Reaction score
Ethnic group
Kosovar-Albanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
E1b1b1a2*
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c3
Funny :giggle::

Survey of 1,000 coffee drinkers reveals which type are “people-pleasers” and which are the most laid-back.

Here are the highlights:
§ Frozen/blended coffee drinkers were trendsetters who liked to try new things. While they tended to be spontaneous and imaginative, they could also be reckless and fail to make healthy choices.
§ Latte drinkers were people-pleasers and comfort seekers who would go out of their way to help others. On the other hand they didn’t always take care of themselves and could get over-extended.
§ Decaf/specifically ordered coffee drinkers tended to be more obsessive and perfectionist. They made healthy choices but also tended to be worriers overly-focused on order and control.
§ Black coffee drinkers liked to keep things simple but tended to be resistant to changes.
§ Instant coffee drinkers were the most laid-back, but also tended to be poor planners and prone to procrastination.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/04/what-your-coffee-order-says-about-your-personality.php

I'm an instant coffee drinker mostly, tend to find them the most cost efficient although procrastination? I don't know :/.

Latte and cold/frozen coffee drinker (Starbucks mostly). I have a T in the rs2472297 gene, so I guess I'm prone to drink a lot of coffee, lol.

I don't drink coffee, but I LOVE chai latte.

I'm an instant coffee drinker mostly, tend to find them the most cost efficient although procrastination? I don't know :/.
I also get my Caffiene from Tea and chocolate

Oh, I should say that I drink one cappuccino in the morning and that's it. I can't tolerate very much caffeine at all (which is predicted by my 23andme results), and as for espresso, I am constantly having to excuse myself for not wanting any by saying it's too acidic for my stomach, which it is, but I also find it too bitter, which I don't admit. That would practically be heresy.

Oh, I should say that I drink one cappuccino in the morning and that's it. I can't tolerate very much caffeine at all (which is predicted by my 23andme results), and as for espresso, I am constantly having to excuse myself for not wanting any by saying it's too acidic for my stomach, which it is, but I also find it too bitter, which I don't admit. That would practically be heresy.
I'm very tolerant to caffeine effect, but as you I find strong coffee very bitter. That's why I take it with cream and sugar.

I'm very tolerant to caffeine effect, but as you I find strong coffee very bitter. That's why I take it with cream and sugar.

I was joking, but it's actually an issue for me in Italy. As my link pointed out, people think you're mad if you have cappuccino or any coffee with milk after about 11AM, and at least a couple of times a day, and sometimes it seems on the hour someone asks if they can buy me a coffee or if we can go for coffee, and the first thing that happens when you go to someone's home is that they make coffee. Even though it's only a thimbleful, and has less caffeine than an American coffee, it's too much for me, and I do indeed find it a little bitter, even with two teaspoons of sugar...not horribly so, but enough so that I don't want to drink it all day long. So, I've developed a reputation for being very delicate, indeed. :grin:

It's either that, or I turn into this...
funny-pictures-kitten-has-had-too-much-caffeine.jpg

Forgive me father for I have sinned, I always take double espresso :LOL:, I like to enjoy the coffee a bit longer since I have only one for the entire day.

Ah well, foreigners can do as they wish in their own countries, and the mad tourists must be accommodated with grace and good manners, but our own are allowed no deviations! The most strictly enforced rules in Italy have to do with food and drink!
grin.png

As one of the comments to that article pointed out, Beppe Severigni of Corriere della Sera did once say something like
"To attempt to order cappuccino after mid-morning is immoral and quite possibly illegal." Tongue in cheek...sort of...

A poster also pointed out, and it's true, that men do rather infrequently order cappuccino. However, at home it's quite the custom for both men and women to breakfast on a bowl of hot sugared milk and espresso (like a large extra milky Starbucks kind of "latte"...don't order a latte in Italy as you'll get hot milk in a glass.) in which crusty bread is then soaked.

To get serious for a minute, my more general point was that these kinds of studies, while fun, fail to take into account the effect of both genetics and culture on personal habits. If you are genetically prone to "taste" the bitterness of things more than others, you're going to add milk and sugar to your coffee, and, obviously, your culture will also dictate how you consume it.

I've also wondered if, being highly strung already, Italians have created a coffee culture which, while it provides a steady "drip" of caffeine throughout the day, doesn't provide the amounts of caffeine consumed in other countries, which may be fine for them, but would send us over the edge! For example, the custom is indeed only a single "espresso" at various times during the day. The quantity in any one cup is small, and in addition, the additional roasting of the bean removes additional caffeine. It's just a theory, but it sort of makes sense to me.

mostly instant coffee n cream but like espresso too

Not a big coffee drinker. I prefer green tea, or even black tea. If I drink coffee it is only to give me a caffeine boost, and it's typically a black coffee with sugar (and cinnamon), as I find coffee extremely bitter (like beer and goya, and to a lesser extent endives and lettuce). I may add some thick frothing or cream to mask further the bitterness, but never directly mixing milk as in a caffè latte. I guess that confirms that I am not a people-pleaser.

Guess I'm the only one here who drinks my coffee black. I've just grown to like the taste of strong coffee. Don't really consider myself to be resistant to change though.

This thread has been viewed 9819 times.

Back