new mixtures with La-brana added ( k13 eurogenes)

Sile

Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
North Alpine Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
mtDNA haplogroup
H95a1 ..Pannoni
I don't see any particularly interesting revelations in terms of the tree showing the relationships for the West Eurasian groups. Even the info for La Brana and Mal'ta is just as expected. Good for confirmation I suppose.

As for the calculator...I guess I'm becoming a little jaded after all these years. Also, now that Lazaridis et al has confirmed that these components, even if we trust the creators of the programs, hide so many older population admixtures, I personally don't see the point in belaboring the issue, but, to each their own.

a new autosmals analysis (relative distances) is referred to in Eurogenes along with other "old people" - confirmation of north eastern link for La Brana 1- a

Hi Everyone. One of my populations in particular has been puzzling. 23andme has my population at 29% Balkan, 13% Italian and 16% Eastern European (Balkan percentage increasing and both Italian, Eastern Euro decreasing with the AC update). Oddly enough, I have no known Balkan in my lineage. I visited GEDMatch and found a similar population of Balkan when using the Eurogenes K13 Admix calculator. The Admix was calculating a very high Balkan percentage (Serbian, Romanian and Bulgarian to be exact); although I have a known paper trial of both Southern Italian and Polish heritage. However, both Italian and Polish percentages were missing in the calculations. Upon further investigating, I wrote to the developer, Davidski, to inquire about the known missing percentages. He replied indicating the following: "When you mix Southern Italian with Polish you get a result that is very similar to most Balkan populations, which are a mix of Southeast Europeans and Slavic invaders". If I am to understand his hypothesis correctly, I should then dismiss the Ad-Mixture altogether or since 23adme does state a higher Balkan percentage, this could refer to a more ancient lineage? Any input would be appreciated.

1. The Karitiana (and Amerindians by extension) are clearly a mix of East Asians plus Ancient Siberians of Western affinity (MA1), which is represented differently in both trees.
  2. Early European Farmers (Stuttgart, Iceman) have clear "Basal Eurasian" admixture (which can be interpreted as North or East African input and/or a residual ancient Arabian element, probably both)
  3. La Braña also has "Basal Eurasian" admixture (surely from NW Africa, what implies that the North African component in Western Iberia is pre-Neolithic)
  4. Motala has Ancient Siberian (MA1-like) admixture
  5. Mal'ta 1 probably has some East Asian admixture
  6. Ötzi the Iceman might have some Western Hunter-Gatherer admixture (~3%)
That's what some of us expected, few more add-mixes and cross-mixes coming out.

• I am particularly inclined to suspect an almost direct migration from Palestine to Thessaly at the origins of European Neolithic. After all both non-European lineages found in early European farmers (E1b-V13 and G) are common in that area. But of course an Anatolian intermediate station cannot be excluded.
That's what I roughly proposed at "First Inventions" thread about domestication of wheat. But I pegged them sooner as first wave of proto-farmers the Harvesters at around 20k BP, although the migration to Balkans must have been a bit later when world was warming up.

A new study about other HG's autosomals of Sweden (Motala and others) seems confirming precedent synthesis - you can see it at Dienekes and Eurogenes blogs and to judge by yourselves
good week-end

The more complete La Braña genome from Olalde et al has somewhat different results to the fragmentary genome when run through Dodecad globe4 and globe13 by the way.

globe4

80.69% European
11.82% Amerindian
3.93% African
3.56% Asian

globe13

72.70% North_European
16.22% Mediterranean
3.74% West_African
3.47% East_Asian
2.13% South_Asian
1.70% Australasian