Guessing Thread-People Who Have Fooled You

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
I would also include people who would have fooled you had you not known their identities.

I already alluded to one in another thread...David Gandy...THE Dolce and Gabbana model..
david-gandy.jpg

tumblr_m05ttw8Js41r9izjuo1_400.jpg

This one also fooled me. See if you can guess his ancestry. If you know who he is, give people a chance, please.

Huston%281%29.jpg

night-train-to-lisbon01.jpg

Last edited:
David gandy... should have substancial southeastern admix.. he looks parly greek.. i can say that this look isn, t the commonest even in my region, tuscany.. it starts to become more common as you go south.
a brit without at least a foreign greatgrand father can t look like this.

i think he could have indian admixture.. like it is argued for freddy mercury.. who looks very south eastern european

Looks greek or east indian admix

David gandy... should have substancial southeastern admix.. he looks parly greek.. i can say that this look isn, t the commonest even in my region, tuscany.. it starts to become more common as you go south.
a brit without at least a foreign greatgrand father can t look like this.

i think he could have indian admixture.. like it is argued for freddy mercury.. who looks very south eastern european

Amazing, isn't it? He says he's working class English as far back as any of his family can remember. (Essex)

What about the second guy?

The second guy makes a somewhat north european impression, despite his complexion. I'd guess him finnish if I didn't learnt here that he is english.
A litte bit resemblance with Ville Valo.

the second guy looks east Iberian to me

The second guy makes a somewhat north european impression, despite his complexion. I'd guess him finnish if I didn't learnt here that he is english.
A litte bit resemblance with Ville Valo.

In certain photos, with his hair darkened for effect, I can see where you got that, but, especially as seen in profile, I think the features are quite different.
img2,47,2,1,1,.jpg

I always thought Jason Biggs (from the American Pie movies) was Jewish, but he is Sicilian and English descent. He looks very stereotypically Jewish.

In certain photos, with his hair darkened for effect, I can see where you got that, but, especially as seen in profile, I think the features are quite different.

Yes, the resemblence is very weak, and anthropologically certainly nil. He was just the first candidate which came to my mind for unknown reason. Another one who came to my mind spontaneously is Johnny Depp, however.

the second guy looks east Iberian to me

Well, thank-goodness. I'm not crazy then. :) I totally thought he was Iberian.

He played a Portuguese in a movie I just recently watched called Last Train to Lisbon. I thought he was the sole actual Iberian in a movie mainly about Iberians that was totally cast with Brits. Well, there's one Iberian actress, but just one.

His name is Jack Huston, and he's the grandson of the legendary director John Huston, and the nephew of Angelica Huston.

John Huston:
huston-john.jpg

The ancestor from whom he got some of his looks,however, it seems to me, is his paternal grandmother, the Italian American ballerina Enrica Soma...

250px-Enrica-Soma-Life-Magazine-1947.jpg

He was also in the film American Hustle which I just recently saw...
Jack+Huston+American+Hustle+Premieres+NYC+_h1VvpdjN7dl.jpg

Often times, Italian-Irish or Italian-British mixes can look Iberian.

Really?! Fascinating. Please provide a couple of examples.

The Italian/Irish or Italian/British mixes with which I'm familiar look like this...and there's not a Spanish or Portuguese looking one in the bunch.
Bradley-Cooper15150.jpeg

john-travolta.jpg

lindsay-lohan-rehab-pic.jpg

Susan-Sarandon-susan-sarandon-32575627-805-1000.jpg

Then there's all of these...and I could go on...
http://musicscene.ie/musicScene/wp-...lbum_touring_schedule_music_scene_ireland.jpg

http://hairstyles.thehairstyler.com...79/original/9454_Kristin-Cavallari_copy_2.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2177eXVNw1qgrbnno1_500.jpg

I think I've already discussed him on some thread or other. Mats Hummels, German soccer player. No non-German ancestry on either side. He looks just like a lot of people on my mother's side of the family.

FIFA_WC-qualification_2014_-_Austria_vs._Germany_2012-09-11_-_Mats_Hummels_01.jpg

http://www.google.it/imgres?imgurl=...MygAMAA&iact=rc&uact=3&page=1&start=0&ndsp=18

matt hummels is at 90% adopted.. i've seen the photo of his parents..and at least if genetic isn't crazy.. his skin complexion is darker than that of his parents, his air are darker than those of his parents, his eyes are darker than those of his parents. His face structure overall isn't similar in anything compared with his parents.

the light genes are recessive, but if two parents have both recesive genes.. a son can't look darker.

above his parents..

The others posted look northern europeans.

the only outliers are hummels (who is adopted or the son of his mother with another man, this other man is south eastern european at least)

And Gandy.. gandy could be 7/8 british and 1/8 foreigner.. whe should search the photos of his parents; his skin pigmentation is very light, on pair with most british, also his eyes color. His hair color is quite found in the british isles too; the stranbe thing is his face structure that doesn't look north western european. But south eastern european influenced. For example a type with his complexion (skin, hair, eyes) is hugh grant, who indeed looks fully north western european, considering his face shape too. But gandy's face isn't fully british

I have a cousin with the same expression and face structure of gandy, and he is also as ha dsome and tal, as him; only he his darker of skin and of hair color (his mother, the sister of my father is very dark skinned complexed, a tone darker than hummel; his father has the same face structure as gandy and the same nose type; my cousin took the color of his mother and the face structure of his father; he's full tuscan bytheway.. but atypical.. he looks greek, my aunt is very atypical for skin pigmentation in tuscany, my father is a bit less atypical, but my father look is ore common in southern italy)

Really?! Fascinating. Please provide a couple of examples.

Milo Ventimiglia, Lorenzo Flaherty, Rooney Mara (she looks like the more "Atlantid" type of Spaniard).

Also Angie Harmon who is Greek and English/Irish/Scottish, also can pass as Iberian.

Milo Ventimiglia, Lorenzo Flaherty, Rooney Mara (she looks like the more "Atlantid" type of Spaniard).

Also Angie Harmon who is Greek and English/Irish/Scottish, also can pass as Iberian.

Where do you get these ideas? Have you ever been to either Italy or Spain or Portugal for any length of time?

If Milo Ventimiglia walked down a street in an Italian town no one would doubt he was Italian.
milo-ventimiglia--large-msg-133004403268.jpg

As for Rooney Mara, this is her before she dyed her hair black and went in for the exotic make-up and severe clothes. If anything, I'd say she got more from her Irish side, although that general type is far from rare in Italy either. At any rate, nothing particularly Iberian.
rooney_mara_9500033.jpg

See Cristiana Capotondi...
Cristiana+Capotondi+Long+Hairstyles+Long+Curls+oiOLZPBrXKVx.jpg

You may have hit on one, with Angie Harmon,who looks Iberian.
Angie_Harmon_seventeen_magazine_cover_1987.jpg

Often times, Italian-Irish or Italian-British mixes can look Iberian.

I always thought Armand Assante (irish-italian) looks extremely spanish, but actually I don't know really why I'm thinking this. I could be wrong.
8993.jpg

This thread has been viewed 19247 times.

Back