Any full genome study or any sort of study on pre exile Jews?

John Doe

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Ashkenazi Jewish
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-PF1975
mtDNA haplogroup
K1a9
I was wondering if such a study exists, and what are the results in comparison to modern Jewish populations.

Luke the Evangelist got weak mtDNA results(HV1+2, something like that) and it's not totally clear what haplogroup he belonged to. Maybe they'll test his genome or whatever. I would imagine that Samartians or any modern population around ancient Israel known to have little-no Arab admixture should be a decent proxy for pre exile Jews.

Luke the Evangelist got weak mtDNA results(HV1+2, something like that) and it's not totally clear what haplogroup he belonged to. Maybe they'll test his genome or whatever. I would imagine that Samartians or any modern population around ancient Israel known to have little-no Arab admixture should be a decent proxy for pre exile Jews.

Luke the Evangelist was considered Greek
Marco Roman,
Mathew and John Judian/Hebrew

Lukas and Markos are the only non Hebrew of new testament
first was a doctor
second probably a military man

Luke the Evangelist was considered Greek
Marco Roman,
Mathew and John Judian/Hebrew

Lukas and Markos are the only non Hebrew of new testament
first was a doctor
second probably a military man

That's true, Luke (and I suppose Mark) was Jesus' only non Jewish disciple, if he was Greek then I reckon his ancestors settled in the Levant during the Hellenistic period. There were many Greek and later Roman colonies, Herod (who was very Greco-Roman himself) built Caeseria in honour of Augustus, twas a truly Greco Roman city. It is also said that when he built his temple in Jerusalem, he put a Roman eagle at the top.

Well, while there was no full genome study on Samaritans, there was a study on their Y chromosome, and apparently many Ashkenazis share similar lineages.
It's also true that some Samaritans are very fair (pale skin, blue/green eyes and red hair), while others are very dark.

Well, while there was no full genome study on Samaritans, there was a study on their Y chromosome, and apparently many Ashkenazis share similar lineages.
It's also true that some Samaritans are very fair (pale skin, blue/green eyes and red hair), while others are very dark.

Alot of studies have been focused on Jews, and so I don't understand why they wouldn't do a full genome study on Samaritans who have been unchanged for over 2,000 years.

There's obviously a string of pale skin in west Asia, but that doesn't mean as pale as Europeans. It could also vary in west Asia. Besides east Asia the near east is the only other source of pale skin. If a west Asians and Europeans mix I bet most of the time the children will have pale skin. That could be the case with European Jews, and I guess their near eastern ancestors may have been unusually light.

Alot of studies have been focused on Jews, and so I don't understand why they wouldn't do a full genome study on Samaritans who have been unchanged for over 2,000 years.

There's obviously a string of pale skin in west Asia, but that doesn't mean as pale as Europeans. It could also vary in west Asia. Besides east Asia the near east is the only other source of pale skin. If a west Asians and Europeans mix I bet most of the time the children will have pale skin. That could be the case with European Jews, and I guess their near eastern ancestors may have been unusually light.

I see, thanks. Maybe that's because the near eastern ancestors of AJs were pre Islamic? Most AJs have light skin but dark eyes and hair, my mum's side is Mediterranean looking while my dad's is fair, I got the fair features (Shaten hair, green grey eyes, pale skin and a small straight narrow nose), whether it's from European ancestora that admixed with near easterners, I'm not entirely sure yet.

This thread has been viewed 5403 times.

Back