Reaction score
Ethnic group
Makedonian original
Y-DNA haplogroup
G2a3a
mtDNA haplogroup
X2b
the map speaks for it shelf
my country is in orange, mostly in summer the 3 months closed schools, children above 12 help family income by working in family fields or in touristic business if belong to father, or mother, or big brother

childlabormap.jpg

http://www.ilo.org/global/about-the-ilo/newsroom/news/WCMS_221568/lang--en/index.htm

our world in 2014,

I do not think it is athread to be discussed, just read it and wonder

From their website:
What is child labour?
Child labour is work that deprives children of their childhood, their potential and their dignity, and that is harmful to physical and mental development.
Did they distinguish between a hard labour in fields or factory from something that builds responsibility like doing house chores or delivering newspaper in the morning?

the map speaks for it shelf
my country is in orange, mostly in summer the 3 months closed schools, children above 12 help family income by working in family fields or in touristic business if belong to father, or mother, or big brother
I don't think they should take this under consideration. Kids don't miss school, help parents for few hours and still have plenty of time to play or do nothing. It doesn't fit their definition (in post #2).

I don't think they should take this under consideration. Kids don't miss school, help parents for few hours and still have plenty of time to play or do nothing. It doesn't fit their definition (in post #2).

I tend to agree, helping in family business can have an educational character most of times,
that is happening I believe in yellow and orange colour,
but i doupt if it has an educational character in very dark colours

Its necessary for Children to help their parents they even enjoy it and they its educational in itself, even if they get rewarded for it (I know I did), but depriving a child from general education to earn a miserable wage is the big no no especially when some parents seem to encourage it. However levels of free child education and proximity to schools vary greatly and also financial misery (which is still the case in so many countries) tend to push forward some negative trends, which is a shame at this day and age.

Its necessary for Children to help their parents they even enjoy it and they its educational in itself, even if they get rewarded for it (I know I did), but depriving a child from general education to earn a miserable wage is the big no no especially when some parents seem to encourage it. However levels of free child education and proximity to schools vary greatly and also financial misery (which is still the case in so many countries) tend to push forward some negative trends, which is a shame at this day and age.
What is for us today a Negative Trend was a normal existence in the past. In old days kids had to do labour (help family) as soon as they could pick up and carry wood for fire or fetch water from river or a well. Older kids took care of smaller siblings and worked gardens or fields. They only played in mintime.

This thread has been viewed 6604 times.

Back