Help me interpreting my 23andme results

bonair

Reaction score
Just received my results from 23andMe. I am a beginner to this, and would therefore need help to interpret my first results.
Mother: Swedish
Father: Unknown (very grateful if anyone can identify his exact origin!)

MATERNAL LINE: T2B
PATERNAL LINE: E1B1B1B2A

Standard:

Speculative:

Thanks!

According to that data, your father was either some sort of North African or from the Arabian Peninsula.

Your paternal grandfather was most likely of Berber origin. Some of them have married European women during past generations. Not only during French occupation but since times of Roman Empire and even before that. As a matter of fact a number of North African women look quite South European and genetically many belong to European mtDNA haplogroups. That is why your father has about 70% North African and 30% European blood, provided your mother is 100% European.

For digging further I would recommend you to order 67 markers at FTDNA and join a project maghreb​.

Your paternal grandfather was most likely of Berber origin. Some of them have married European women during past generations. Not only during French occupation but since times of Roman Empire and even before that. As a matter of fact a number of North African women look quite South European and genetically many belong to European mtDNA haplogroups. That is why your father has about 70% North African and 30% European blood, provided your mother is 100% European.

For digging further I would recommend you to order 67 markers at FTDNA and join a project maghreb​.

In 23andme, Arabian Peninsula people are generally turn out as predominantly "North African" by gene. So it is very possible that he has a Arabian father instead of North African

This thread has been viewed 5192 times.

Back