Greeks have no brothers in Europe

Echetlaeus

Hero of Marathon
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Epirotan
at least close, according to this ...

Wiki info

Nonsense, Ancient Greece used to have land in parts of Italy and France :) We are all connected in a way

Genetically speaking Albanians, Macedonians and West Anatolians/Turks are Greek brothers. They were separated and raised by different families, but they are blood brothers.

Reactions: FBS
at least close, according to this ...

Wiki info

You should do more research than that, there is great info on this site. Greeks genetically are very connected to other "Europeans" and are definitely a phenomenon of Europe. They have a high amount of European farmer-specific ancestry, along with some Mesolithic European ancestry, which is pretty much exclusive to Europe. Greeks do have obvious modern southwest Asian ancestry but the same signal exists in the rest of the Balkans just weaker, and also in Italy where it is as strong in the south as it is in Greece.

Echetlaeus, you should take a DNA test.

I was thinking about it. Does it cost much?

What do I actually ask for? I am totally irrelevant with the whole thing.

And I don't understand why someone " no-gooded " this thread. I just showed a picture indicating a characteristic that does not show the same patterns with other European countries.

Greeks are not a homogeneous people historically. They have absorbed Macedonians, Epirus and Thracians that were different people, that spoke according to Greek historians of antiquity spoke different languages. Having said that makes very little sense to average out all this melange of people, and call them Greeks and look for their brothers. Today's northern geeks which corresponds with macedonians and Epirots of antiquity are genetically close to Albanians. R1b, I, R1a, J2b and EV13. The real Greeks or Hellenes are in south and central part of the country.They cluster Heavy in J2a, a lot G,T, J1, moderately in R1b. Today's greek population has about 3 milion people of Albanian heritage, or namely Arvanites. They have been there since 11 century ad invited by greek landlords of Bizaantine empire to work in fields and help them protect their possession from other Greek landlords of that time. Hopefully the recent Albanian emigrants will come back home. Seen from that angle since there are 3 to four million of real Albanians then of course ewe are half brothers.

And I don't understand why someone " no-gooded " this thread. I just showed a picture indicating a characteristic that does not show the same patterns with other European countries.
Unless you don't know where Albania is.
583px-Haplogroups_europe.png

Unless you don't know where Albania is.
583px-Haplogroups_europe.png

That was Greece in the past. Albania is half-green also. Southern Albanians are different from the Northern ones + plus Kossovars.

Greeks are not a homogeneous people historically. They have absorbed Macedonians, Epirus and Thracians that were different people, that spoke according to Greek historians of antiquity spoke different languages. Having said that makes very little sense to average out all this melange of people, and call them Greeks and look for their brothers. Today's northern geeks which corresponds with macedonians and Epirots of antiquity are genetically close to Albanians. R1b, I, R1a, J2b and EV13. The real Greeks or Hellenes are in south and central part of the country.They cluster Heavy in J2a, a lot G,T, J1, moderately in R1b. Today's greek population has about 3 milion people of Albanian heritage, or namely Arvanites. They have been there since 11 century ad invited by greek landlords of Bizaantine empire to work in fields and help them protect their possession from other Greek landlords of that time. Hopefully the recent Albanian emigrants will come back home. Seen from that angle since there are 3 to four million of real Albanians then of course ewe are half brothers.

Their kids are already hellenized.

Arvanites are mostly in Attica and Beotea.

J2 seems to be Perso-Assyrian and Semitic, no?

How about this, only Crete is green?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:World_Map_of_Y-DNA_Haplogroups.png

Here are the haplogroups of Early Farmers:
Haplogroup_EGJT.gif

Full of brothers and cousins, even up north.

Here is full genome (autosomal) relation map:
EuropeanautosomaladmixturesDodecadv3.png

On all the maps your brothers are Albanians and Slavic Macedonia. Your cousins are Bulgarians, Romanians, West Turks, and South Italy.

Here are the haplogroups of Early Farmers:
Haplogroup_EGJT.gif

Full of brothers and cousins, even up north.

But we do not speak the same language, we do not share the same civilization. Can we be bros, w/o those?

Here is full genome (autosomal) relation map:
EuropeanautosomaladmixturesDodecadv3.png

On all the maps your brothers are Albanians and Slavic Macedonia. Your cousins are Bulgarians, Romanians, West Turks, and South Italy.

Makes sense, due to old colonies and Byzantine Empire. Maybe it is related to the Dorian invasion as well. Dorians, the sons of Heracles, came from the north.

Turks are not our bros, they came from Mongolia. What you see nowadays in Turkey is a mix.

That was Greece in the past. Albania is half-green also. Southern Albanians are different from the Northern ones + plus Kossovars.
Are you getting creative to find any excuse not to have a brother? I think you don't want to have a brother, to be unique and special. That what you think about Greece and being proud Greek.
Now get off your high romantic horse and smell the real life.
This map is based on people not borders of Greece, past or present. These maps show that closest genetic relation (the brothers) are Albanians and Slavic Macedonians, either you like it or not. Science doesn't care about your agendas.

Makes sense, due to old colonies and Byzantine Empire.

Turks are not our bros, they came from Mongolia. What you see nowadays in Turkey is a mix.
First of all Turks are not from Mongolia.
Secondly, only about 10% is Turkic mixed 90% existing old population of Anatolia. That's why they are still strongly related to Greeks.

Are you getting creative to find any excuse not to have a brother? I think you don't want to have a brother, to be unique and special. That what you think about Greece and being proud Greek.
Now get off your high romantic horse and smell the real life.
This map is based on people not borders of Greece, past or present. These maps show that closest genetic relation (the brothers) are Albanians and Slavic Macedonians, either you like it or not. Science doesn't care about your agendas.

Imagine if all of these blue territories were one country. What an honour it would be to make an empire again.

First of all Turks are not from Mongolia.
Secondly, only about 10% is Turkic mixed 90% existing old population of Anatolia. That's why they are still strongly related to Greeks.

Hence they should not use the name Turks, but Hettites. Even my Chinese and Korean friends told me that the first Turks came from a part close to Mongolia, after they lost a battle.

Was Troy inhabited by Greeks? It must be the case should we see Dardanos' story.

But we do not speak the same language, we do not share the same civilization. Can we be bros, w/o those?
If you had a genetic brother who was adopted by Albanian family, and speaks only Albanian now. Wouldn't he still be your brother?
What is your definition of brother? From same father and mother?
Definition of brother doesn't care about culture. It strictly adhere only to genetic ties.

Culturally, you are closer to people from any European country than ancient Greeks. As I mention before you don't have ancient greek religion, traditions, education, way of life, they wouldn't understand your greek either, etc. On other hand, all Europeans these days have similar education, christian religion, drive cars, watch movies, go to cafes and bars, eat food from around the world, wear same clothes made in Asia, etc, feel free to continue, have same jobs. Isn't it the same culture?

This thread has been viewed 26969 times.

Back