Italian
Last edited:
These are more "modern" people:

Giuliano_Razzoli_Schladming_2010.jpg

razzoli_por_10_zoom.jpg

View attachment 6351

View attachment 6352

Last edited:
Is this the so called Alpine-Dinaric phenotype?

Is this the so called Alpine-Dinaric phenotype?

I don't know exactly how most of these people would be "classified"...that's why I'm posting the photos...I'm a total newcomer to this classification business.

What Moesan posted makes sense to me, however. I could see saying that there is a "Dinaric" strain in some of these people, but I don't see it in the first woman I posted. (NL) Nordic/Nordid (I'm still trying to "see" the precise difference) and Alpine make sense for her. I can see the Alpine definitely in most of these people, stronger in some than in others. And some also show a Mediterranean strain.

image_event

Foto-Loretta-Amorini-2-Large-Custom.jpg

news_4e05fd94c87c5.jpg

Some others...

0.jpg

Foto-G.-Arlotti-Custom-2.jpg

Two different types, but both totally typical...

0.jpg

piasaceca2-Dallini.jp

piasaceca2-Dallini.jp

piasaceca2-Dallini.jp
Ed. Sorry, these were personal fotos that didn't post.

Last edited:
Some of your figures cannot be seen Angela.

I don't know exactly how most of these people would be "classified"...that's why I'm posting the photos...I'm a total newcomer to this classification business.

What Moesan posted makes sense to me, however. I could see saying that there is a "Dinaric" strain in some of these people, but I don't see it in the first woman I posted. (NL) Nordic/Nordid (I'm still trying to "see" the precise difference) and Alpine make sense for her. I can see the Alpine definitely in most of these people, stronger in some than in others. And some also show a Mediterranean strain.

image_event

Foto-Loretta-Amorini-2-Large-Custom.jpg

news_4e05fd94c87c5.jpg

These people are most likely Northen Italians, maybe mixed with German genes, especially the young women.

These people are most likely Northen Italians, maybe mixed with German genes, especially the young women.

What else could they be but Northern Italians...the title of the thread is "People of the Appennino Reggiano"...in other words, people of the Apennine Mountains south of Reggio nell' Emilia...actually, the mountains south of Reggio nell' Emilia and into the Appennino Parmense south of Parma. These are my father's people.

emilia-romagna.jpg

Most of them can trace their ancestors through church records back to the 1500's and beyond to the same set of mountain villages.

German is not a classification.

Last edited:
What else could they be but Northern Italians...the title of the thread is "People of the Appennino Reggiano"...in other words, people of the Apennine Mountains south of Reggio Emilia...actually, the mountains south of Reggio Emilia and into the Appennino Parmense south of Parma. These are my father's people.

emilia-romagna.jpg

Most of them can trace their ancestors through church records back to the 1500's and beyond to the same set of mountain villages.

German is not a classification.

How do you call Germans then?

How do you call Germans then?

I don't classify people...I don't know enough about it yet. From what I have read some Germans are Nordic, some are Noric, some are Alpine, and some fall into other classifications. I'm by no means an expert.

These groupings formed from population movements far back into pre-history.

If an administrator should happen to read this post...could my attachments from post number 3 be retrieved? I don't know what happened to them.

IMG_6412-Small-285x280.jpg

piasaceca2-Dallini.jpg

rosi164man.jpg

spadoni-maria-edera.jpg

These will only be up for a short time...

Last edited:
These are two more of the private ones...

Last edited:
Here are a few more public pictures I won't have to take down. The attachments that were in post 3 appear to be gone...
The first three are politicians, and the third is a local artist...

8255.jpg

130943891-3111db20-55ed-4996-9cc4-1040e5a21c15.jpg

croppedimage701426-delrio.jpg

La-tarma-640.jpg

I do get what a poster wrote about there being a certain Vanessa Redgrave like quality to some of the women, in particular, including the height. (I'm thinking of this girl and the ones in post number 5 as well as others I've posted before.) No doubt Franco Nero found Vanessa Redgrave familiar looking, as he came from San Prospero, a small town between Parma and Reggio Emilia, although in the valley :)

2_3832_Thumb.jpg

This is Vanessa Redgrave...
article-0-0DA7887F00000578-906_233x423.jpg

And this is Franco Nero for those who don't remember him..I preferred him in Camelot, myself.
dja_03cf.jpg

And for good measure, here is the director Bernardo Bertolucci, whose family came from the exact same town as Franco Nero...
Bernardo-Bertolucci.jpg

I Know what ecatleus meant; they seem all very central european looking;
this is nothing strange in italy; there can be places where this look is more common. And other places more mediterranean.. We are very diverse. A place very medit. In north Italy is Ferrara-po delta-rovigo i was there and the people were for sure autoctonous in majority

razzoli_por_10_zoom.jpg

View attachment 6351

this young man looks more western European (common in Germany and surroundings, even in Scandinavia): he shows according to me (!) a good cromagnon heritage on the way to partial brachycephally: parallele of the 'alpinization' process, but keeping more bony face compared to genuine COMMON 'alpine' type,: it's to say: the 'borreby' A model, with round almost vertical forehead, NO apparent 'brünnoid' features - maybe from Italics but I doubt this type was dominant among them, lacks some 'mediterranean' and 'dinaroid' traits: surely enough more incorporated in a Celtic or Ligurian population before latinization (it could be confirmed by the geographical localization)- just bets

razzoli_por_10_zoom.jpg

View attachment 6351

this young man looks more western European (common in Germany and surroundings, even in Scandinavia): he shows according to me (!) a good cromagnon heritage on the way to partial brachycephally: parallele of the 'alpinization' process, but keeping more bony face compared to genuine COMMON 'alpine' type,: it's to say: the 'borreby' A model, with round almost vertical forehead, NO apparent 'brünnoid' features - maybe from Italics but I doubt this type was dominant among them, lacks some 'mediterranean' and 'dinaroid' traits: surely enough more incorporated in a Celtic or Ligurian population before latinization (it could be confirmed by the geographical localization)- just bets

He's Giuliano Razzoli, Italian gold medalist in the slalom.

250px-Giuliano_Razzoli_Schladming_2010.jpg

And you can tell from his hat where he's from! He was born in a village a few kilometers from where my father was born. It's not at all an uncommon look there. I told you we harbored some "Cro-Magnon" types up there.:) What you say about it forming part of the "Ligure" gene pool makes sense to me. Cavalli-Sforza thought these mountains and the Appennino Ligure served as a refuge area for them.

In the plains, and even in the mountains to some extent, that genetic "strain" has mixed with Mediterranean and/or "Dinaric" (?) to produce people who look like Luca Toni...Does that make sense?
luca-toni-400x400-25523.jpg

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 15209 times.

Back