Bros, I feel that I will be attacked by squirrels

Echetlaeus

Hero of Marathon
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Epirotan
Not a real phobia, but we are on Spring now, and these little fellows are everywhere around the place that I am living. But it feels fine, more natural I suppose. BTW, I really like how the move, I call it the squirrel Brownian motion.

Not a real phobia, but we are on Spring now, and these little fellows are everywhere around the place that I am living. But it feels fine, more natural I suppose. BTW, I really like how the move, I call it the squirrel Brownian motion.

Anxiety can be specific (simple phobia) or unspecific (free-floating anxiety with numerous triggers).
You can rule out free-floating anxiety if the only stimulus to cause you unwarranted distress or activation is in fact a squirrel.
If there are other anxiety-provoking stimuli that cause you significant distress then you may have generalized anxiety.
If your anxiety is generalized but related to feeling a heightened sense of feeling threatened, then there may be post-traumatic stress that is manifesting due to it being psychologically unresolved. Movement that is erratic or sudden can bring on unwanted anxiety in individuals who experience hyper-vigilance stemming from a trauma-related post-traumatic stress response.

@Dorianfinder Some kind of anxiety may be the case. Many requirements from school these days, αδερφέ. BTW you spoke like a real pro!

When I was a young man we hunted them for food and sport. Some of my best memories involve following a fieist dog through the autumn hardwoods, carrying a shotgun. They are tasty! I still raise feists. On the other hand, my mother hand-raised one that fell from its nest when young. It grew up to love her but HATE the rest of us and it would not hesitate to throw itself at us.

I wouldn't worry about it. There aren't a lot of proven cases of people being killed by squirrels. It's true that there have been a number of cases where people have been found with their throats ripped out and only squirrel tracks around the body, but in most of those cases it's been assumed that the killer was actually a pit bull or something like that and it just didn't leave many tracks. The squirrel tracks were probably just there because squirrels are naturally curious creatures.

I wouldn't worry about it. There aren't a lot of proven cases of people being killed by squirrels. It's true that there have been a number of cases where people have been found with their throats ripped out and only squirrel tracks around the body, but in most of those cases it's been assumed that the killer was actually a pit bull or something like that and it just didn't leave many tracks. The squirrel tracks were probably just there because squirrels are naturally curious creatures.

Bro, are you sure? See this ...

Squirrel_Shark_640x640.jpg

This thread has been viewed 4429 times.

Back