The "Ethno-paleontology" and "Civilizational" Meaning of Y-DNA G2 in European Context

Hyperborean

Reaction score
The "Ethno-paleontology" and "Civilizational" Meaning of Y-DNA G2 in European Context

Hello fellow genetics "hobbyists" :)

Let us pretend I am cognitively retrograde and please have patience with me here...

Okay: first, here is the hard data from a reliable genetic testing company: I am positive for the SNPs M201 and P15.

I have been verified as being NEGATIVE for the following SNPs:

M285
M286
M342
P16
P18
P20

The lab document only states I am a descendent of G2 - no "a" is given, just "G2"... Is this standard? It is stated I probably originate of old from Iranian and Caucasian regions... This particular information fits very well with what I know from other empirical facts concerning my "personal scientific equation"...

Based on the above data, where am I exactly? Are these common numbers...?

And once a generous soul helps determine what sub-variation of G2 I belong to (?), - I am VASTLY interested in EVERY anthropological, ethnological, etc. aspect, meaning, interpretation and significance or role of this particular lineage...

I have read science papers declaring my paternal line is "Semitic", "Indo-European" or "Kurgan", and also "Indo-Hittite" (interesting term)... There does not seem to be a very solidified consensus as to the status and development of Y-DNA G2, from my preliminary reading - is this a correct conclusion? Is this a "borderland" haplo-group...?

I shall only mention I am, anthropologically, 1) Xanthochroid, so-called and 2) my paternal name is lower nobiliary in origin, equivalent to the feudal "castellan" and possibility of Sarmatian-knightly connections abound...

Last edited:
My heritage is so "colorful", I know not what I am - I also have hints of a magisterial Judaic lineament in my family history... Something about an "exilarch"... I don't know... Then the Norman blood is the only one I know fully confidently (i.e. "North-man" -> Norseman -> Viking "arch-strategos" of Robert Guiscard, conqueror of Sicily - "arch-strategos" the letters patent style the office, translating to "warlord" basically; I imagine my ancestor was a wild berserk maniacal savage, sadly) - this Sicilian-Norman component I know is the one I can scientifically verify, but I am a synthesis I cannot decode... Sicilians are the most complex of peoples...

Let us pretend I am cognitively retrograde and please have patience with me here...

Okay: first, here is the hard data from a reliable genetic testing company: I am positive for the SNPs M201 and P15.

M285
M286
M342
P16
P18
P20

The lab document only states I am a descendent of G2 - no "a" is given, just "G2"... Is this standard? It is stated I probably originate of old from Iranian and Caucasian regions... This particular information fits very well with what I know from other empirical facts concerning my "personal scientific equation"...

Based on the above data, where am I exactly? Are these common numbers...?

And once a generous soul helps determine what sub-variation of G2 I belong to (?), - I am VASTLY interested in EVERY anthropological, ethnological, etc. aspect, meaning, interpretation and significance or role of this particular lineage...

I have read science papers declaring my paternal line is "Semitic", "Indo-European" or "Kurgan", and also "Indo-Hittite" (interesting term)... There does not seem to be a very solidified consensus as to the status and development of Y-DNA G2, from my preliminary reading - is this a correct conclusion? Is this a "borderland" haplo-group...?

I shall only mention I am, anthropologically, 1) Xanthochroid, so-calledand 2) my paternal name is lower nobiliary in origin, equivalent to the feudal "castellan" and possibility of Sarmatian-knightly connections abound...

How about your matches on FTDNA database?

M285
M286
M342
P16
P18
P20

What is your Kit Number in Ftdna?

This thread has been viewed 7823 times.

Back