Could someone "classify" these two young women?

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
C.D..jpg

I apologize for the fact that the eyes aren't visible for the girl on the right. They're not as large as those of the girl on the left, and they're not deep set. They're also brown if it makes any difference.

Just a rough shot, I would say one on left looks more central and one on right more southern (I know thats very general)

Last edited:
British isles?

australians, both

Not bad, either of them. (me, bad)

View attachment 6987

I apologize for the fact that the eyes aren't visible for the girl on the right. They're not as large as those of the girl on the left, and they're not deep set. They're also brown if it makes any difference.
In my own tripartite classification terminology: girl with straight hair is neolithic/mediterranean with minor mesolithic elements, girl with curly hair is central.
Neolithic/mediterranean woman:
sard.girl-3.jpg
Central woman:
marion-cotillard-nomine-aux-bafta.jpg
Mesolithic woman:
jennifer-lawrence-leaked-nude-photos-has-been-leaked.jpg
P.S. With "neolithic" and "mesolithic" I don't mean they look EXACTLY like their historical counterparts... But that their look is somehow akin to those. Central is a sort of "mishmash" of the two features.

Attachments

• inguna00320m0yx.jpg
    inguna00320m0yx.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 5
They are both local girls from La Spezia. The girl on the right(with the brown hair) is related to me: she carries one of the surnames on my family tree.

@Mars,
I see where you're going with these, but in the case of the girl with brown hair, her bones are stronger, particularly in the jaw, and her face is less soft altogether than that of Marion Coillard. I think we have quite a bit of Borreby in our area.

@Oriental,
I'll be sure to pass that along. They are both very typical of the area, I think. Anyway, you'd see variations of those looks coming and going.

La Spezia-M.C..JPG

La Spezia-ragazze.JPG

La Spezia-R.R..JPG

In the last picture those are the same girls???
Wow. I can't even say which one of them is which one in the first pic :)

They look totally different in the next pics indeed.

In the last picture those are the same girls???
Wow. I can't even say which one of them is which one in the first pic :)

No, they're not the same girls. Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anyone. :)

I was thinking of Mars' categories and meant to show a bit of the range.

No, they're not the same girls. Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anyone. :)

I was thinking of Mars' categories and meant to show a bit of the range.
Are they all northern italian/northern tuscan? I think our fellow citizens fall mostly in a mediterranean+central mixed category, corresponding moreover with Family Tree DNA's vision of northern italians as southern euro+central/western euro, genetically. This could mean mediterranean+"mesolithic", too (heavier body structure than mediterranean, larger faces, somehow stronger and more rugged facial features). The girls you posted seem to confirm my hypotesis...Hurrah! :) :)

Are they all northern italian/northern tuscan? I think our fellow citizens fall mostly in a mediterranean+central mixed category, corresponding moreover with Family Tree DNA's vision of northern italians as southern euro+central/western euro, genetically. This could mean mediterranean+"mesolithic", too (heavier body structure than mediterranean, larger faces, somehow stronger and more rugged facial features). The girls you posted seem to confirm my hypotesis...Hurrah! :) :)

They're from eastern Liguria or alta Toscana, mostly the Lunigiana. In terms of body type, it's very mixed...a lot of the women are still very gracile, but you do start to get some pretty big-boned types, especially if they have ancestry from the mountainous interior. They also get taller, although I thought "Alpine" types are supposed to be pretty short generally. In my mother's family, for example, all the women were 5'5 or taller, even pre-war, and broad shouldered, although still with small bones, thank God. You have to get further up toward and into the Apennines to get that tall, raw boned, stocky type. (My nonna was 5'9-10 and very big boned and broad shouldered...a very imposing woman indeed, sort of like Tilde Lotti.)

Facially, you do see a lot of broad faces, but quite often with a more defined bone structure than a Marion Cotillard...some, not all of course, are more like this:

4cf4e0264d0f2.jpg

carice-van-houten-20th-mtv-europe-music_3947370.jpg

Of course, add 15-20 pounds and even these kinds of faces can start to look more "Alpine".
smile.gif

I suppose if I had to categorize the mix in this particular part of Italy, I'd say it's more a Mediterranean/North Western European mix than a strictly Mediterranean/Central European mix, if by Central European you mean Germanic. Of course, if you consider Gaul central Europe then yes, I suppose a Mediterranean/Central Europe mx.

Also, I don't think this big boned equals northern thing totally works. I'm much smaller boned and leaner than a lot of the southern Italian women I know, although definitely taller as well.

The dark hair girl looks like a friend of mine.
I'm not that expert of classification unfortunately.

The dark hair girl looks like a friend of mine.
I'm not that expert of classification unfortunately.

Do you mean the two women in post #13? Well, I guess they're not girls. :)

The girl in the original post?

Do you mean the two women in post #13? Well, I guess they're not girls. :)

The girl in the original post?
Yes the girl in the original post i say.

Of course, add 15-20 pounds and even these kinds of faces can start to look more "Alpine".
smile.gif

I suppose if I had to categorize the mix in this particular part of Italy, I'd say it's more a Mediterranean/North Western European mix than a strictly Mediterranean/Central European mix, if by Central European you mean Germanic. Of course, if you consider Gaul central Europe then yes, I suppose a Mediterranean/Central Europe mx.

Also, I don't think this big boned equals northern thing totally works. I'm much smaller boned and leaner than a lot of the southern Italian women I know, although definitely taller as well.
Yes, Gaul comes to my mind in the first place. I think a direct germanic influence is more likely to detect in Veneto, Friuli and some areas of Lombardy, than in Liguria, Piedmont or Emilia (though some longobard heritage, in small percentages, exists in these regions, too). Yes, there are southern women, both in Italy and in other countries like Spain or Portugal, with a heavy body structure and also some mediterranean features like moderate height, dark eyes and hair, etc.
I think it's a mesolithic strain, or proto-mediterranean. I personally know some women belonging to this type, most of them are calabrian.

This thread has been viewed 6085 times.

Back