PDA

View Full Version : Which DNA studies are reliable and which ones aren't?

John Doe
02-06-14, 16:51
So I know that the samples on Gedmatch for example aren't approved by academics, but I'm not entirely sure if there's a DNA testing company out there, free or a charger of money, that is reliable enough to be taken seriously beyond just speculations. If not, then where can one find a site perhaps that releases reliable studies by experts and such? I'm sorry, I'm far from an expert in this subject, and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right studies.
Thanks in advance. :smile:

Sile
03-06-14, 20:59
So I know that the samples on Gedmatch for example aren't approved by academics, but I'm not entirely sure if there's a DNA testing company out there, free or a charger of money, that is reliable enough to be taken seriously beyond just speculations. If not, then where can one find a site perhaps that releases reliable studies by experts and such? I'm sorry, I'm far from an expert in this subject, and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right studies.
Thanks in advance. :smile:

I see academics tap into gedmatch because they have the hugest database ...........granted it covers only modern times and academics are seeking the ancient

John Doe
04-06-14, 10:54
Oh, so Gedmatch is approved by some academics? (although only when it comes to modern times and not ancient), okay that's good to know, thanks mate. :)