Power77

Reaction score
Ethnic group
1/4 Sephardic 3/4 Ashkenazi
Y-DNA haplogroup
E1a1
mtDNA haplogroup
H1
Being myself fascinated everyday about scientific progress, I've began to wonder whether or not a pregnant man would one day be possible. For example, have a look at this information ( which I know certainly dates a bit and is based on a hoax but it still leads me wondering about the possibility of such a procedure scientifically speaking): http://www.malepregnancy.com/science/. Not to mention that we are now able to transplant uteruses now as seen with the first woman having given birth to an healthy baby boy in Sweden thanks to an uterus donation from a 60 year old friend of her: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141007092110.htm. Do you think that one day male pregnancy will turn out to be a scientific reality? If yes, would you see it as a solution to the demographic winters that some countries around the world are experiencing or rather as an irrelevant tool that would only benefit gay male couples wanting to have children without having to pay for a surrogate? I can see it benefiting and attracting straight single men desperately wanting children of their own and who similarly to gay couples do not want to pay for a surrogate mother. I cannot however see how male pregnancy would benefit(or rather attract) straight couples in which the woman has miscarrying issues if uterus transplants are possible. So what do you think? Share.

This post is too controversial and outlandish for Eupedia.

Edit: I know you probably don't mean to Power77; but this post could cause a lot of tension between members. Lots of people have differing views and ideas. Although I try to remain neutral; people have their agendas.

I'm not mud-slinging or attacking you. It's just human nature. (I can already see someone setting me up here predetermined. And saying that I am slinging mud or being a hypocrite. Which, in my case, is not true.)

This post is too controversial and outlandish for Eupedia.

What do you mean? I've talked about the possibility of head transplants, asexual reproduction or mind uploading in the future on this forum in this same Futurism block and never got any response similar to yours. And could you elaborate how it is outlandish and controversial for Eupedia?

What do you mean? I've talked about the possibility of head transplants, asexual reproduction or mind uploading in the future on this forum in this same Futurism block and never got any response similar to yours. And could you elaborate how it is outlandish and controversial for Eupedia?
Fair enough. You can go on and debate. Go ahead. But I will personally dismiss myself from this thread. If things go wrong; don't say I did not warn anyone here.

Edit: I know you probably don't mean to Power77; but this post could cause a lot of tension between members. Lots of people have differing views and ideas. Although I try to remain neutral; people have their agendas.

I'm not mud-slinging or attacking you. It's just human nature. (I can already see someone setting me up here predetermined. And saying that I am slinging mud or being a hypocrite. Which, in my case, is not true.)

I see. I'm not even advocating such ideas, I'm just merely talking about their possibilities from a scientific point of view and weighing the pros and cons of such hypothetical procedures in the distant or not-so-distant future. The admin Maciamo does in fact something similar when discussing about science in this Futurism block. But thanks for your elaboration. Cheers.

Fair enough. You can go on and debate. Go ahead. But I will personally dismiss myself from this thread. If things go wrong; don't say I did not warn anyone here.

Well. I'm surely warned now. Thank you.

some things are meant to be not possible mate
Like people fly, go to the moon, talking to a person across the world, or spend months under the water and women voting. One thing is to be afraid of a new world, one is to set a limit on human genius or telling others what they should or shouldn't do with their own bodies.

This thread has been viewed 6489 times.

Back