Hello and help with results

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Hello all :grin:

I'd appreciate some help with my results, trying to match the results to any info I'm reading on the internet, not sure if all this is beyond me, as I tend to glaze over, keep saying to myself once I get my head around it I'll understand it..

My sister and I sent our Dad's DNA (before he died) for testing to both FTDNA and BritishDNA.

BritishDNA came back with -:
You belong to haplogroup R1b-S116.
This is defined by your YDNA markers M269+S116+S28-S145-S182-S68-M153-SRY2627-

FTDNA 289314, test Y-DNA67 -:
R-M269

Couple of questions..

Did the BritishDNA actually test deeper than the FTDNA Y-DNA67

Does this all mean I should be looking at R1b1a2a1a1b* and/or R1b1b2a1a2

Any advice on what to do now - should I go ahead and get 'The BIG Y' from FTDNA or should I test for the individual SNPs indicated by FT on my FT Haplotree and which ones or do the Y-DNA111.

Which company should I stick with..

Appreciate any help thank you.

Cheers
Trog

Thought I will get my head around this, spent the day pretty much googling and reading, must say you guys come up heaps..

I believe I need to test for DF19, I married both lots of results and found the negatives from BritishDNA and the googled haplogroup R1b charts pointed me to the DF19 snp test.

Did all the reading serve me well - Am I on the right track here?

Cheers

This is especially DF27 that you should test: you have more than 60% to be it, since you are: S116+ but S28- (or U152-) S145 (or L21-)
DF19 is much rarer but not impossible!

This is especially DF27 that you should test: you have more than 60% to be it, since you are: S116+ but S28- (or U152-) S145 (or L21-)
DF19 is much rarer but not impossible!

Thank you for your response Gervais, appreciate the help.

This thread has been viewed 3862 times.

Back