Presidents Theodore Roosevelft and Franklin D. Roosevelt might have been R1b

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
Checking the Rose DNA Project, I found one member (#310947) whose most distant paternal ancestor is listed as being Cornelius Geldersman via his grandson Claes van Roosevelt (1626-1658). This happens to be the ancestor of the two Roosevelt presidents as this genealogy shows.

The Ysearch ID is RJ4NQ. It isn't clear what subclade of R1b-M269 corresponds to this haplotype though.

Checking the Rose DNA Project, I found one member (#310947) whose most distant paternal ancestor is listed as being Cornelius Geldersman via his grandson Claes van Roosevelt (1626-1658). This happens to be the ancestor of the two Roosevelt presidents as this genealogy shows.

The Ysearch ID is RJ4NQ. It isn't clear what subclade of R1b-M269 corresponds to this haplotype though.

Not surprisingly the majority of US Presidents so far are R1b.

Apparently they were actually I1

This thread has been viewed 5909 times.

Back