looking for information on snp Z251

brianthebold9

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1B L21 Z251+
mtDNA haplogroup
H
Hello I have recently tested positive for SNP Z251 below R1b L21 and I am looking for others who have also tested positive as well or know something about the SNP

Thanks Brian

I recently tested positive for snp Z251. My ancestor immigrated from Scotland, to the USA, in the later half of the 1700s.

Donald J. McDonald

Hi Donald,

Thanks for the reply. My family also came over in 1750 but from Germany. I would like to suggest you check out yahoo user groups R1B L21 project, there are several people of Scottish decent who are Z251 as well.
Your next step should be to see which sub branch of Z251 you are. There is A241 Z1693/L555 S1156/S9294/L583 and CTS4571. some of these tests can be found at YSEQ and some at FTDNA
Family Tree DNA has R1B-Z251 and subclades project you may wish to join. I hope this is of some help.
Thanks Brian

Howdy Bryan,

I joined the R1B-Z251 group at FTDNA and also joined the L21 group for yahoo.

Hi Donald,

Glad to hear it. I got my results back and I was neg for SNP A241. I have some more test pending so we will see what's next.

Brian

Hi Brian, I am Z251+, FGC13899+. Just found out today from my Big Y analysis by Mike Walsh. There is a Z251 new project at FTDNA ... are you a member? There are 3 of us Z251+ FGC13899+ people listed. My Y linage is from Bavaria (emigrating early 1800s to North Carolina). Bob

Hi Bob, I am glad you got past Z251 to the next SNP. I have some tests pending to see what I might possibly be. Yes I am on several projects. It seems like a lot of Germans went south as well as north when the came to America.
Do you now more specifically where in Bavaria. My family may have come from the western forest region in nw Germany.

Hi Bob, I am glad you got past Z251 to the next SNP. I have some tests pending to see what I might possibly be. Yes I am on several projects. It seems like a lot of Germans went south as well as north when the came to America. Do you now more specifically where in Bavaria. My family may have come from the western forest region in nw Germany.
Hi Brian, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been researching my genealogy. It appears that my ancestry origin is not in Bavaria but perhaps from Geiselberg which is a municipality in the Südwestpfalz district, in Rhineland-Palatinate, western Germany. I need to confirm that with more time and research. I am in the Z251 and FGC13899 projects and there are only a few of us. Bob

This thread has been viewed 8793 times.

Back