will old age stop human evolution?

bicicleur 2

Reaction score
[h=1]Host Demise as a Beneficial Function of Indigenous Microbiota in Human Hosts[/h]
http://mbio.asm.org/content/5/6/e02262-14.full

life expextancy used to be 40 years or less
older people were usefull in educating the younger generation while middle genertation was to busy being productive
what's the use of todays ever older people kept alive with ever new medical trics?

I have no idea what longevity has to do with stopping evoluting. Turtles live to 150, some sea tubes (animals) to 250, some trees to 5,000. Did it stop them from evolving?

i haven't seen to much evolution in turtles or sea tubes lately

the article deals with biological evolution and even survival :
for evolution and survival to be possible the older generation has to be replaced by a younger generation
if the older generation lasts longer than needed (reproduction and education of the younger generation) it takes resources from the younger generation which is harmful for evolution
diseases took care it didn't happen

what about mental evolution?

i haven't seen to much evolution in turtles or sea tubes lately
Have you seen ants evolution recently? They live only few years.

the article deals with biological evolution and even survival :
for evolution and survival to be possible the older generation has to be replaced by a younger generation
if the older generation lasts longer than needed (reproduction and education of the younger generation) it takes resources from the younger generation which is harmful for evolution
diseases took care it didn't happen
The countries that people live the longest have almost unlimited resources, and huge social net. The poor don't die young anymore.
The old people don't reproduce much anyway to have bearing on evolution. Unless they influence evolution with their money, giving it to poor.

what about mental evolution?
What about it?

This thread has been viewed 3190 times.

Back