Which DNA studies are reliable and which ones aren't?

John Doe

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Ashkenazi Jewish
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-PF1975
mtDNA haplogroup
K1a9
So I know that the samples on Gedmatch for example aren't approved by academics, but I'm not entirely sure if there's a DNA testing company out there, free or a charger of money, that is reliable enough to be taken seriously beyond just speculations. If not, then where can one find a site perhaps that releases reliable studies by experts and such? I'm sorry, I'm far from an expert in this subject, and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right studies.
Thanks in advance. :)

So I know that the samples on Gedmatch for example aren't approved by academics, but I'm not entirely sure if there's a DNA testing company out there, free or a charger of money, that is reliable enough to be taken seriously beyond just speculations. If not, then where can one find a site perhaps that releases reliable studies by experts and such? I'm sorry, I'm far from an expert in this subject, and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right studies.
Thanks in advance. :)

I see academics tap into gedmatch because they have the hugest database ...........granted it covers only modern times and academics are seeking the ancient

Oh, so Gedmatch is approved by some academics? (although only when it comes to modern times and not ancient), okay that's good to know, thanks mate. :)

This thread has been viewed 3820 times.

Back