New Evidence that Jesus had a wife: Truth or Fraud?

Most likely it was Mary Magdalene who wiped Jesus' feet with her red hair. After Jesus' crucifixion his male followers shut her out. Either that or she was an Apostle as well. Some suggest that they made her into a prostitute (the one Jesus saved by asking who is without sin let him cast the first stone while Jesus wrote on the sand in front of her accusers his own sins) to exclude her. Well, it gets very muddy as the Gospels were written maybe a hundred years after Jesus' death. Many other Gospels were discovered.

Most likely it was Mary Magdalene who wiped Jesus' feet with her red hair. After Jesus' crucifixion his male followers shut her out. Either that or she was an Apostle as well. Some suggest that they made her into a prostitute (the one Jesus saved by asking who is without sin let him cast the first stone while Jesus wrote on the sand in front of her accusers his own sins) to exclude her. Well, it gets very muddy as the Gospels were written maybe a hundred years after Jesus' death. Many other Gospels were discovered.

I agree that many gospels have been made. Eventually the first priests were the ones to choose which ones were right and which ones were wrong.

P.S. I did not know that Magdalene had red hair.

Jesus wore dresses and mostly hung around with men, so it's possible he wasn't married, if you know what I mean.

P.S. I did not know that Magdalene had red hair.

It was the practice in the Middle Ages to portray Jews with red hair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mariya_Magdalena.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

Jesus wore dresses and mostly hung around with men, so it's possible he wasn't married, if you know what I mean.

Jesus is mostly shown to wear white so he could have been an Essene, proto-Christians. Josephus writes about the Essenes who retreated to Qumran with their Dead Sea Scrolls in the desert

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/...cts/dead-sea-scrolls/josephus-on-the-essenes/

I moved this thread to the Chit-Chat section since it has nothing to do with philosophy. It's just gossip about an ordinary guy who may or may not have existed.

I moved this thread to the Chit-Chat section since it has nothing to do with philosophy. It's just gossip about an ordinary guy who may or may not have existed.

But then why do you have the sub-field "Religion" in Philosophy?

And the statement, "... just an ordinary guy who may or may not have existed" hurts the feelings of some people. Please elaborate in great detail about the aforementioned.

But then why do you have the sub-field "Religion" in Philosophy?

And the statement, "... just an ordinary guy who may or may not have existed" hurts the feelings of some people. Please elaborate in great detail about the aforementioned.

I don't know what Maciamo's thoughts are on religion and philosophy. However, I personally think that if you wanted to debate whether the christian concept of the Logos as Jesus was borrowed from the Gnostic concept of the Logos as demiurge, that would qualify as a philosophical debate about religion. If you want to debate whether Batman or Jesus or Wonder Woman had a wife, I would think that fits into more of a fan fiction category.

And, in case you haven't noticed, there are a great many comments on these forums that have the potential to hurt some people's feelings.

What do you mean by saying "if you know what I mean"? Can you be more precise?

^He thinks Jesus was gay

Either that or I was making a joke about a fictional character that some people take too seriously.

A man has to say his opinion directly, without dubious meanings.

This thread has been viewed 6482 times.

Back