Americans Are Sad

Theodorik

Reaction score
Americans Are Sad and Mentally Sick

Social Marxists and liberals promised us that we would have a happier and more just society if we embraced feminism, liberal values in schools, homosexuality, atheism, easy divorce, and the use of "therapy" to treat our problems.

But the result of the destruction of traditional values and their replacement with Social Marxist values has been catastrophic.

There has been a huge increase in suicide, debilitating stress, depression, and mental disabilities. Half of all people between ages 18 and 33 are under so much stress that it keeps them awake at night.

This country is moving in the wrong direction, and Fox News, MSNBC, the university elite, the Republican Party,and the Democratic Party have no solutions. They don't even understand what is causing this. It is the destruction of traditional values and the family and an economy based on diversity and globalization which destroys all financial security.

"Women are especially prone to depression, with a stunning 23 percent of all American women in their 40s and 50s – almost one in four – now taking antidepressants, according to a major study by the CDC;"
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/americans-snapping-by-the-millions/#EQzQYZYlBGQiOlpt.99"

The political and economic clout of the drug industry and the therapy industry are a major cause of the problem. Drugs and therapy don't work.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]http://forums.delphiforums.com/mindbrain
http://forums.delphiforums.com/biopsychology
http://forums.delphiforums.com/shiningstar23
http://forums.delphiforums.com/sexgender
http://forums.delphiforums.com/nordichistory4
http://forums.delphiforums.com/truthseekers23
[/FONT]

Thank Goodness you have accurate statistics to be able to present, because up to a few decades ago, suicide - the amount of battered women who could not turn anywhere for help and many many other ills in society went greatly unnoticed and even dis-encouraged to report and swept under the carpet as society of the time dictated.

The first link only states the number of people taking anti-depressants, with absolutely no break down stating the reason they were prescribed. Anti-depressants can be prescribed for several reasons besides depression.
The second link, well that IMO is one party trying to win votes from the other. It`s a canvassing campaign.
And perhaps I`m wrong, but there is an element of "conspiracy" in these items.

But the result of the destruction of traditional values and their replacement with Social Marxist values has been catastrophic.
Evidence ? or say IMO.

There has been a huge increase in suicide, debilitating stress, depression, and mental disabilities. Half of all people between ages 18 and 33 are under so much stress that it keeps them awake at night.
Study link please which covers all reasons for these effects. I am sure they are not as result of one thing...

Last edited:
Americans Are Sad and Mentally Sick

Social Marxists and liberals promised us that we would have a happier and more just society if we embraced feminism, liberal values in schools, homosexuality, atheism, easy divorce, and the use of "therapy" to treat our problems.

No my friend, these are issues Sweden and large parts of northern Europe have. Not UK, Canada, USA, or Australia. The Americans have definitely not embraced these values.

Blame the greed of the FDA on bad drugs being prescribed to Americans which seem to do more harm than good.

No my friend, these are issues Sweden and large parts of northern Europe have. Not UK, Canada, USA, or Australia. The Americans have definitely not embraced these values.

Blame the greed of the FDA on bad drugs being prescribed to Americans which seem to do more harm than good.

What is wrong with these values? Is it bad for a women to have vote? Is it bad for women to get paid the same wage as a man for doing the same Job? Should homosexuals be forced into fake marriages? Scandinavia can teach the world a lesson or two, and it was not a coincidence that Denmark was voted happiest country on earth.

Mr. Teodorick in some other thread talks about Religion and how it solves all the ills of society. Which Religion is he talking about? There are 100's of Religions in the world. Even Isis have a Religion and act on its behalf. Maybe it would be better if he makes statements more clear rather then speak on such a Generalistic fashion.

I updated the title to take some hatred away from this thread. I'm not sure if Theodoric is completely honest with us. His IP address points to Il, USA.

His latest threads reminds me more of ideological propaganda pieces than threads welcoming us to discuss issues or observations. This thread crosses certain line and might need to be deleted.

Stress affects men and women differently: men are more apt to become aggressive, and women are more apt to become depressed. Luckily, we now have medications that can alleviate some of the symptoms of these conditions. In prior eras the aggression was much more likely to turn into violence, and the depression often resulted in suicide.

The larger issue is that the original post presents a world view where modern life is seen as somehow less stressful than life in the past, and more particularly the life of women of women is presented as having been better in the past.

I think that even a cursory reading of history would indicate that this romanticized view of the past is totally fallacious.

I'll leave aside the fact that for people in general life as a subsistence farmer always one crop away from starvation, or life as an industrial worker hacking out one's lungs in some sweatshop of a factory, suffering from malnutrition, tuberculosis, sepsis, not to mention becoming cannon fodder for one stupid war after another are stressors beyond anything people living today in modern, industrialized countries can even begin to imagine.

Instead, I'll just present some actual data about this "better" life that women had in the past.

See: Encylopedia of Life of Women in the Renaissance, p. 397:
http://books.google.com/books?id=OQ...life of women in pre industrial Italy&f=false

Or see the following paper on the life of women in pre-industrial society:
http://web.clark.edu/afisher/HIST253/lecture_text/WomenPreindustrialSocietyEurope.pdf

"What was different was that for thousands of years males longevity was longer than womens. Girls and women generally had less to eat, childbirth was hazardous and deadly to 20% of women, infanticide was practiced mainly on girls, and by the time women went through their years of menstrual cycles and lactation for the many births (50% mortality for the infants), they were deficient in iron, causing anemia that led to early deaths. We do not know exactly when the life expectancy of women first began to exceed that of men, but by the 17th century the life expectancies of the sexes were about equal. By the late 18th century, women took the lead, which they have never relinquished. The main factors which accounted for this drastic change where women were now living longer than men were: more deaths for men in war, more women moved to cities for opportunities as servants, so consequently not as physically worn out as soon, and many women did not make marriage and family their vocation, thus not dying in childbirth.

So, if you wanted a better chance for a healthy, long life as a woman, it was better not to get married, or at least to put it off as long as possible.

The article as a whole is relatively short, only six pages, but it presents a good picture of this great life women used to have...

If someone wants to imagine a stressful life, think about being born a girl at any time before the twentieth century...cooking, cleaning, child minding, taking care of domestic animals, working in the fields...then, if you were lucky, getting to do the same thing for another farmer, or for a rich household, or marrying and doing all the same things, only this time doing it while pregnant every two or three years and nursing the alternate years. Then picture childbirth and the possibility of death from the birth itself or puerperile fever, or the heartache of miscarriages and still births and young children dying through lack of food or medicine. Of course, there were also the poor, unfortunate girls who became pregnant before marriage and the man absconded; she could either become a pariah or a prostitute. Let's add in that she couldn't own property, so anything her parents left her became her husband's, and that she had no recourse if husband or father physically abused her, or that if she left in fear for her own or her children's lives, she had no right to those children. Or think about working in some god-forsaken factory or mine and getting half the wage that the men received.

Would any sane woman want to go back to that? The best time to be a woman is right now.

I know moderator is concerned regarding this thread, Angela [ justly so in my opinion]. Perhaps you could ask if this thread is to be deleted your post is moved. You have two good links attached and you make clear points, it would be a shame to loose them.

The best time to be a woman is right now.
I agree....but can I just add to your statement by saying "depending where in the world you are." It is alarming that even today there are still places where a womans lot has seen little change and many still have no or little redress through legal procedure or, protection under it.

Angela and hope both make good points. As hope said, there are all to many countries in this world where women have very little status and their lives are horrible. But, in those countries, the lives of men aren't much better, since most men have no power outside their own homes, which may be one of the reasons they often behave so badly in their homes. Some African countries are apparently starting to realize that if they want to improve everyone's life, the best way to do that is to protect and educate girls.

Actually, Canada is still a fairly liberal country, despite the attempts of Prime Minister Harpo to drive this country into the dark ages of the failed right wing policies that so badly damaged the U.S. If Americans have a problem with depression these days, they can blame it on clowns like Reagan, the two Bushes, Cheney and countless right wing Republican whack jobs. Doubling down on failed right wing economic and social policies will only make matters worse. And trying to force everyone to embrace an antiquated version of religious conservatism that takes away people's rights is certainly part of the problem. Some people may feel that life was better in the American deep south during the days of segregation, but the truth is that when you base a culture on ignorance and abuse, everyone suffers.

Americans including the hispanic or just US citizens? wtf ?

It may surprise you to find this out, but many American citizens are hispanic. If you visit the U.S, particularly states that have a big hispanic population, such as Florida, you'll find that there are many hispanics who were born there and who don't identify with any other country. They see themselves as hispanic Americans.

This thread has been viewed 7868 times.

Back