Do you perceive this look as "Slavic"?

Do you see her look as Slavic?

• Total voters

oreo_cookie

Banned
Reaction score
Tracy Spiridakos

She is Greek, and not the most typical type but one that sometimes occurs. I chose photos without a lot of makeup so her features are clear and unaltered.

Do you see her look as "Slavic"? It has been demonstrated through genetic studies that there is at least SOME Slavic DNA in Greece.

spiridakos1.jpgspiridakos2.jpgspiridakos3.jpgspiridakos4.jpg

Well, if someone told me she was Treisija Spiridace from whatever Latvian village I would say why not.
Is it Slavic or North/NorthEast look I can't tell.

People on other sites said she looked more Germanic than Slavic, or that they saw her look as "western". That is one of the reasons I wanted to ask here. To me she doesn't look very western European.

People on other sites said she looked more Germanic than Slavic, or that they saw her look as "western". That is one of the reasons I wanted to ask here. To me she doesn't look very western European.
When I said Latvian village I though of ethnic Latvian girls. If I thought this look was particularly Slavic I would mention Riga.

When I said Latvian village I though of ethnic Latvian girls. If I thought this look was particularly Slavic I would mention Riga.
I don't perceive her as "slavic" either. I mean, she would pass there probably, but I don't think she represents a typical slavic look. She hasn't a typical "greek look" too, IMHO; this woman, Melina Kanakardes, looks much more greek in my eyes:
6d15ef3398fc42039564749eb178a8dd.jpg
BTW, Melina's facial features recall those of my half calabrian/half sicilian GF...

Attachments

• melina-kanakaredes-07.jpg
    melina-kanakaredes-07.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 12
Slavs are language community only. But the real Slavs are south Slavs. They went at VI-VII century to Balkans. People from Nigeria are only english language users not owners. Same in Poland or Belarus, they speak slavic language because they were forced to learn it (by Byzantine and Rome Empire - Cyril & Methodius and so on). Typical Slavic look is Pontid (include North Pontid) and Dinarid in my opinion.

Slavs are language community only. But the real Slavs are south Slavs. They went at VI-VII century to Balkans. People from Nigeria are only english language users not owners. Same in Poland or Belarus, they speak slavic language because they were forced to learn it (by Byzantine and Rome Empire - Cyril & Methodius and so on). Typical Slavic look is Pontid (include North Pontid) and Dinarid in my opinion.
What the heck you're are talking about? West Slavs are Roman Catholics, not Orthodox. We didn't learn language, nor cyrillic alphabet from Cyril and Methodius. For your information, the official language of Byzantium was Greek. If all Slavs learned christianity together with language, they would have spoken Greek, and West Slavs spoken Latin.
What you are saying is simply absurd. Who has taught such heresy to you?

What the heck you're are talking about? West Slavs are Roman Catholics, not Orthodox. We didn't learn language, nor cyrillic alphabet from Cyril and Methodius. For your information, the official language of Byzantium was Greek. If all Slavs learned christianity together with language, they would have spoken Greek, and West Slavs spoken Latin.
What you are saying is simply absurd. Who has taught such heresy to you?

We were baptized two times mr. LeBrok. First time it was by Byzanthine Empire, there was not Poland nor Czech yet. Poland and Czech is Rome innovation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Cyril_and_Methodius#Mission_to_the_Slavs

What are you talking about?! :petrified:

Why in that poll as Slavic are mention only Russkiye or dynarians from Balkans?!

By Slavs I understand all of them, or early.

Russians in some part aren't a typical Slavs, and aren't only Slavs...

She does look plausibly Slavic. For all the photos other than #3, I would have guessed German first, though.

She has the Slavic lazy eye.

Well her appearence is definitely "northern" IMO.

yes maybe her eyes, and the big bone above eyes,

but the lips, as the lower of her face is typical Greek don't you think?

besides she has a big fat nose typical of Gauls,

so from characteristics,
eyes and above is North Europe,
nose is West Europe like Gauls
and lower parts of face like lips, mouth and and end of face she can be Greek/Mediterenean

what about these 2
is

We were baptized two times mr. LeBrok. First time it was by Byzanthine Empire, there was not Poland nor Czech yet. Poland and Czech is Rome innovation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Cyril_and_Methodius#Mission_to_the_Slavs

Well it is hypothetical to say by the Byzantines,the Slavs fought for that right,so their language can become "sacred" and making their own alphabet,you think that the Byzantines didn't wanted Greek alphabet to be in use and Greek language in churches?like Western Rome Latin?

This thread has been viewed 6849 times.

Back