PDA

View Full Version : Why do you love somebody???

Himura
02-07-03, 01:56
Has it a reason, why you love sombody like your partner??

-What do you like at GIRLS/BOYS, an what do you hate or dislike??

jeisan
02-07-03, 02:39
well from personal experience, im sure everyones is different. it just happened to me one day, im not real sure the reason but i suppose it was a combination of factors. i just knew really liked being around her until i realized it was different from any girl before and something more.

another thought id like to throw out is that 'love' is an addiction to another person. a physical, emotional and chemical dependancy on them and all that is attached, especially pheromones. a symbiotic relationship if you will.

Elizabeth
02-07-03, 13:45
In my case he's older (10 years or so) and more accomplished -- so probably closer to a father figure/mentor followed by close friend and lover. I'd have some qualms about marrying or setting up house together long-term, though, even if it were possible, and it's for sure not what most Americans think of as mature or ideal love (although at least I can be sure it's not just for my huge breasts :D ), but these roles have worked into as a very, very comfortable fit for us. So.....I'm in love with his mind, boyish enthusiasm, and then lovely/kind personality. :happy:

Iron Chef
03-07-03, 04:37
I've only been "in love" once in my lifetime and that ended badly. Nevertheless, it was an experience I do not regret and I suppose I did learn a great deal from my relationship with her on the dynamics of being a couple and whatnot (hindsight being 20/20 and all that). I've come to accept the fact that to be perfectly honest, I am far too self-absorbed to ever want to be in a relationship again. I enjoy doing things on my own, travelling abroad to new and wonderful places, witnessing and experiencing new things firsthand, etc. etc. I suppose if I ever met someone who shared my desire and passion for such things, then I might reconsider my options. 8-)
:)

Tare. Aura Violette
08-07-03, 03:46
I love my fiance because he's always there for me, he's my best friend.. :)

He's 24, has a nice job, He's responsible
he reminds me of my father, actually..

when I need someone to turn to, he is there
I need to tell him what a horrible day it was, or how I feel on something, he's there

I need to feel safe or comforted, he is there to wrap his arms around me

I know in my heart this is the man I am going to have my child with

No matter what happen we always get through it.

He forgives me for my faults, I'm far from perfect, but he love every quirk about me

He and I fell in love from our personalities, and our minds, we saw each other later

louie
08-07-03, 13:34
For real I have loved many times, many girls, diffirent characters( one side love ), i don't know which one was true love but in most of the cases I realized my feelings after the disappearence of the person from my daily live ( I think it was in most of the cases missing feelings ).
Then I realized that i like to be loved by someone...... so i looked around of me and asked my friends and i found that there are a lot ( not a lot ) of poeple that I haven't noticed them around me who they love me and care about me, i've been touched by this fact but eventhough I refused to accept it, I keept looking for others........ now I'm very confused what we should do : " sould we try to love who love us or keep our feelings choose " I prefer the second choice, but with it I'm still looking.....
The other big questions that knock inside my head is why we are always looking for someone.........to be continue

Ember
08-07-03, 16:51
I voted other, because I always fall in love with a girls eyes...

Himura
08-07-03, 20:43
eyes are beautiful...

jeisan
09-07-03, 05:54
...windows to the soul

Himura
09-07-03, 14:13
you´re right, jeisan. nice continue ^^

Gackt's Twin Fan
09-07-03, 23:38
It depends on how the person makes you feel, wanting money isn't love...that is just use... Being lonely isn't a good reason to think that you're in love with someone, it's all in the feelings.

Chipi
10-07-03, 00:13
Because he saved my life. Twice.
Because he can make me laugh.
He makes me feel so much better when I´m down.
Because I know the "real" him under his tough shell.
Because I´m still with him,even we have changed so much.
Because the way we met was so strange and unforgettable.
Because of the endless discussions we have had, and all the secrets we share with eachother.
Because he loves me,despite how difficult I can be, despite my stupid mistakes, despite my dark secrets....

Himura
10-07-03, 00:16
...mysterious....^-^

KoranRi
14-07-03, 09:20
If I went into why....I would end up w/ a rant. I once wrote why and wrote a page and 1/4 - 1/2 of reasons. But simply put, he's my best friend and has always been there for me in the short time I have known him. If I really need it, he will hug me. That may seem like a weird reason, but what I mean by that is...he knows me well and even tho he is not a huggy person..he will at the right give hugs. It's unrequited I think, but even so...he's a good friend, so it doesn't matter because...he's still my friend. Can't ask for more than that. lol I think I did a mini rant.:blush: ;)

elisakim
23-07-03, 23:32
I love everybody b/c everybody is innocent. Like my dog or my little brother.
:confused: But love-love, I wouldn't know b/c I'm a 20 year old virgin who has never been in love.
I do know that love is very often mistaken for attachment.
I think you love someone for the way they make you feel inside, that special eternal feeling. ;)
I know I'm corny... :smoke:

Himura
23-07-03, 23:51
wow... seems that you are right, elisakim, but it´s hard that you´ve never been in love with someone. I hope, and I´m sure that you will find your one!

elisakim
24-07-03, 00:14
I've liked people before but never got into a relationship, eh maybe I'm just picky..:p

Himura
24-07-03, 00:27
@elisakim ==> You´ll fine the one... and if there is a chance... ======>>>>TAKE IT!!!!!!!!! ^^

elisakim
24-07-03, 00:42
;) Oh..Thanks Himura. Your so sweet.
Though I do wish I could just hop into an anime and grab a really cool pretty boy to be my boyfriend!! Heehee...:p

Himura
24-07-03, 01:05
Thanxx, elisakim, that´s nice of you!
=>Yes... in MANGA/Animes, the characters are always cool or pretty... but that´s just fiction... so we have to seek our luck in reality... that´s often hard ´cause we can´t always get what we want.... but: - THAT`S LIVE
(Live is cruel and sometimes wonderful ^-^ )

Haivart
24-07-03, 23:40
Your're not corny, Elisakim. Some people don't fall in love as early as others. I know what you mean--I've been there.

Himura
25-07-03, 08:15
You´re right, Haivart. ....but I think a lot of people don´t know what "LOVE" is, so they think they are fallen in love....

Navi
29-07-03, 04:17
i had many crushes in my life but never had a boyfriend. i want a guy who would make me feel good and have the time 4 me.

KoranRi
29-07-03, 07:26
I never really like the right guy. I end up liking the person who is my guy friend at the time. And right now the person I love is one of my guy friends. He's great. He's always there for me and actually cares. The only probelm is the major thing that I'm looking for isn't there. He's not religious. Although that may not sound important, religion is the most important thing in my life. I want someone I can serve God with and I want God in my marriage. Sorry, I think I am just ranting. I am really too young to think about this anyhow.

Rosie
29-07-03, 22:57
I love this "somebody" because he could express love better than I do. He was able to express his love by kissing, fondling and making love to me.

I lost him five years ago, but I still love him very much till this very day. I'm currently looking for him. Wish me luck!

chelo
30-07-03, 07:34
konnichiwa!
I have a constant companion, he makes me smile, we shop together, we watch movies together and he even calls me everyday. I love him because he's always there for me, we even say i love you to each other but still he's not my boyfriend and i'm not sure if he already has a girlfriend.

My dilemma: Do we really love each other or we just enjoy each other's company.

magirawashii ne?

Himura
30-07-03, 16:33
Hey chelo!
==> look in his eyes and you´ll know the answer...
-If you want a relationship, if you want him to be your boyfriend, tell it to him and ask for it... GO FOR IT!!! :cool:
(...but this is always a risk, because you could destroy the company you´ve had...decide what you want.... :confused:.)

Rosie
01-08-03, 19:00
It could be both, dear chelo. But Himura has a point. If you are going to talk about it, think really carefully. There are risks involved.

jeisan
01-08-03, 20:13
i think you both already know that answer to that. you are in a relationship with him. neither of you know how or when but it just happened and it just is that way now. its a beautiful thing you have and even more so because its unspoken. theres no real need to put a label on it.

loving each other and enjoying each others company go hand in hand. i'd be hard pressed to love someone if i didnt enjoy hanging out with them all the time. but you can kiss him and see how that goes if you havent already, if you have and all that stuff i dont think theres any reason to worry about it.

Himura
02-08-03, 08:33
A friendship is wonderful... no doubt... but a real relationship can unite the positiv sites of both: friend and partner... and isn´t this real happyness? :confused: I don´t really know^^

Sgt. Wang
02-08-03, 21:44
I love because I'm completely and totally fallen in love. I've had many girlfriends, but I find that in the end it was just physical attraction. I just need someone that actually keeps their personality around me instead of trying to impress me the whole time. I've lost many attractions to people for them being superficial.

But I have a best friend that I kinda like. It's a bit odd, but she actually stays real with me. Very good friend. Maybe something more.............................................. .............

Himura
03-08-03, 08:33
...maybe? -you should, if you want, discover what´s up there ^^

Picardo
05-08-03, 17:41
i dont know about love eighter, i´m just a 17 year old guy (virgin) 18 this november.
i dont know if i´m "in love" with my girlfriend, but i certenly do like her a lot. some of the reasons are that she is kind and rather good looking, and she is a good kisser ;)

Himura
05-08-03, 17:47
well... if that is love? :confused:
but look into you, "listen to your heart" and you should know if you love her or not... :cool:

Rosie
05-08-03, 19:53
Dear Picardo,

based on your feelings toward your girlfriend, I don't think it's love. No, not entirely. You just like her, and you may grow to love her. Maturity is a factor here. In that case, carry on wth the kissing but that's all you should do. :atchoo:

Moonflower
07-08-03, 03:15
when you love someone, you accept everything about him/her...
I think it comes out of the blue most of the time...
if two people keep that feeling same time same way, they would be great together as bf/gf and the best friends...
I guess...

KoranRi
08-08-03, 09:21
it's very easy to mix up love with infatuation. I've done it myself. But each time you grow a little and are a little closer to finding *real* love. Just remember that. All I have to say.

maji
13-08-03, 11:13
hmmm right now i dont love someone as a partner. but ive few friends and some of them mean really a lot of me. most of them are good 10 years older (somehow i get along better with people who are older then me). we dont see each other daily but we know each other well. we phone often, visit at times, watch movies, she cooks mostly then and likes giving me lots of stuff for the flat me and friends live in (like tea and cooking-plates and whatever)... its just a relaxed and nice friendship.
but its not a material-based friendship, its jus that we know each other very well and like helping each other.
ah well... and i love my dog... but my dog lives at my family and i see it only once every half year and it seems to age far too fast. its now getting blind of age... :(

Chipi
19-08-03, 12:17
Originally posted by Moonflower
when you love someone, you accept everything about him/her...
I think it comes out of the blue most of the time...
if two people keep that feeling same time same way, they would be great together as bf/gf and the best friends...
I guess...

What about when people change, have new hobbies, interests etc. That´s what´s happening to me and my boyfriend, and I actually don´t know if the reasons we fell in love count anymore.Does anyone else have experiences of the same kind?

I don´t know if we´re together just because we´re used to beeing so, and because we´re remembering the wonderful times we´ve had before. We have totally different goals etc.He´s so into wrestling, sports etc, and it takes so much of his time...and I can´t stand it...And, I´m in love with Japan, and that´s something he doesn´t understand.
Ín a way I´m afraid to make an end to our relationship, because somehow I´m afraid for him...I don´t want to see him ending up alone...I´m so twisted ? ..:)

Sorry for this "psychological pouring", but I´d like to hear some opinions..

Himura
19-08-03, 15:41
beeing a bit different is good...beeing too different will probably not last for a long time... and I know, the worst is when someone can´t understand your interests.... @ Chipi

Rosie
19-08-03, 23:42
Think (only) about all the wonderful things about your guy, not the differences between you two, and all the problems will vanish (into the air)..poof! This may sound like loads of bull to you, dear Chipi. But believe me, I didn't cook this one up; it was told to me by a friend who has been married for a very, very long time. :note:

Dream Time
26-08-03, 16:34
I love somebody because I love somebody.

just that simple.

Navi
27-08-03, 00:24
most people start liking some1 becuz of attraction or some shallow reason ><

EscaFlowne
20-11-03, 16:39
My love for another is a deep connection that goes way beyond
material
sexual
need
want
type things.

:mad: I can't explain and its only happend twice......But for the moment due to problems [ with my "was" relationship ] i refuse to love!

"Love is blind
and no friend of mine"
-snoop dogg-

ooooo well might be off subject but sorry. meep!

Ronin
21-11-03, 02:58
There are different types of love.
That "in love" feeling that wears off after awhile is a chemical response ( How I miss those Chemicals) The love that I have for my wife is one based off a choice to love even when we don't feel like loving.

Mayura
21-11-03, 09:03
I'm not sure about this one... :confused:

I don't know whether I ever "loved" someone, maybe cared for that person a lot... :wave:

Gaki
23-11-03, 22:43
If i said "I love you" at this age i would be lying.

Chipi
23-11-03, 23:28
...have you guys ever experienced "love at first sight" ?...
I don´t mean just that you like someone´s good looks, but that you feel that somekind of strange and powerful feeling between the two of you.Do you believe in it?

I have...and once, very,very strongly. This person is one of the most important characters in my life, even though I wouldn´t want him to be that. I just can´t help it.. I fell completely in love with him for the first time I saw him, many years ago, and I still can´t forget him. Even though I try. It´s a sad part of my life, those few years I was really hooked up on him..

silver angel
24-11-03, 02:12
Love and like are always confused and in most cases in high school it means practically nothing. I see couples that 'love' each other but in truth they just want each other for compeletly different reasons. I'm only 16 and have never fallen in love. I have really liked some guys before, but I've never found the chance for real love. But from what my parents tell me, I have all the time in the world for that....I hope that they're right. Most guys I end up liking a lot usually ignore me and go for my friends...who I end up sacrificing my feeling for to hook them up. Oh well better luck next time sil chan! +_+.....

Himura
24-11-03, 19:23
falling in love and falling in love can be different... love is different each time you get it...

silver angel
24-11-03, 20:33
That's true for most cases.

Mr. Manji
24-11-03, 23:29
I love people because of the way that they make me feel.
(i would base it on physical features but im no prize pig myself :p lol j/k)

but seriously i dont see how you could love someone any other way, but that just my opinion.

||-KeviN-||
25-11-03, 01:39
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS.
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2343&perpage=25&pagenumber=27

Her name is Seline...
Nuffing to add :D

Mayura
27-11-03, 10:27
eto... that's good for you, Kevin! ^^ and also for Seline!

Neesh
29-11-03, 14:27
i voted "What is love?" why? because i've trying experiencing it with this 1 guy i liked in my sofomore year of high school, but instead had to be sooo picky and started hitting on other girls. today as i reply to this thread, this guy has been after me still. weird. and he's a bit shallow >< LOVE IS SOO CONFUSING>!! its just so hard to find the right person.

Michelle_Micky
30-11-03, 02:26
*shrugs* I can't tell yet. I refuse to have boyfriend and I'm immune to develop crushes on guys that aren't famous. Even then, it's not love, it's admiration. I can't tell yet. Maybe in a couple of years.

Neesh
30-11-03, 02:38
Originally posted by Michelle_Micky
*shrugs* I can't tell yet. I refuse to have boyfriend and I'm immune to develop crushes on guys that aren't famous. Even then, it's not love, it's admiration. I can't tell yet. Maybe in a couple of years. i use to feel like that. hmm i think the real definition of "boyfriend" is some1 you're really interested in at first, almost like a friend. then it moves on if the relationship is at a stable pace, it may move to many levels. im not sure if im making this really clear. -_-+ but its my definition of what a "BOYFRIEND" is :]

Michelle_Micky
30-11-03, 03:00
;) And thank you very much. Now if you could find some guys interested in me for more than test answers and my 'cute little body' as one guy put it, Then I will be very happy.

neptunemoon
30-11-03, 05:50
Hmm love. I've always wanted to be in love or should I say for me to love someone and they love me back. My exboyfriend I though I was in love with but I am still not sure. He was my first real boyfriend cuz he met my mom and we actually went out on dates. I never felt so comfortable physically with a guy. I have to admitt I never thought of him more than a friend even when we started going out. But then my feelings for him grew. He made me so happy and understood my crazy self. I was ready to lose my virginity to him. But along the way something went wrong which I still dont understand. We remain good friends but I miss him very much.

EscaFlowne
01-12-03, 16:59
Originally posted by Michelle_Micky
;) And thank you very much. Now if you could find some guys interested in me for more than test answers and my 'cute little body' as one guy put it, Then I will be very happy.

you'll find someone! show off thoses sketches and other lil artwork. brains is the first step and cute lil body is the bonus. Just have faith.:)

I can't really comment on love anymore. When your cute and people like you for your personality and what you trying to do out of life for all the wrong reasons. U find yourself "in love" with the "wrong ones..." then when things go wrong, your left with love so deep for someone who just wasn't real...

:( :wary:

Michelle_Micky
01-12-03, 22:54
:(( I'll try to avoid that. Thank you ^_^

EscaFlowne
01-12-03, 22:59
:p :wave:
no problem.:bluush:

neptunemoon
01-12-03, 23:19
love is when your addicted to someone well thats what my friend told me.

EscaFlowne
01-12-03, 23:20
boy i should have been in rehab then...

neptunemoon
01-12-03, 23:22
lol alot of people should be in rehab. Hi my name is neptune and I'm in love. (everyone) Hi neptune

EscaFlowne
01-12-03, 23:24
hi everyone my name is escaflowne

and i loved a lil cute something real real bad...

(everyone)awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww hi escaflowne [huggles]

Sakura
02-12-03, 00:55
"A field of flowers,
A moonlit night,
A Summer's kiss,
The stars so bright,
A howling dog,
A coo-ing dove,
A silent whisper,
Of our love,"

neptunemoon
02-12-03, 01:00
oh thats a great poem sakura

Sakura
02-12-03, 15:03
Thanks neptunemoon, :bluush:
but it's just simple, i wrote it 10 years ago.

Love can be like a double edged sword,

It makes you estatically happy :D :love:

But it can also make you depressed and lonely.(If your heart gets broken) :bawling:

EscaFlowne
02-12-03, 16:11
nice poem

-smiles-
*picks up broken pieces of heart*

Neesh
02-12-03, 21:54
Originally posted by neptunemoon
love is when your addicted to someone well thats what my friend told me. thats just an assumption.
assumption (noun) The act of taking possession or asserting a claim;)

Golgo_13
04-12-03, 03:45
Man said to God --- Why did you make women so beautiful?

God said to man --- So that you will love them.

Man said to God --- But why did you make them so dumb?

God said to man --- So that they will love you.

EscaFlowne
05-12-03, 18:19
lol

neptunemoon
05-12-03, 20:15
I like that alot golgo cause offends both sexes lol. But a good question is why are guys so dumb as to let a good girl go?

Mayura
06-12-03, 06:05
maybe because they see another?? ^^;

neptunemoon
06-12-03, 06:23
actually from what I've seen they pick a girl that is not even half as good as the other? I dont know

Mayura
06-12-03, 06:37
well... maybe they got "tiered" of the first one? ... how mean... v.v;

EscaFlowne
08-12-03, 16:05
I don't believe its being tired...
its more like a "want" from the other person....
Could be sexually
could be the way that person acts....
money
car
then again, it could be the guys an idiot.;)

kirei_na_me
08-12-03, 16:49
But girls do it too. I have known a lot of girls *coughmyselfincludedcough* who dump perfectly nice guys that treat them like gold for those bad boys...

EscaFlowne
08-12-03, 19:13
It happens....
though it shouldn't but sometimes its just toooo tempting to let one get away. Dumping those good guys....you girls should be ashamed yourself!:sorry: :D well..it happens

it just happens.;)

neptunemoon
09-12-03, 03:30
I have let guys go that were good to me but not because i found someone else and never for someone bad either

Neesh
09-12-03, 07:16
Then that means your the really good type of girlfriend for guys, absolutely, neptunemoon! I look up to that. hmm i really need a bf badly. -_-" But I can wait ^_^

Mayura
09-12-03, 12:52
nah, I don't NEED one... I'm too busy anyway.. ^^;

oh, now that I think of it, maybe they (both guys and girls) sometimes leave that person, though he/she's good, because they think that person is too busy, and doesn't care about them..

jeisan
09-12-03, 12:57
im never too busy for love

Mayura
09-12-03, 13:02
well it depends n who it is, doesn't it?

jeisan
09-12-03, 13:16
if i have a girlfriend then i always make time for her

EscaFlowne
09-12-03, 17:08
If you love that person then of course you make time.
And your lady comes first because with her happiness comes
your happiness as well.:bluush: yesh...

I need to find a new lady. Single life is getting boring.:D

neptunemoon
10-12-03, 02:29
I can be so busy when I date someone yet i still make time for my studies. I get even better grades when I date someone. I would do papers and projects while on the phone with my bf even take them to the museum.

jeisan
10-12-03, 02:33
Originally posted by EscaFlowne
I need to find a new lady. Single life is getting boring.:D
*points at neptunemoon*

*whistles innocently*

suzu
10-12-03, 05:47
I know nothing of love, sometimes I think I do but then i tell myself that I'm too young to know anything.I have had several b/f's and there was one I thought I really loved, but I found I really didn't. It became espically clear when he dumped me for a whore. I have a complicated love life *sigh* I always make the wrong descions.

Eve
10-12-03, 06:13
Well, i used to really liked this girl but she used me for my money. Then i moved far away from my old place. And then when i was in my new school i saw this girl and i fell for her..Dont know why, maybe its love or maybe its something else. We'll only know what is it when we experienced love with somebody we liked.

EscaFlowne
10-12-03, 16:32
Originally posted by jeisan
*points at neptunemoon*

*whistles innocently*

[winks eyes at jeiesan and mouths "gotcha!"]

So moon, you said museums that would be cool to go to. And you call bf on the phone:bluush: boy i wish my phone would ring

[stares at phone.....]

Eve::i feel bad that that happend to you, the girl using you and all, and its true what you said last;)

Himura
10-12-03, 16:47
yes... the love... can´t decided between liking it or banning it from the list of my possible feelings...lol
-I don´t care about the problems love can cause... There´s only a single question on my mind...: Why is it so difficult to find the right one? There are so many wonderful girls on this planet... Which one is the one to fall in love with?...hmmm...
The worst thing in love I guess is, if your partner doesn´t love you like you love him...
Well, please excuse this spilling of my heart...

jovial_jon
10-12-03, 16:54
i think its nice that no one has picked option number 2 (the house, car...etc)

Himura
10-12-03, 16:56
Probably...but I´ve made this option just for fun...
But there are enough people outa there doing this...

kirei_na_me
10-12-03, 16:57
I think the girl who gets you will be very lucky, Himura! ;)

EscaFlowne
10-12-03, 16:58
Originally posted by Himura
yes... the love... can´t decided between liking it or banning it from the list of my possible feelings...lol
-I don´t care about the problems love can cause... There´s only a single question on my mind...: Why is it so difficult to find the right one? There are so many wonderful girls on this planet... Which one is the one to fall in love with?...hmmm...
The worst thing in love I guess is, if your partner doesn´t love you like you love him...
Well, please excuse this spilling of my heart...

-puts a cup to catch spillage......of heart....-
the worst thin in love is your partner not loving you like they love you.

-That will sitin your mind like a thosand nails just poking at you....walksaway..-

Himura
10-12-03, 17:01
-Thank you, kirei na me.
True, Escaflowne, true...

EscaFlowne
10-12-03, 17:04
[mind is still being poked....not so severly though...once i get moon....poke free i will be!]

thanks.;)

neptunemoon
10-12-03, 18:03
lol whats with will all the pointing, whisteling, and winking guys? It's trues there are so many people out there you wonder which one is the right and if there is that some one special just for you. Someone you will follow for the rest of your life with no doubts. Oh I used to hate waiting by the telephone for a call its sooo agitating.

EscaFlowne
10-12-03, 21:36
:relief:
it was a lil side joke talking me calling you cuz you said you talk to your bf while you do work....
:relief: oi.....

;)

Eve
11-12-03, 04:03
lol

neptunemoon
11-12-03, 20:32
I know i was playing along too as if i didnt know

EscaFlowne
11-12-03, 21:07
:p

oi......:bluush:

Mayura
12-12-03, 12:36
hehe... but I wouldn't want to neglect schoolwork because of this.. ^^;

neptunemoon
12-12-03, 20:20
Never would ah to be in love

Eve
13-12-03, 02:16
we all need love or else we r screwed in the head

Himura
13-12-03, 08:33
maybe...probably...huh? ah...I´m getting weird...please shoot me *or date me^^* ....shooting me might be the faster way...

Mayura
13-12-03, 09:19
eto... ok.. ^^ *shoots Himura*
I'm just shooting, since you asked for it... ^^

Eve
13-12-03, 13:02
lol

Himura
14-12-03, 00:48
*ouch... (wasn´t really meant like that...*patches his wound* )

(-if I ever plan to commit suicide I´ll call you...)

neptunemoon
16-12-03, 06:50
the reason i havnt been around is cuz i have a new boyfriend so I'm really happy,

jeisan
16-12-03, 12:48
that kid from school?

Sakura
16-12-03, 16:01
Good for you Neptunemoon! :clap: Congrats! I'm glad you have found someone to love, I just hope I can be next, (^_~) :rose:

EscaFlowne
16-12-03, 17:06
:shock: :p :bawling:

[Dies...]

Porl
16-12-03, 17:44
I voted "The lovely kind character, he/she makes me smile" ..cus thats what i look for. The girl i was seeing until last month (who has gone to japan) fits in that catagory bang on! she makes me laugh, ace fun to be with, beatiful and i miss her alot...anyway..haha

theres my vote.:blush:

Porl''

Himura
16-12-03, 18:23
Porl, I exactly know what you mean!!

neptunemoon
17-12-03, 02:54
thanks but i'm not in love yet. It's not the kid from school that would have been cool. When I went to play paintball he is my coworkers bestfriend. So we met cuz if paintball and from there I kind of made the first move and it worked out yay. Esca you will always have a place in my heart im not gonna forget bout you *hugs*

EscaFlowne
17-12-03, 17:36
[wakes a little........DIes again...]

:p

Himura
17-12-03, 23:57
*everyone has forgotten about himura* hmmm.... *grrrrr*

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 01:21
*Steps out of the shadows*
Gives Himura a hug and belive me we havent forgetton you buddy.

Himura
18-12-03, 01:26
If I could cry I would do now... thanx... (mhhh what´s with the girls^^) ^_^

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 01:36
I think since ther are alot of new things in ther life we are not important anymore :wary:

Himura
18-12-03, 01:39
*gets out huge can of sake* -wanna have a (few) drink(s) with me, Hidden Wisdom?

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 01:45
*grabs the cup*
I will be honored to drink with you Himura,Thank you for the sake
:beer:

Himura
18-12-03, 01:52
Honor is on my side...*puts the can on a fire to warm it up*

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 01:56
How many steps has it taken you to get here Himura?
*Drinks away*

Himura
18-12-03, 02:03
a few, I guess *keeps on drinking*

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 02:06
*smiles*
Just wonders if anyones counts!!

But i would like to say im glad we are drinking so we can get to know each other,so what made you want you join this forum?

Himura
18-12-03, 02:11
I joined because...well...I coincidently found a forum about Japan... and I liked it a lot^^ *drinks* -you?

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 02:18
Well i have been trying to look for a japan forum cotaining many different options and i fell into this forum and i liked it and joined.

I was wondering do you knwo anyone who can make me a sig?

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 02:18
*Drinks*

I was wondering if you have more saka cause it looks like we ran out:shock:

Himura
18-12-03, 02:24
Sig? what´s this? signature?

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 02:29
Well its like a banner but you put it under your post,You can creat pics and stuff liek that and put them together to make a nifty desgin banner

Go to your options and it shows Sig.

Himura
18-12-03, 02:41
I know, a signature, as I mentioned before... *pulls out a second huge can - hehe* -you can edit your sig by yourself if you mean the Jref-sig... or for what is it?

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 02:48
O,I have been just looking for someone to make me a banner but i havent had the luck

*looks at the bottle and is shocked*

Himura
18-12-03, 02:54
shocked? why that...?

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 03:03
Cause we have plenty more to drink and the night is still young

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 03:05
Hey since we are talking about saka
i was wondering if in real life is it expensive and am i able to buy it onlline?

Himura
18-12-03, 03:12
there are different classes of sake, cheap sake... and "you´re kidding, right? do you really expect me to pay that???"-sake... and yes, you can get everything via inet...

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 03:16
Im guessing the expensive sake is greater then the cheap kind of course???

I guess i will look around now looking for my needs:ranmi:

Himura
18-12-03, 03:22
I´ve never tried the expensive one...

Hidden_Wisdom
18-12-03, 03:31
Well i went to Sake.com and i think i might wanna order from them and try it out.I hope it comes out to be worth it.Thx.

Wow,I dont liek the forums when it isnt realy active,i feel as if its only you and me

Himura
19-12-03, 01:59
True... everyones gone... *drinks and drinks and d....*

Hidden_Wisdom
19-12-03, 02:04
I wonder if it cause of me that noone is ever online when i get in the forum.Well that is how i feel.

neptunemoon
19-12-03, 02:27
*comes up behind himura and gives a big hug* here's a rose for you :rose: :love: and one for esca too :rose: :love:

Mayura
19-12-03, 09:56
ah.. then I'm sorry, Himura... *sends Himura to hospotal* somehow I have the feeling that you're already alright... ^^;

Himura
19-12-03, 14:49
Awww.... too cute Neptunemoon! *Thanxxx!!*

EscaFlowne
19-12-03, 17:28
thanks moon

MAyura came back!!!!
:wave:

so this sake...may i have a drink!:bluush:

Zero-sen
19-12-03, 17:39
For me it's because she was always there when i needed someone and vice versa. It's the age old tale of friends who end up in love. We were friends for about three years and for the past six months we've been engaged.

Hachiko
05-03-04, 19:50
I love people because they show compassion, that they are sympathetic, and that they are a carbon copy of me, but in the significant other. It's not just about the looks, it's about the character, as well, most definitely.

Winter
05-03-04, 20:46
Odd...I dont remember seeing this post, but its got 7 frelling pages already....hmph.

Well love is a many confusing thing. Impulse to promote the reproductive process, and exceed in evolution; or something more spiritual?

Personally, I've lived life in a sick fashion, dispelling any manner of love that came my way. But as of late, thats changed.

I am completely in love with this girl now, and the reasons why are A) too many to list and B) impossible to convey through words. I think the thing I can say though, is we both have this uncanny connection that I've never had with anyone else before, and nor as she. We understand each other unusually intimately, and normally that would upset me, but in this case it really comforts me.

This relationship, while in many aspects confusing, and restricting in many sense, is still indefinately gratifying, fullfilling, and just plain loving. Cant beat that, you really cant.

Winter
05-03-04, 20:47
Oh, and she has the most amazing eyes I've ever lost myself in. Simply compelling...

howabe
05-03-04, 22:34
The fact that they let me hit it....

howabe
05-03-04, 22:34
NB. That post wasn't serious.

Eternal Wind
05-03-04, 23:01
well,for me,I would just want to have a lovely wife who cares for everyone :)

Mayura
06-03-04, 11:17
hahaha...
anyway, hope you'll all find somebosy like that someday!! ^^;

Eternal Wind
06-03-04, 11:20
hohoho~we'll see!
:D:D:D

Kama
16-03-04, 11:30
I've heard somewhere when you can tell exactly why you love somebody, it isn't really love. I agree with this... I can't tell why I love that person... Just because this person is this person. I love everything about my sweetheart. That's all. I've checked other.

neptunemoon
16-03-04, 23:20
I love my baby. He understands me and he is just like me. He's the person I have been looking for. I cant imagine being with anyone else. I can tell him anything. I am so comfortable with him and want to share every part of me with him for the rest of my life.

Mayura
25-03-04, 13:32
just like you... no way... I can't stand ppl who are just like ME... ^^; oh well, dunno...

EscaFlowne
25-03-04, 14:56
I believe the real love is just like you yet not like you. Its a weird expression, it's kinda like saying "Like two magnets-Opposites attract." your the same yet different.

Frank D. White
25-03-04, 18:18
I love my baby. He understands me and he is just like me. He's the person I have been looking for. I cant imagine being with anyone else. I can tell him anything. I am so comfortable with him and want to share every part of me with him for the rest of my life.

HER man, even if just for 24 hours!!!!!

Frank

:blush:

Buddha Smoker
12-06-04, 15:34
I love my wife and I feel that she is my other half. Every day that we have been together for the last ten years has been the best thing ever and continues to be and will be long after we are gone. :cute:

Brooker
13-06-04, 00:03
- Sweet

- Intelligent

- Adventurous

reicheru
29-06-04, 17:27
eh, I don't even know what love is anymore. Too many times I thought I was in love only to find that I wasn't. I wonder if the idea of love wasn't played up and sought after and idealized in society today, if people would even 'fall in love" anymore. I wonder if it is just for the most part, a man made thing, along with romance.
I think if the ideals and love stories, models and icons were gone, we'd live life happier and less worried about everything, until the right person came along for each of us.

It is just too cumbersome.

Frank D. White
30-06-04, 00:02
JUNE 30th !!!! The woman deserves a medal ! She has put up with me for " 27 " YEARS of marriage! What a wife !

Frank

Buddha Smoker
30-06-04, 01:42
JUNE 30th !!!! The woman deserves a medal ! She has put up with me for " 27 " YEARS of marriage! What a wife !

Frank

Hey Congratulations, I can't wait to say the same thing about my wife..LOL :D I'm impressed that mine has put up with my for almost 10 years.

RockLee
30-06-04, 01:54
When the girl I kiss makes my heart go faster than a shinkansen I know I love that girl...

When you have met a person and you start to like that person very much and can't wait to see him/her...and can talk to him/her like he/she lives 2 blocks away, but in fact lives on the other side of the world...can it be love also??

Arekkusu
03-07-04, 14:27
I must admit I have yet to know what this feeling of "love" is.
Sadly at 17 I have yet to even get close.
Oh well.

Buddha Smoker
03-07-04, 14:33
I must admit I have yet to know what this feeling of "love" is.
Sadly at 17 I have yet to even get close.
Oh well.

But you still got time..don't worry, love will find you. That's how my wife and I met.

Arekkusu
03-07-04, 19:18
I'm not making it a big deal.
Only real important thing right now is my art carrer so..

misa.j
03-07-04, 19:46

Frank

Congratulations!!! Wow, 27 yrs huh! Was it like riding a roller coaster or climbing a mountain with your wife?

People in a relationship make me smile.

Frank D. White
04-07-04, 01:49
Congratulations!!! Wow, 27 yrs huh! Was it like riding a roller coaster or climbing a mountain with your wife?

People in a relationship make me smile.

it's kinda like a looong flat road that seems to go on for ever. We have a little red wagon that we make our way along to the end of the raod in the far distance. One of us will ride in the wagon while the other pulls and then we swap while the other pulls. To make it way to the end of that oh so long road, you have to both share the load!

Frank

Buddha Smoker
04-07-04, 02:42
it's kinda like a looong flat road that seems to go on for ever. We have a little red wagon that we make our way along to the end of the raod in the far distance. One of us will ride in the wagon while the other pulls and then we swap while the other pulls. To make it way to the end of that oh so long road, you have to both share the load!

Frank

Thats an excellant way to put it and sometimes you both have to get out and push up a hill together and sometimes you both get to ride together enjoying the downhill coast. :bravo: I just have to wait another 17 years to be that far down the road. Also, now matter what it is an excellant journey and fun every bit of it.

misa.j
04-07-04, 05:35
Yes, indeed. Time you share with someone you love is so precious, and nothing is better than that.

Mayura
16-07-04, 17:45
Well... agree with you, esca... ^^ it's true too, if that person doesn't like anything I like,m I don't think I'd like that person... =.=;

misa.j - yeah, I suppose... ^^;

Xkavar
18-08-04, 01:55
Posted by Rosie
I lost him five years ago, but I still love him very much till this very day. I'm currently looking for him. Wish me luck!

Good luck! :)

The lovely kind character, he/she makes me smile ...

She was dignity personified. She had an air of grace in every action. Sitting, waving her arms, dancing. It was in her strands of hair, in the hollow spaces of her eyes in front of the television, in her fingers stirfrying vegetables.

The House, the yacht, the cars and the money - that´s all!

She was living at home. She and her mom also had an apartment, in case of emergencies. One offered me a respite from my own home, a haven from all the trouble that was brewing at college and all the flack I was catching. The other gave us privacy. Believe me, I understand the value of that particular commodity well now.

Her HUGE BREASTS/ His huge Co..!!!

Put simply, they were big enough for me and I said as much to her, which made her smile. She was proud of my... size... and said so one day, though I'm not entirely sure she was serious. So we complimented each other.

I don't really love him/her... I simply don't want to be lonely....

We met over Yahoo Chat. It was because I was suffering rejection over a previous woman that I dared to throw caution to the wind and meet my ex on a very rainy school night. Obviously things could have gone very wrong, but I was sobbing in the shower, convinced no woman would ever love or even like me, and contemplating suicide a month before. Essentially, It was do or die. I will never regret my decision.

What is love ?

Be my lover and I'll show you the meaning of being lonely.

Other, don't know, don't care

First week, it was because I didn't want to be lonely, so I seduced her into seeing me again. Second week it was because my friends found out and I was just getting into the joys of sex. Third week it was because my life was the same, with the addition of a girlfriend. Nothing magical, nothing earth-shaking. If anything I became more grounded. Life felt like it had more weight then, and now.

Years later, of course, I love her.

60Yen
18-08-04, 14:23
Hmm, because the person you love is fun to be with...

blessed
24-08-04, 18:48
umm, you love because you can love and because you are human.

Budderfly
24-08-04, 23:51
I love my boyfriend not just for who he is, but how he makes me feel when I am with him.

WyteAnjal
25-08-04, 02:03
I believe love is someone you can TRUST. Someone who will tell you their secrets and you can tell yours too. Someone you can feel comfortable with in any circumstance. Someone you can laugh and cry with. That is true real love.

Mimmy_08
25-08-04, 06:29
I believe love is someone you can TRUST. Someone who will tell you their secrets and you can tell yours too. Someone you can feel comfortable with in any circumstance. Someone you can laugh and cry with. That is true real love.

Yes thats right.. :wave:

dreamer
25-08-04, 13:31
I think the loved one is someone you don't want to separate from, someone who you can show your true self to, without hesitation, and someone who can understand you and whom you can understand everything, just as if your minds were connected ^^

Camui
09-01-05, 06:19
there are different reasons for liking people and sometimesits hard to figure out why you feel that way exactly..for me I just like their personality, the was the are and how they act..the way they smile and the things they say..I always notice things about the person I love that no one else notices..I just always wanna be around and wish I knew what they were thinking at times..its a strange and overpowering feeling...*thinks*

Suki-Yaki
09-01-05, 16:10
there are different reasons for liking people and sometimesits hard to figure out why you feel that way exactly..for me I just like their personality, the was the are and how they act..the way they smile and the things they say..I always notice things about the person I love that no one else notices..I just always wanna be around and wish I knew what they were thinking at times..its a strange and overpowering feeling...*thinks*

Oh my god Camui , we are so alike ..

I figured out his favourite colour , without him telling me :bluush: !

I can notice many things about him , like what bothers him or what he likes.I know the times he comes back and goes out. And I know when he is going out for supper , or just out with his friends, without him saying a word.

So I think , it's all about how we react to it . Becuase it's all inside each one's heart rather in the other person. That's why you can't love somebody for one specific reason , I think .

I love his smile it looks like a bunny's! :51: :51: :51:

Camui
10-01-05, 06:15
I totally know what you mean...I always notice when he's wearing clothes I haven't seen before..if he got a haircut...if his hairs wet...whenever he talks at himself during class and how concetrated he becomes on what we're learning about in class..sometimes I think its strange I end up noticing such simple things, but I guess that's how I know I love him..I laugh at myself whenever I realize how much I know about him...although we don't talk much cuz he's the shy, quiet type...lol

InnerVision
14-06-05, 17:58
I can notice many things about him , like what bothers him or what he likes.I know the times he comes back and goes out. And I know when he is going out for supper , or just out with his friends, without him saying a word.

&

I always notice when he's wearing clothes I haven't seen before..if he got a haircut...if his hairs wet...whenever he talks at himself during class and how concetrated he becomes on what we're learning about in class..sometimes I think its strange I end up noticing such simple things,

Ah ..!Those poor guys are Under constant Screening .Doesn't it feel like a Global Positioning Satellite watching over them ...???
http://www.boeing.com/news/feature/aa2004/ids_images/AirForceSystems/images/Global-Positioning-System_2.jpg Source :http://www.boeing.com/

:D

OK OK ... I'm envious of them ... then What ... ?? :angry: :D

Why do you love somebody???

I'm Incomplete. <<< driving force to complete myself. :-)

Dutch Baka
14-06-05, 18:58
i love my fiance because she is the only one who can make me trully happy, and give me so much love back.. and let something grow... more then other woman does :relief:

LeBrok
19-01-11, 05:55
That's a heck of a conundrum of nature. Why women love differently than men?
For the things you listed you can only have a gay loving you. :)
Which is fine with me.
For man's love women have to let them be, live, breath. Be there when we need you, be somewhere else if we are with our bodies. Understand our weaknesses, cook well, bring home money, take care of kids, be always ready in bed, .....rest we can manage. For this we will be your slaves, husbands, lovers, best friend, handy man, and give you all our compassion,... I guess it must be love. :)

Reinaert
19-01-11, 21:44
Hmm.. Love is just an illusion. A girl can smile at a boy, and the boy is bewitched at once.
I am a grandfather, and I know it all. A man is simply following his dick.
A woman with your kids simply needs a steady relation, a nice income, a house, things like that. They cook very good food to make you fat and unattractive to other women.
They just don't want you to walk away.
That's why they sometimes offer sex to let you stay at home.
Men are exploited by women in a gross way..
But men are told a lie they govern the world..:angry:

Carlitos
19-01-11, 23:13
I can not love.

Dorianfinder
15-08-11, 13:43
Hmm.. Love is just an illusion. A girl can smile at a boy, and the boy is bewitched at once.
I am a grandfather, and I know it all. A man is simply following his dick.
A woman with your kids simply needs a steady relation, a nice income, a house, things like that. They cook very good food to make you fat and unattractive to other women.
They just don't want you to walk away.
That's why they sometimes offer sex to let you stay at home.
Men are exploited by women in a gross way..
But men are told a lie they govern the world..:angry:

Sure, if you cannot express yourself and cannot find anything else worth doing with your partner other than a quickie! As a grandfather it's probably very quick. How very sad!

Dorianfinder
15-08-11, 13:50
I can not love.

Don't worry about it, love cannot be forced. You may need to accept certain things about yourself first for you to be able to enjoy the company of another without feeling insecure or being insensitive.

Reinaert
17-08-11, 18:38
Sure, if you cannot express yourself and cannot find anything else worth doing with your partner other than a quickie! As a grandfather it's probably very quick. How very sad!

Haha.. Wisdom comes with the years. :laughing:
And no.. Grandfathers don't have sex.
Grandfathers are nearly God for the grandchildren.
And God doesn't have sex.
He's playing with trains or something like that.
Sometimes He lets a vulcano blow up.
Or creates an earthquake.

The only people God cannot understand is women.
And so, God doesn't understand what love is.

Like He says... You have to love yourself, before you can love another person.

I don't love myself. I hate the day I was born.
That's not sad, it's a fact.

God doesn't exist, and love neither.
I have learned that humans have only very negative reasons to live.

Jealousy, greed, violence, power, hate, whatever.

When you have money, people respect you, and love you.
If you lose your job, and become poor, you are ready for the garbage can.

Love? Forget about it!

BTW.. I had a down experience many years ago, but now I am a rather wealthy grandfather.
That's why I can tell about it.

Love is a battlefield.
As said.

Mzungu mchagga
17-08-11, 19:40
^^
???
But you surely love your wife, children and grandchildren!

Dorianfinder
17-08-11, 20:02
Haha.. Wisdom comes with the years. :laughing:
And no.. Grandfathers don't have sex.
Grandfathers are nearly God for the grandchildren.
And God doesn't have sex.
He's playing with trains or something like that.
Sometimes He lets a vulcano blow up.
Or creates an earthquake.

The only people God cannot understand is women.
And so, God doesn't understand what love is.

Like He says... You have to love yourself, before you can love another person.

I don't love myself. I hate the day I was born.
That's not sad, it's a fact.

God doesn't exist, and love neither.
I have learned that humans have only very negative reasons to live.

Jealousy, greed, violence, power, hate, whatever.

When you have money, people respect you, and love you.
If you lose your job, and become poor, you are ready for the garbage can.

Love? Forget about it!

BTW.. I had a down experience many years ago, but now I am a rather wealthy grandfather.
That's why I can tell about it.

Love is a battlefield.
As said.

At least you've got alcohol right? or is it porn? Do you fight with your willy, has it stopped working yet?

Reinaert
17-08-11, 21:30
@Dorian You seem to lack humor..

Reinaert
17-08-11, 21:34
^^
???
But you surely love your wife, children and grandchildren!

Of course.. I was just speaking in general..
Man has two main directions.
The knowing and the feeling.
The feeling makes a man a dad.
The knowing says he's an idiot.

Nothing wrong with that.

Dorianfinder
17-08-11, 21:50
@Dorian You seem to lack humor..

Humor tends to have a bite to it, especially when it hits a sore spot.

Dorianfinder
17-08-11, 21:56
Of course.. I was just speaking in general..
Man has two main directions.
The knowing and the feeling.
The feeling makes a man a dad.
The knowing says he's an idiot.

Nothing wrong with that.

You could add another besides knowing and feeling as you put it. The doing! Behavior plays an important part in how you feel and what you know. The problem comes in when our behavior doesn't express our feelings for the people we love. Then you become cynical and bitter because it's easier than listening and changing ones behavior. Something like that!

Reinaert
18-08-11, 23:54
Humor tends to have a bite to it, especially when it hits a sore spot.

Haha..

Looking into a mirror?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p-NIAZ_Adk&feature=related

Max
12-12-11, 19:53
I think the option ''Her HUGE BREASTS/ His huge Co..!!!'' has more to do with lust than anything else? :P

Raiden
12-12-11, 23:03
How about for how someone makes you feel as a person? For me it's the way she makes me want to be more than I am, to be good enough for her.

LeBrok
17-12-11, 19:33
For me it's the way she makes me want to be more than I am, to be good enough for her.

:shocked:, RUN

Riccardo
02-04-12, 16:57
There is someone that questions the possibility of falling in love? I mean, is it true and possible to love someone else?

LeBrok
11-04-12, 15:48
I can attest to it.

Nugget
12-04-12, 02:52
He makes my heart sing, my soul rejoice and my mind soar. I'm not trying to sound cliche, but he completes me. All of the bits, pieces and nuances I need to feel whole, he provides. I don't just love him with my heart, I love him with every bit of energy of which I am made.

Twilight
02-10-13, 01:42
I think girls are easier to get along with, the downside is every body keeps on hitting on me >\\~\\<

FBS
04-10-13, 17:06
I would add more options...such: Because makes me realize who I really am; Reflects back on me; Helps me understand my good side and bad side....stuff like that.

What is love? Why do we fall in love, it is actually when we become aware of ourselves and we love ourselves. When we hate/dislike or are dissatisfied with ourselves we cannot give love/love somebody.

LeBrok
06-03-14, 17:47
Because you get comfortable with them and start caring about them .
Do you mean like in arranged marriage?

Angela
08-03-14, 19:30
Does no one believe in love at first sight anymore? The colpo di fulmine...the strike of a bolt of lightening which is inexplicable? Is that possible only in a simpler world?

I'm with Pascal on this one: The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing.

Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVNhEe1z5KA

roseroser
08-08-14, 14:39
fall in love without reason ;)

LeBrok
08-08-14, 16:44
fall in love without reason ;)
Falling in love is how nature is pushing us to have children.

-RIFFIAN-
11-08-14, 02:14
Falling in love is how nature is pushing us to have children.

The love and the fall in love exists, but unfortunately in most of the time of the one part, love is rarely shared, mutual.

John Doe
11-08-14, 08:04
That leads me to think how we humans try to make laws that make rape wrong and we teach our children that rape is wrong, while I agree with that, you can see in nature that when a male lion feels like passing on his genes, he doesn't ask the lioness, he just jumps on her back and inserts his tool. :-P

kamani
11-08-14, 15:05
you can see in nature that when a male lion feels like passing on his genes, he doesn't ask the lioness, he just jumps on her back and inserts his tool. :-P

that happens after he has killed or chased away all the "single" males, so it is a de-facto marriage in the lion world, because she has none else available. If a male outside of their group tried that, it would be considered "rape" and he would be attacked, although his physical action is identical to the dominant male of the group.

Angela
01-11-14, 20:00
I don't think you can equate love with lust or the urge to procreate, not even when you're talking about men.http://cdn.eupedia.com/forum/images/smilies/main/smile.gif

It's not just this:
"Come live with me and be my Love,
And we will all the pleasures prove
That hills and valleys, dale and field,
And all the craggy mountains yeild.

It's also this...

"We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only though our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone." Orson Welles

"Love is when he gives you a piece of your soul, that you never knew was missing". Torquato Tasso.

So real love looks like this: Sonnet 116-William Shakespeare

Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments.
Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds,
or bends with the remover to remove:
Oh, no! It is an ever-fixed mark.
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
it is the star to every wandering bark,
whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool,
though rosy lips and cheeks within his bending sickle's compass come;
love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
but bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved

When the Beloved is in danger of death, this is what it feels like-John Donne, "Fever" upon the instance of his wife's illness:

Oh do not die, for I shall hate
All women so, when thou art gone,
That thee I shall not celebrate,
When I remember, thou wast one.
But yet thou canst not die, I know;
To leave this world behind, is death,
But when thou from this world wilt go,
The whole world vapours with thy breath.

Or if, when thou, the world’s soul, go`st,
It stay, ’tis but thy carcase then,
The fairest woman, but thy ghost,
But corrupt worms, the worthiest men.

Oh wrangling schools, that search what fire
Shall burn this world, had none the wit
Unto this knowledge to aspire,
That this her fever might be it ?

And yet she cannot waste by this,
Nor long bear this torturing wrong,
For much corruption needful is
To fuel such a fever long.

These burning fits but meteors be,
Whose matter in thee is soon spent.
Thy beauty, and all parts, which are thee,
Are unchangeable firmament.

Yet ’twas of my mind, seizing thee,
Though it in thee cannot persever.
For I had rather owner be
Of thee one hour, than all else ever.

Aberdeen
01-11-14, 20:35
Very good, Angela - I think poetry can speak more clearly than prose when it comes to talking about something like love. But I would say that it's a combination of physical attraction and emotional attraction. IMO, there are some people who we find to be much more physically attractive than others and there are some people whose personalites we find to be much more likeable than others, and when those two things combine we "fall in love". That happened to me a couple of times when I was too young to marry. Of all the girls I dated, there were only two that I might have married if I had been ready to marry, because I was just as fascinated with their personalities as I was with their bodies. And it was the same when I met my ex-wife. There was an instant mutual attraction and curiosity. It took us a while to actually get together because our personalities clashed in some important ways, and we eventually separated, but she was one of the few people I've known who never made me feel bored.

Angela
01-11-14, 23:52
Very good, Angela - I think poetry can speak more clearly than prose when it comes to talking about something like love. But I would say that it's a combination of physical attraction and emotional attraction. IMO, there are some people who we find to be much more physically attractive than others and there are some people whose personalites we find to be much more likeable than others, and when those two things combine we "fall in love". That happened to me a couple of times when I was too young to marry. Of all the girls I dated, there were only two that I might have married if I had been ready to marry, because I was just as fascinated with their personalities as I was with their bodies. And it was the same when I met my ex-wife. There was an instant mutual attraction and curiosity. It took us a while to actually get together because our personalities clashed in some important ways, and we eventually separated, but she was one of the few people I've known who never made me feel bored.

Ah well, I never meant to deny the role of the senses. :)

Speaking of poets, if one is looking for a poet who celebrates the carnal in love, one can't go wrong with Pablo Neruda. This could have been written by a woman as well as a man.

“I crave your mouth, your voice, your hair.
Silent and starving, I prowl through the streets.
Bread does not nourish me, dawn disrupts me, all day
I hunt for the liquid measure of your steps.

I hunger for your sleek laugh,
your hands the color of a savage harvest,
hunger for the pale stones of your fingernails,
I want to eat your skin like a whole almond.

and I pace around hungry, sniffing the twilight,
hunting for you, for your hot heart,
Like a puma in the barrens of Quitratue.”

Marvelous, wasn't he? He must have been a force of nature. He was also blessed in his translator. :)

For some demanding types, intellect, wit, humor, an interesting turn of mind, integrity, a capacity for kindness and compassion, a sense of the "otherness" in life, are all necessary for physical infatuation to deepen into love. (Or perhaps they just think that they are and find them even if they're not there? :))

In fact, Mr. Darcy about sums it up, I think:
"I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. " Now, what woman could resist this? Even if it came from a stiff, pompous, and usually undemonstrative man? :)

(Boredom is, I agree, the absolute enemy of love. I also agree with Elizabeth Bennett, now that I have Pride and Prejudice on my mind, that while a strong, stout love might survive it, a poor sonnet will kill a vague inclination stone dead! Therefore, a posy of flowers with a handwritten copy of a great poet's verse is a much better idea. )

For others though, their choice of a "Beloved" is as much a mystery to them as it is to observers. (One of my favorite lines from the movie "Shakespeare in Love" is the often repeated answer given by the impresario to explain why things will turn out all right, "I don't know...it's a mystery."

Emily Dickenson:
"Why Do I Love Thee, Sir?
Because—

The Wind does not require the Grass
To answer—Wherefore when He pass
She cannot keep Her place.

Because He knows—and
Do not You—
And We know not—
Enough for Us
The Wisdom it be so—

The Lightning—never asked an Eye
Wherefore it shut—when He was by—
Because He knows it cannot speak—
And reasons not contained—
—Of Talk—
There be—preferred by Daintier Folk—

The Sunrise—Sire—compelleth Me—
Because He's Sunrise—and I see—
Therefore—Then—
I love Thee—

Or, Neruda again..

"I do not love you except because I love you;
I go from loving to not loving you,
From waiting to not waiting for you
My heart moves from cold to fire.

I love you only because it's you the one I love;
I hate you deeply, and hating you
Bend to you, and the measure of my changing love for you
Is that I do not see you but love you blindly.

Maybe January light will consume
My heart with its cruel
Ray, stealing my key to true calm.

In this part of the story I am the one who
Dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you,
Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood"

Anyway, I think this is "love" for some people:

"I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way than this:

where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep."

kamani
04-11-14, 07:00
I believe every normal person has experienced some form of attraction that goes beyond the common physical infatuation, and this is called "love". The nature of it is probably different for men and women, based on how they describe it. However, it is way more physical than people make it to be. It still depends very strongly on looks. The looks are not necessarily the big "stuff", or age, but just a certain combination of features that are almost universally found attractive. When a man is under this spell, he does not see any other women particularly attractive besides "the one". However the spell lasts only a few days or weeks if it gets no reinforcement, even with reinforcement it rarely goes beyond 2 years, according to studies on marriage. Which is in quite a contradiction with the populist belief of eternal marriage and love, beefed up by countless movies targeting certain types of women. In a way, man is prisoner of the idea of "eternal love", he knows it is not "forever" (unless he is stupid), but can't openly deny it without giving the impression of someone that is going to "leave".