PaschalisB

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Greek
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-CTS9320
mtDNA haplogroup
U5a1b
Is there any more info about those subclades apart from what is written in the E1b1b page? Does anyone know where they peak, their frequencies etc? Would it be possible to get maps?

Thanks for the link. We get an idea, but I wonder if there's any paper or study about these specific subclades and their frequencies. I'm also L-542 and waiting for my L-241 test results.

I don't think so not as yet, if you are aware of any I will be interested too. Since you belong also to E-L542, I compiled these (E-L542) results from Ftdna project, were although its very very vague due to many factors one can see some kind of trend emerging.

Considering that many E-35 do not have deeper tests a good number are not updated yet a few E-L542 have unknown regions that cannot be traced by surnames as they are not available here is a very basic general pattern emerging. One has to consider population size of Country (which is available) and general amount of people tested in each country (which I don't think is available). E-L117 is more numerous over all and does have a similar trend too.

Uk 13 + Scotland 6 + England 19 + Wales 1 = 39
Ireland 3

Germany 21
Switzerland 5
Austria 4

Italy 17
Spain 4
France 3
Malta 1

Russia 6
Poland 5
Greece 3
Bulgaria 3
Ukraine2
Slovakia 2
Croatia 2
Latvia 2
Serbia2
Hungary 1
Czech Republic 1

Norway 4
Denmark 3
Sweden 2

Turkey 1
UAE 2

E-l241

Here it is 2016 and it appears you've never had any substantive replies to your question. I've been confirmed E-L241 and would also like additional information. If you've learned anything since your posted question, please share...I'd be very appreciative. Thanks.

Here it is 2016 and it appears you've never had any substantive replies to your question. I've been confirmed E-L241 and would also like additional information. If you've learned anything since your posted question, please share...I'd be very appreciative. Thanks.

I found an article on European E lineages here. It looks like E-L241 is a Neolithic lineage that came to Europe with agriculture and possibly Afro-Asiatic languages and was later dispersed. European E-V13 lineages (which include yours) seem to have a connection with North African agriculture and the Afro-Asiatic language family.

Unfortunately, due to the amount of dispersion of E lineages among various ethnic groups over time, E-V13 clades do not tell us as much of a story as some R and I lineages do. That's not the end, though, as you are part of the story that is being rediscovered right now! You should keep looking and also participate in haplogroup projects.

Some interesting fellow E-bearers (your distant cousins!) that you might have heard of include the Wright Brothers, Albert Einstein, Napoleon, Hitler, and US president Lyndon B. Johnson.

E-l241...

Thanks much for the post...very fascinating, indeed. Am looking forward to continuing down the branches (E-B414), but it appears that may take time. Patience is a virtue.

This thread has been viewed 11462 times.

Back