Mars

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b1a2a1a1b3
mtDNA haplogroup
HV
I spent part of my Xmas holidays reading some old anthropology stuff. I was pretty ignorant about this matter.
It was all based on the physical appearance of people - it makes sense, since scholars back then had no, or a little, genetic material to study. I think we could identify two "poles" of physical variability within Europe: a mesolithic european type and a neolithic/mediterranean type (well, "derivative" types, not the same as them back them). Most europeans are probably a "combo" of these features. Visually, this is mesolithic, in my opinion:
Kirsten-dunst.jpg
oliver_kahn.jpg
These people are fair haired, but I think there are darker types, too.

Neolithic/mediterranean:
Dnld1.jpg
bl13158259602117.jpg
All that in between these types, which "disorderdly" and heavily mixed in the past, represents the 70-80% of nowadays europeans, IMHO.

I spent part of my Xmas holidays reading some old anthropology stuff. I was pretty ignorant about this matter.
It was all based on the physical appearance of people - it makes sense, since scholars back then had no, or a little, genetic material to study. I think we could identify two "poles" of physical variability within Europe: a mesolithic european type and a neolithic/mediterranean type (well, "derivative" types, not the same as them back them). Most europeans are probably a "combo" of these features. Visually, this is mesolithic, in my opinion:
View attachment 6977
View attachment 6978
These people are fair haired, but I think there are darker types, too.

Neolithic/mediterranean:
View attachment 6979
View attachment 6980
All that in between these types, which "disorderdly" and heavily mixed in the past, represents the 70-80% of nowadays europeans, IMHO.

I somehow agree but strongly inclined to add the one in between as the third Phenotype on its own right as its really neither or. So very basically geographically they would cover nordic, central and southern. Regions on these borders would have a kind of mix in between.

I somehow agree but strongly inclined to add the one in between as the third Phenotype on its own right as its really neither or. So very basically geographically they would cover nordic, central and southern. Regions on these borders would have a kind of mix in between.
With central I think you mean people looking like this:
13736137_ori.jpg
Rust-and-Bone-Cotiard.jpg

And calling them "central" would be correct: the guy is austrian, the woman is french. Woman in the thumbnail is ashkenazi, but she looks completely like people from her two countries of origin (Austria and Hungary).

Attachments

• Rachel_Weisz_2012.jpg
    Rachel_Weisz_2012.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 10
We have different Meso and Centrals among ethnic Latvians. 1 or 2 Neos as well.

Oli has some Latvian ancestry :)

View attachment 6981
View attachment 6983

And calling them "central" would be correct: the guy is austrian, the woman is french. Woman in the thumbnail is ashkenazi, but she looks completely like people from her two countries of origin (Austria and Hungary).

Yes. I think Central European Look makes the largest phenotype in Europe.

View attachment 6981
View attachment 6983

Rachel Weisz is predominantly Ashkenazi (via her father and maternal grandfather) but also part Catholic Viennese and Italian.

Rachel Weisz is predominantly Ashkenazi (via her father and maternal grandfather) but also part Catholic Viennese and Italian.
Yes, I signaled her ancestry in my previous post. As many other ashkenazi jews, she looks very "central", phenotypically.

the new and already old concept of 'mesolithic' (some consistance in autosomes admixtures) is inaccurate concerning phenotypes - Cro-magnoids and others (Brünnoids-Capelloids for the most) were very very different concerning body and face and crania - and 'mediter's' new concept covers a very long range of types, 'nordic' type so common among the Corded too...
what is called here 'central' contains the brachycephalized mesolithical descendants among others

View attachment 6981
View attachment 6983

I thought that was Maria Shriver, formerly Schwarzeneggar, then I looked at the finer print. Anyway she is part of the American royal Kennedy family, who are Irish Catholic

This thread has been viewed 3859 times.

Back