Is it true that ancient Greeks lived more than ...

Echetlaeus

Hero of Marathon
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Epirotan
It seems to me that the ancient Greeks, at least the philosophers, great leaders, etc., lived more on average than their counterparts during the Enlightenment for example. Is that true? What do the experts have to say?

Last edited:
It seems to me that the ancient Greeks, at least the philosophers, great leaders, etc., lived more on average than their counterparts during the Enlightenment for example. Is that true? What do the experts have to say?

Are you asking whether the average ancient Greek lived longer than the average person who lived during the Enlightenment or are you asking whether the ancient Greeks had a better party scene? It's not clear to me which question you're asking. People living during the Enlightenment may have had more and better recreational drugs, because it was also the age of colonialism, with a lot of international travel.

Are you asking whether the average ancient Greek lived longer than the average person who lived during the Enlightenment or are you asking whether the ancient Greeks had a better party scene? It's not clear to me which question you're asking. People living during the Enlightenment may have had more and better recreational drugs, because it was also the age of colonialism, with a lot of international travel.

The first ...

This thread has been viewed 3663 times.

Back