I'm Famous!

MtDNA

Flagmaker of Haplogroups
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Persian
mtDNA haplogroup
U2e1
So, I was looking through the "Famous people's Y-DNA" page on Eupedia, and I noticed that my family was on there, under J1. I'm not trying to brag, but do you know what this means. My family is so relevant that they are listed on the page with only the most famous people who have their DNA tested. I actually am cousins with Khosrovani and Ferydoun.
For a long time, I did not know he was my cousin, yet my keen interest in anthropology, genetics, and ancestry grew. And, then I found him via a facebook page. My mother did not have any interest in these subjects, however I did. Could it be a genetic tendency to go towards these topics?

Also, I hope you guys put up a "famous people's MtDNA" page.

I'd be interested in famous mtDNA as well, although in my experience in hunting for the haplogroups of famous people, it's much easier to find cousin tests for Y lines than mtDNA lines. For example, if I wanted to find the Y-DNA haplogroup of Wyatt Earp, I just need to look for some Earps, and indeed there's even an Earp Project. So I look at the results, see who shares a common ancestor with Wyatt Earp, and, ta-da, looks like Wyatt Earp was Y haplogroup R1b according to cousin testing. But to find out his mtDNA, I'd have to first look up his family tree, check for mtDNA entries across all databases for every person along it, along with perhaps some cousins who weren't traced back farther, in order to have a chance of using cousin testing to figure out his mtDNA haplogroup.

You're a patrilineal descendant of the Qajar dynasty, right?

Not exactly. My relation to them is described below.

"Me"←"My Mom"←"My Grandmother"←"Direct Male Patrilineal Descendant"

To find out his mtDNA, I'd have to first look up his close relatives shrub, examine for mtDNA records across all data source for every person along it, along with perhaps some relatives who were not tracked back further, to be able to have a possibility of using relative examining to determine his mtDNA haplogroup.

Last edited:
just have some things more weird and interesting things to have in.

This thread has been viewed 4289 times.

Back