PDA

View Full Version : Ancient astronauts

Echetlaeus
13-05-14, 04:46
Zecharia Sitchin started the whole thing about ancient astronauts (or engineers as I like to call). Many after him followed, like Erich von Däniken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_D%C3%A4niken).

Is there any "nugget" of truth in all of these theories?

Put it in another way, was life created on this planet or does it come from other parts of the universe?

Ha-Nasr
14-05-14, 22:45
according to many historians, sitchin's translations are wrong,
this is a good video about the ancient astronauts theories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

Engel
14-05-14, 23:08
Could be true as we are not the only ones in the universe

skaheen15
14-05-14, 23:53
If you do a little honest research, you'll quickly find that most if not all of these 'theories' are based on errors and fabrications, and that most if not all of their proponents are notorious cranks or outright con men. If you actually read that wiki bio for Von Daniken, you know that he's a convicted felon(fraud, theft) who wrote one of his books in prison, and has admitted to habitually making things up. It's not really a 'serious' discussion.

Echetlaeus
15-05-14, 00:43
If you do a little honest research, you'll quickly find that most if not all of these 'theories' are based on errors and fabrications, and that most if not all of their proponents are notorious cranks or outright con men. If you actually read that wiki bio for Von Daniken, you know that he's a convicted felon(fraud, theft) who wrote one of his books in prison, and has admitted to habitually making things up. It's not really a 'serious' discussion.

You miss the point. I do not talk specifically about those people, but I ask if there is any scientific evidence about that possibility.

Luan
15-05-14, 01:32
Well, I do like watching anciant aliens on History channel.

LeBrok
15-05-14, 04:12
You miss the point. I do not talk specifically about those people, but I ask if there is any scientific evidence about that possibility.
There is no scientific evidence that aliens ever visited earth. There is no scientific evidence that aliens exist at all. However there is a possibility that they exist.

DividedFonts
15-05-14, 05:04
There about Ancient Aliens theories is there they are hard to proven. Mythology often has some basis but it goes from "a person was really strong" to "a person killed a large city with only their pinkie". It is unlikely that aliens could interbreed with humans and since they're unlikely to have feet it would hard to recognize their prints.

skaheen15
15-05-14, 05:14

No, you missed the point. I said that if you do even a little bit of honest research, you'll quickly find that those 'theories' are almost entirely based on errors and fabrications, and that's true. In other words, no, there is no scientific evidence for these things. That said, of the two people you mentioned as being key proponents of those ideas, one is a notorious crank, and the other is a notorious con man, and, if you start looking at most of the other folks associated with the ancient astronaut thing, you'll see a pattern of people, many of whom have minimal, or, in Von Daniken's case, NO scientific training, misquoting ancient texts, making wild assumptions on faulty grounds, or fabricating evidence outright. I think that's definitely relevant to the question.