Classify pretty Sicilian girl

Something of east med i think and yes she is pretty i agree :grin:

she's eastern and she has an attitude i don't like
maybe, the girl isn't like that, maybe the attitude is because of the beauty contest

she's eastern and she has an attitude i don't like
maybe, the girl isn't like that, maybe the attitude is because of the beauty contest
I agree with you.

You can't tell her personality from a photo :lol: Models all look kind of conceited because that's what sells.

I think she's a fairly attractive woman with a nice facial expression, although I suppose it might not appeal to boys who don't like girls. As for classifying the young lady, I'd guess that she's a typical Sicilian, i.e., a mixture of Greek and North African.

a mixture of Greek and North African.
You are totally wrong dude, north africans look nothing like sicilians.

She looks generally "East Med", fitting best in southern Italy, Sicily, and in some regions of Greece such as Crete. It's possible she could fit elsewhere but that's her best fit, I think.

I agree with east med don't worry i know one girl who resembles a lot her.

She is a fairly typical look for Calabria and eastern Sicily, I think. I don't consider her look "exotic". I think she's from Catania.

Of the Sicilians who do look more "exotic" you'd probably find them in Trapani or some parts of Palermo rather than in Catania, anyway.

Have you reached your ten thousand or twenty thousand marker for internet posts of a Sicilian from the extreme end of the "East Med" spectrum yet? Let us know when you do so we can arrange for some type of award.

It continues to amaze me how someone who has never even been to Sicily can presume to know what is a "typical" look on an island with such incredible haplotype as well as phenotype diversity.

Just in general I would advise against basing one's opinions on one's experience with the diaspora communities. For example, if I were to generalize about the phenotypes of Portuguese people from my experience with the members of the large Portuguese American community in my town, I would believe that they are the shortest, darkest people in Europe. Luckily I did go to the Algarve once, so I know there is some variation, and these people are not necessarily typical of the whole country.

Have you reached your ten thousand or twenty thousand marker for internet posts of a Sicilian from the extreme end of the "East Med" spectrum yet? Let us know when you do so we can arrange for some type of award.

It continues to amaze me how someone who has never even been to Sicily can presume to know what is a "typical" look on an island with such incredible haplotype as well as phenotype diversity.

Just in general I would advise against basing one's opinions on one's experience with the diaspora communities. For example, if I were to generalize about the phenotypes of Portuguese people from my experience with the members of the large Portuguese American community in my town, I would believe that they are the shortest, darkest people in Europe. Luckily I did go to the Algarve once, so I know there is some variation, and these people are not necessarily typical of the whole country.
Thanks Angela ;)

Is she on the extreme end of the spectrum? I don't think so. But sure enough Angela turns up to make some snide comment toward me like she usually does.

I can confirm what Angela said, she is italian and she has been in Sicily i'm sure.
Angela has reason, Sicily have not a typical look (but i think it's the same for many other european countries to find phenotypical variation) all our girls don't look like her, some (i know one with similar features) yes but you can find many different looks here.

I don't deny it. Anyway, show me where I said she is the only or archetypal look. All I said was is she personally fits BEST in southern Italy, and Crete.

Twisting my words, giving me attitude, what is next?

She is a fairly typical look for Calabria and eastern Sicily, I think.

However a girl Carmen Consoli look-alike is much more typical than her.

I doubt Carmen Consoli looks british, you can ask for confirmation to other italian members on here regarding about her typicality.

Greek posters on Apricity said she looked Greek like a Minoan or something, but to me she looks like Jessie J and other dark Brits.

This thread has been viewed 25355 times.

Back