New page dedicated to haplogroup HV (mtDNA)

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I have been quite busy in the last few months, but I finally found some time to write a new haplogroup page. Here comes Haplogroup HV.

I could swear I had seen a list on which both Andronovo and Corded Ware had ~10% of Haplogroup HV*?

I could swear I had seen a list on which both Andronovo and Corded Ware had ~10% of Haplogroup HV*?

Perhaps you remembered the Iron Age samples from Scytho-Siberian Pazyryk culture and the Tachtyk culture, which both indeed had HV individuals. I think that is because the Scythians had an important minority of West Asian lineages (Y-DNA J2 and maybe T) alongside IE steppe lineages. That's also certainly through the Scythians (or later Central Asian tribes) that U3 and X2 ended up in Xinjiang.

I have been quite busy in the last few months, but I finally found some time to write a new haplogroup page. Here comes Haplogroup HV.

nice summary

would the croatian really mean friulian on your map or was friulian missed out...it seems like a decent %?

On a side note to your maps..........IMO it would be very very helpful if you could include the danube river and one or two of the steppe rivers ( in all your maps ).........it would be easier to decipher ...at last for me.

regards

Perhaps you remembered the Iron Age samples from Scytho-Siberian Pazyryk culture and the Tachtyk culture, which both indeed had HV individuals. I think that is because the Scythians had an important minority of West Asian lineages (Y-DNA J2 and maybe T) alongside IE steppe lineages. That's also certainly through the Scythians (or later Central Asian tribes) that U3 and X2 ended up in Xinjiang.

No I really mean Bronze Age Kazakhstan samples. They show 10% of HV*

A 2004 study also established that, during the Bronze/Iron Age period, the majority of the population of Kazakhstan (part of the Andronovo culture during Bronze Age), was of west Eurasian origin (with mtDNA haplogroups such as U, H, HV, T, I and W), and that prior to the thirteenth to seventh century BC, all Kazakh samples belonged to European lineages.[20]

Couldn't find the exact frequency again. But I am sure that it was some ~10%. And the same was the case with Corded Ware samples on the table I saw.

Last edited:
Here I found one of the studies. 2 of 21(~10%) Bronze Age Andronovo Samples from Kazakhstan turned out as HV*
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1691686/pdf/15255049.pdf

I also found the original post of Sile where he shared the mtDNA results of early European and Indo European cultures.
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...k-pigmentation?p=428123&viewfull=1#post428123

Unfortunately the images have disappeared. It seems I mistook Pitted Ware with Corded Ware culture.

Both Pitted Ware Culture and Andronovo showed ~10% HV*. I somehow have the feeling that beside Neolithic and Paleolithic sides, HV is more connected to some Satem Indo European groups.

Here I found one of the studies. 2 of 21(~10%) Bronze Age Andronovo Samples from Kazakhstan turned out as HV*
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1691686/pdf/15255049.pdf

I also found the original post of Sile where he shared the mtDNA results of early European and Indo European cultures.
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...k-pigmentation?p=428123&viewfull=1#post428123

Unfortunately the images have disappeared. It seems I mistook Pitted Ware with Corded Ware culture.

Both Pitted Ware Culture and Andronovo showed ~10% HV*. I somehow have the feeling that beside Neolithic and Paleolithic sides, HV is more connected to some Satem Indo European groups.

The two samples that are HV (#62 et #74) date respectively from the Late Bronze-Early Iron Age (14 to 10th century BCE) and the late Iron Age (5th to 1st century BCE). The Andronovo culture lasted from 1800 to 1400 BCE, so neither sample is Andronovo.

The presence of a U1 sample in the same batch as #62 suggests a migration from the Middle East (Anatolia, Mesopotamia or Iran).

This thread has been viewed 15863 times.

Back