Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
North Alpine Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
mtDNA haplogroup
H95a1 ..Pannoni
I would like to know if someone knows something about the Odenwald region of Hesse Germany. Its history , ancient people, medieval people or anything else.

I have 4 different genetic matches ( with zero to 1 GD ) with the following surnames, Smelser, Belser, Rettig and Pelser ( I have found many Pelzer in northern Veneto )

I see some people state that there is T1 in hesse and thats why of the 15% that stayed in the USA of the 18000 hessian troops, some could have been from the T1 group ( I found many T1 in Georgia, Virgina and South-Carolina )

I would like to know if someone knows something about the Odenwald region of Hesse Germany. Its history , ancient people, medieval people or anything else.

I have 4 different genetic matches ( with zero to 1 GD ) with the following surnames, Smelser, Belser, Rettig and Pelser ( I have found many Pelzer in northern Veneto )

I see some people state that there is T1 in hesse and thats why of the 15% that stayed in the USA of the 18000 hessian troops, some could have been from the T1 group ( I found many T1 in Georgia, Virgina and South-Carolina )

So only 27,000 stayed in he colonies down south. Did any migrate to Ontario, Canada after the War of Independence?

So only 27,000 stayed in he colonies down south.

2,700, rather. Sounds about right.

Did any migrate to Ontario, Canada after the War of Independence?

They sure did: http://globalgenealogy.com/countries/canada/loyalist/resources/aaa402.htm

I descend from a Hessian solider named Christoph Jungkurth, although I think that he was an auxiliary stationed in London who served after the American Revolution. He settled in Britain, and his genes ended up on my Welsh side.

Maybe the hessian where in great numbers or they enlisted the Nassau men............but 10000 where hired by the house of Savoy to fight permanently in northern Italy and the tyrol. barely any returned

This thread has been viewed 4318 times.

Back