What music are you listening to?

Perhaps the sacrifices so far have not been acceptable?:)

Here, instead, the Great Mother is happier.

This was playing in MACY'S. "Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." :LOL:
A few songs later, a more modern "Latino" song apparently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXn9ErAh9GQ

I think you've identified the problem, Angela. I should have been sacrificing daffodils instead of snowdrops. I probably just made things worse.

I'm not familiar with either of those artists but they do seem like good representatives of the Goddess of Spring.

Delma Lachney on vocals and fiddle; with Blind Uncle Gaspard on guitar.

I think you've identified the problem, Angela. I should have been sacrificing daffodils instead of snowdrops. I probably just made things worse.

I'm not familiar with either of those artists but they do seem like good representatives of the Goddess of Spring.

Indeed.:)

Gloria Estefan, the first one, came on the scene as part of a group called the Miami Sound Machine that had a lot of hits in the 80's. The original members were all Cuban born Cuban Americans. I guess you could say their music was Latin American influenced. Their big hits were in English, but they also did some Spanish language songs. They were pretty popular at the time for party or dance music, but even then it would never have been played in a department store, at least not in the northeastern U.S.! South Florida is another world. I never heard the second woman until just recently, again in a store. She's apparently "big" right now in the Latin music world.

This was also a hit for them:

I'm not totally stuck in the past...

I love listening to music from the past. It's almost like a portal to simpler days.

No one knows of poor Amie Comeaux. A Cajun country musician.

Prettiest eyes I've ever seen. And her blonde hair.

Unfortunately she died in a car accident in December 1997 before her career really took off. :sad-2:

She may have been a distant cousin of mine. ^^

eufTe6K.jpg

This one is pure magic. Loreena McKennitt singing "Stolen Child".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=totVJAvLCes

What a lovely song...Sometimes I feel as if I would like to be a stolen child too.

I'll add it to my fantasy life...along with the absconding wife and mother. :grin:

Did you ever see the movie Bread and Tulips? There's an English subtitled version. It's about an un-appreciated Italian wife and mother left at a highway rest stop who decides to run away to Venice. It's pretty amusing and rather sweet, if a little (or a lot) predictable.:)

What a lovely song...Sometimes I feel as if I would like to be a stolen child too.

I'll add it to my fantasy life...along with the absconding wife and mother. :grin:

Did you ever see the movie Bread and Tulips? There's an English subtitled version. It's about an un-appreciated Italian wife and mother left at a highway rest stop who decides to run away to Venice. It's pretty amusing and rather sweet, if a little (or a lot) predictable.:)

Another movie for me to look for. As for the video, when I tried to play it I got a note that the uploader hasn't made it available in my country. One of the problems of living in a remote northern country.

I heard these two songs, among many, at a 60th wedding anniversary party this weekend. The couple is blessed not only in the longevity of their relationship, but in the quality of it. I thought the songs were appropriate to post in light of some of our recent discussions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDlcqhlzDqQ

Haven't heard this one since I was a kid. 1995 was a good year.

Reputation.

And here's something older, Cream: Sunshine of Your Love

Great choice. Time to dig out my Cream cds and have a retro night.

nobody likes our weird Cajun French music it seems ... just recently discovered this pre-WWII stuff ... it's really intriguing stuff.

fun song this is. Known about it for about 10 or 11 years.

For anyone stressed out by our recent discussions, I recommend a little Johan Pachelbel. It always works for me...:)

This thread has been viewed 1192610 times.

Back