PaschalisB

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Greek
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-CTS9320
mtDNA haplogroup
U5a1b
I wonder if Maciamo could make some maps for East and West Med admixture, wouldn't it be very interesting?

I wonder if Maciamo could make some maps for East and West Med admixture, wouldn't it be very interesting?

You should print out maps of certain regions of the world and write down the percentage with a pencil, that's what i do. I know it sounds simple, but it is much better than the type of maps Maciamo makes which are largely made by guessing.

first of all, maps need choice among the diverse poolings proposed - that said at first sight, I prefer the distribution maps of Eurogenes (16?) to the one based upon Dodecad (K12-b?) -Eurogenes shows well enough a western (Iberia-Sardigna) and an eastern 'mediterranean' group (this one corresponding in some part to SW-Asian + a part of 'mediterranean-near-easterners') and shows an atlantic group with Basques as leaders, well distinguished from 'west-mediterranean' and 'north-west-european', what I was waiting for a long time, according to physical anthropology and History -I suppose the atlantic element reflects in some way an old HGs heritage when the northern and southern other East Europeans are/were "newcomers" (by two different ways, I could bet)
just my present day thought

I precise: atlantic in my post: not totally 'HG' but a mix where stayed some traces yet, with first 'archaic mediterranean' pre-Neolithic (Chancelade descendants? from the two sides of Mediterranea???) the heavier presence of "true" west-mediterranean in Portugal* and some western or extreme southern places of Spain could better correspond with Y DNA and autosomals respective distributions
*: spite Portugal is geographically more "atlantic" than Spain! but central Spain and N-Spain show more 'atlantic' than Portugal, S-Andalusia and C-mediterranean shores of Spain...

first of all, maps need choice among the diverse poolings proposed - that said at first sight, I prefer the distribution maps of Eurogenes (16?) to the one based upon Dodecad (K12-b?) -Eurogenes shows well enough a western (Iberia-Sardigna) and an eastern 'mediterranean' group (this one corresponding in some part to SW-Asian + a part of 'mediterranean-near-easterners') and shows an atlantic group with Basques as leaders, well distinguished from 'west-mediterranean' and 'north-west-european', what I was waiting for a long time, according to physical anthropology and History -I suppose the atlantic element reflects in some way an old HGs heritage when the northern and southern other East Europeans are/were "newcomers" (by two different ways, I could bet)
just my present day thought

sorry for the mess!
I want say "...when the northern and southern other WEST Europeans..."

Here my data (Eurogenes K13) if it can be helpful because usually NorthAfrica lack of data:
West Med : 25.87%
East Med: 23.08%

This thread has been viewed 8029 times.

Back