Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
North Alpine Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
mtDNA haplogroup
H95a1 ..Pannoni
How do I turn off these "recommended for you" pop ups?

Good question! And, while we are at it - what can be done to make the advertisement less javascript-heavy, so my computer doesn't need two minutes to refresh the page when I preview or submit a post?

How do I turn off these "recommended for you" pop ups?
I have no idea, probably Maciamo did some updates to the site.

Good question! And, while we are at it - what can be done to make the advertisement less javascript-heavy, so my computer doesn't need two minutes to refresh the page when I preview or submit a post?
Do you have very old computer? I didn't notice anything on my older machine or tablet.
I had some issues with Internet Explorer in the past. I'm using Chrome now and didn't notice any problems.

Hopefully Maciamo will find a moment to address these issues.

I have removed the large pop-up on the right side of the screen and replaced it by a small window in the bottom-right.

FrankN I have never had my page get refreshed because of ads. What browser are you using ?

I have removed the large pop-up on the right side of the screen and replaced it by a small window in the bottom-right.

FrankN I have never had my page get refreshed because of ads. What browser are you using ?

that right side small popup should stay closed after I use the down arrow on the pop-up for the rest of my session ( until I log out) and not popup every 10 seconds when I close it ..............extremely annoying

How do i stop the "recommended for you" pop-up

Its a mega pain

This site is becoming very UN-STABLE

This thread has been viewed 7598 times.

Back