to me, and perhaps to you, if you did the same with your results, i.e. posted your conservative and standard results screenshots as well as the speculative ones you say you have already posted. Instead you post results from some other person.

What? How is that relevant to understanding what is going on with your results on Ancestry Comp or anyone else's. for that matter, as one passes up the different levels?

If you don't choose to reveal screenshots of your conservative and standard results so that we can follow the progression to your speculative results, fine, that's your perogative. Just say so.

I have checked the links on Post #2 and they are currently working. I don't know why the Attachment link for the second Tuscan is not working. I'll try again below. As with all the other sample results I have posted the person has ancestry in the area going back at least 500 years.

View attachment 6319

He winds up with .5% Middle East too.

For non-23andme users, the reference populations for "Middle East" in the 23andme system are generally Turkey (think also Armenians etc.) and Iran.

There you go again...

I posted the conservative, standard and speculative results of one Eastern Ligurian/Lunigianese. I said it would be helpful to me, and perhaps to you, if you did the same with your results, i.e. posted your conservative and standard results screenshots as well as the speculative ones you say you have already posted. Instead you post results from some other person.

what are you talking about..........they are my results...1st one is speculative and other 2 on the same post, are as I stated

DO you want me to repost the SAME 3 results as I already posted which are ONLY mine on a separate post for ease of use?....

What? How is that relevant to understanding what is going on with your results on Ancestry Comp or anyone else's. for that matter, as one passes up the different levels?

I do not understand............they are my results no -one elses

The attached link of that family is the one sent by the 60% matching person with me, one which I share his surname ( part of).....It has nothing to do with the results.

From current day to 1685 I have registrar papers ( i.e birth, death and marriages )...............I just need a further 3 generations to see if I link up with the linked family.

I have checked the links on Post #2 and they are currently working. I don't know why the Attachment link for the second Tuscan is not working. I'll try again below. As with all the other sample results I have posted the person has ancestry in the area going back at least 500 years.

View attachment 6319

Cheer up, he has .5% Middle East too.

I see the attachment now in miniture , but cannot enlarge it

If it makes you feel any better, you do know that the reference populations for "Middle East" in the 23andme system are generally Turkey (think also Armenians etc.) and Iran. Or perhaps that's still upsetting?

I am not upset with what markers I get, I just like to see the accuracy.....would not care if I came from siberia, south-Africa or timbuktu ........just give me the truth.
all I know is, all markers came from outside of Europe , unless you are 20% or more neanderthal.

In regards to middle-east and east asian.............my x-chromosome has about 6% of south-asian ...........could be from there

As I said, 23andme lack accuracy...................they merge france and Germany into ONE block and have no idea on what is in that block.......they cannot separate, Swiss, Austrians, Belgiums, dutch, Luxembourgers, Czechs, danish and anyone else I missed in that zone

And there you have population genetics explained in six words. Nicely done, Le Brok. :)
My subscription to occam's razor is self evident, isn't it? ;)

@Angela

I am waiting for you!

Do you really expect me to engage in a civil conversation with you when this is how you approach me? I am neither a dog nor a child to be so summoned.

When I wish to draw someone's attention to a post of mine that they may have missed or been too busy to address, I send a respectful PM.

You do your mother no credit. Mend your manners.

My ignore list has now grown by 1

Do you really expect me to engage in a civil conversation with you when this is how you approach me? I am neither a dog nor a child to be so summoned.

When I wish to draw someone's attention to a post of mine that they may have missed or been too busy to address, I send a respectful PM.

You do your mother no credit. Mend your manners.

My ignore list has now grown by 1

I don't know what you are complaining about, I used the correct formal term for you, I was careful , I used "waiting for"......I did not use the servitude one "waiting on"

I also draw readers' attention to German "warten auf", which means "to wait on / for" something and the fact that "auf" is cognate with English "on". That German and English were the same language many hundreds of years ago is also evidence that "wait on" is the older form, and that "wait for" is the upstart.

In conclusion "wait on" has just as much of a claim to "correctness" as "wait for". Use whichever you want, and know that if you use "wait on" then you are using the language of Shakespeare. Of course you should also know that nowadays "wait for" is more common and more formal. If that is important to you, then go with the upstart.
Here's what the Columbia Guide to Standard American English has to say: "This final sense ["wait on" = wait for"] is limited to casual, impromptu and informal use and is probably heard mainly in Midland and Southern regional dialect areas; Standard English prefers wait for instead".

This is the second time you attacked me, just because I disagree with your opinion of 23andme, there are many who share my opinion.

You asked for my results, I send them to you in good faith and you complain. You are far too sensitive or your taught some type of American-English which does not have the same meaning as true English.

This thread has been viewed 24128 times.

Back