Does this Arab girl have negro Ancestry

Lifegear

Reaction score
20svwac.jpg

I don't think that's a question that we can answer by looking at a photo or even seeing someone in person. It doesn't appear in her phenotype, in my opinion, if that's what you're asking, but that doesn't mean it isn't there in her genome.

There are people in the U.S., for example, who carry some minor percentage of SSA and neither they nor anyone else knew about it until they were tested. I've met some of them online through 23andme, and it's quite a surprise for a lot of them. So, the only way to know, in her case, would be if her genome were to be tested.

The precise question would be "Does this girl has Sub Saharan African ancestry?". Negro is not a race but a color coming from the Spanish word for Black. Allot of Tamils are "Negro" in skin color too.

I don't think that's a question that we can answer by looking at a photo or even seeing someone in person. It doesn't appear in her phenotype, in my opinion, if that's what you're asking, but that doesn't mean it isn't there in her genome.

There are people in the U.S., for example, who carry some minor percentage of SSA and neither they nor anyone else knew about it until they were tested. I've met some of them online through 23andme, and it's quite a surprise for a lot of them. So, the only way to know, in her case, would be if her genome were to be tested.
Exactly. She could be from 2 to 5% SSA, God knows. I think the word "negro" used in the title displays some racist purpose, I'd be glad to be wrong, obviously...

Probably since Arabs have SSA. myself I don't look Black or part Black but I have East African.

In this photo looks just middle eastern but genetically is possible a minimal east african and ssa in her.

the answer surely was: Has this girl some features which recalls of 'negroid' (old term) or 'subasaharian' phenotypes, was itn't?
NO, not the least one, for I think: she is a good example of what some groups of first agricultors of Neolithic ressembled to before entering into Europe (not the 'danubians''like people of Catal Höyük, I think, who had for the most most vertical foreheads and shorter snub noses, and we can their influence on modern "Chaldeans" aramean speakers)
It seems first Semitic peope didn't have subsaharian "blood" when we look at the Yemen Jews compared to other Yemen or Arabic tribes (subsaharian genes seemingly mediated through wives for the most)

This thread has been viewed 3715 times.

Back