Chivalry Is Not Dead-At least Not Among Young Italian Boys

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Well, that's hopeful. But how much do we really know about how and when such behavior is learned. I think it would be important to find out whether boys learn abusive behavior at home or from peers and, if it's peer influence, what the crucial time frame is. I don't know why that isn't researched more.

Well, that's hopeful. But how much do we really know about how and when such behavior is learned. I think it would be important to find out whether boys learn abusive behavior at home or from peers and, if it's peer influence, what the crucial time frame is. I don't know why that isn't researched more.

Don't you think it's both? Any boy child who sees his drunken (or drug addled, depending on the drug) father regularly physically abusing his mother is at risk for that kind of behavior. If the peer group and the wider culture not only tolerate it, but in some cases encourage it, then it's almost institutionalized.

I agree, though, that it isn't studied enough and so we don't totally understand the mechanisms involved. Certainly, poverty, unemployment, and other stressors are all contributing factors.

I didn't mean to imply that this was some kind of valid scientific experiment, of course, and there were cameras rolling. Still, the horror on the boys' faces was pretty telling, and, indeed, hopeful.

I9FCTWx.jpg

I find that it's always the small, weak men who feel anger toward women. I guess they find that easier than dealing with their own self-loathing.

Some people have a controlling and troubled-worried personality, and men with this type of personality hit women. If you think about, if a guy with no family has this personality, who is he going to hit his girlfriend or male friends? I think it's usually personality not sexism, that causes men to hit women.

Some people have a controlling and troubled-worried personality, and men with this type of personality hit women. If you think about, if a guy with no family has this personality, who is he going to hit his girlfriend or male friends? I think it's usually personality not sexism, that causes men to hit women.
I agree. Personalities with some psychopathic tendencies are to blame for most of violence. If one derives pleasure from misery of others, one will explore any opportunity to get high, especially by molesting weaker and defenseless ones, women and kids. Alcoholism or other substance abuse brings self control down, makes people more "brave", therefore exposing true self.

Sean Connery (6'2", 190 lbs., former body builder, first an best James Bond) on slapping women

Sean Connery (6'2", 190 lbs., former body builder, first an best James Bond) on slapping women

Sean Connery is a low class, uneducated thug. People have an unfortunate tendency to blur the lines between an actor and the characters he plays. Given this video clip and other things I have read about him, it's my considered opinion that were it not for his great good looks and his great good fortune in stumbling into acting and making a career out of it because of those looks, he would no doubt have ultimately wound up in prison.

I don't find this video clip at all humorous. Looks can be deceiving. Underneath that large exterior is a very small, insecure, and frustrated man. Anyone who would take his advice about how to treat women has some serious psychological and control issues, and will eventually and deservedly end up in prison. Just this week a man in this area was sentenced to three years for slapping his wife around; I don't think he found it at all funny, and he will find it even less funny as time goes on. I can guarantee you of that.

Sean Connery is a low class, uneducated thug. People have an unfortunate tendency to blur the lines between an actor and the characters he plays. Given this video clip and other things I have read about him, it's my considered opinion that were it not for his great good looks and his great good fortune in stumbling into acting and making a career out of it because of those looks, he would no doubt have ultimately wound up in prison.

I don't find this video clip at all humorous. Looks can be deceiving. Underneath that large exterior is a very small, insecure, and frustrated man. Anyone who would take his advice about how to treat women has some serious psychological and control issues, and will eventually and deservedly end up in prison. Just this week a man in this area was sentenced to three years for slapping his wife around; I don't think he found it at all funny, and he will find it even less funny as time goes on. I can guarantee you of that.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

348689094_2060823.gif

Ignored.

I find that it's always the small, weak men who feel anger toward women. I guess they find that easier than dealing with their own self-loathing.
I doubt you are a genuine person; or are even "strong" in the slightest like you preach. From my mind I can detect you are a little weakling. I was gone for a few days or weeks and I still find you on here raking in points and posting here talking about useless drivel. You take this board too seriously. You have time to talk about this stuff? It's boring.

I am a very angry person in general; but it is because I am strong-minded. I believe partially it is genetics and partially that I was brought up this way through hardship. I am very blunt and good at hurting feelings.

Motzart, in these situations the law draws no distinctions. Assault is assault. Women are and should be prosecuted for it should the circumstances warrant it.

The fact remains that men commit the great majority of violent crimes, including assaults. Even their methods of committing suicide are more violent than those chosen by women.

In spousal abuse situations, you do get women who are the aggressors. There may even be more of it than the statistics would indicate because a lot of men are reluctant to press charges in these situations, even more reluctant than women who are victims of violence by their partners. However, the numbers of men committing violence on their partners is much larger than the reverse.

When it comes to sentencing and even charging, someone who is inflicting violence on an obviously smaller and weaker person, or a child, is often going to be treated more harshly than when it is a question of two men having a brawl in a bar. However, young men should be aware that it is very perilous to engage in this kind of behavior. It's not the wild west anymore. One drunken fist fight can ruin an otherwise promising life forever. There is no longer any tolerance for this kind of behavior.

I agree. Personalities with some psychopathic tendencies are to blame for most of violence. If one derives pleasure from misery of others, one will explore any opportunity to get high, especially by molesting weaker and defenseless ones, women and kids. Alcoholism or other substance abuse brings self control down, makes people more "brave", therefore exposing true self.
I have hit girls and I am not afraid to admit it. Like my mom and sister. Of course no one on here can report me. I've gotten into fist fights with my dad and a few people while in school. I am also an Alcoholic myself and have a few other flaws. My life has been pretty turbulent.

I often feel demoralized or like I can kill someone; if I am pushed to an edge. Dunno if this feeling is normal, but I would say it probably is. I have tried to suppress myself from negative thoughts like this recently and violence and I feel for now I am doing ok.

I also believe that I am a Pyromaniac; seeing things burn really makes a statement to me. I also have ADHD. I have heard that both Pyromania and ADHD may have a genetic correlation to each other.

I doubt you are a genuine person; or are even "strong" in the slightest like you preach. From my mind I can detect you are a little weakling. I was gone for a few days or weeks and I still find you on here raking in points and posting here talking about useless drivel. You take this board too seriously. You have time to talk about this stuff? It's boring.

I am a very angry person in general; but it is because I am strong-minded. I believe partially it is genetics and partially that I was brought up this way through hardship. I am very blunt and good at hurting feelings.

I feel very proud and happy that someone such as you dislikes me. It tells me I must be doing something right.

I feel very proud and happy that someone such as you dislikes me. It tells me I must be doing something right.
So there I got a rise out of you. ahahaha. You could have ignored me if your brain was a little bit larger, hint.

You have already gave me a subtle-picturesque perspective insight into your seemingly lonely, dull, banal life with your constant sanctimonious piety, obsessive compulsion and your love of Obama.

I don't dislike you; though. I am rather indifferent in all likelihood. I see you as someone a bit ill-informed and insignificant. Truth is: You are clumsy and hasty. It brings humor to me though.

I have hit girls and I am not afraid to admit it. Like my mom and sister. Of course no one on here can report me. I've gotten into fist fights with my dad and a few people while in school. I am also an Alcoholic myself and have a few other flaws. My life has been pretty turbulent.

I often feel demoralized or like I can kill someone; if I am pushed to an edge. Dunno if this feeling is normal, but I would say it probably is. I have tried to suppress myself from negative thoughts like this recently and violence and I feel for now I am doing ok.

I also believe that I am a Pyromaniac; seeing things burn really makes a statement to me. I also have ADHD. I have heard that both Pyromania and ADHD may have a genetic correlation to each other.

You think your own emotional-issues and life lessons that have made you wiser somehow justify your bad behavior(insulting members here, hitting your family members, etc.). They don't.

Obviously your proud of the wild(or so you make it seem) things in your life, which is why you posted about it in so much detail. Your probably not going to have a healthy relationship with your father, mother, and sister if your're fighting or hitting them. Especially your parents.

You need to look outside of your self(un selfishly) and see how your insults towards Aberdeen and Angela are wrong. The way you treat other people should not be determined by your mood and life issues, but on how most people like to be treated, with respect.

You think your own emotional-issues and life lessons that have made you wiser somehow justify your bad behavior(insulting members here, hitting your family members, etc.). They don't.

Obviously your proud of the wild(or so you make it seem) things in your life, which is why you posted about it in so much detail. Your probably not going to have a healthy relationship with your father, mother, and sister if your're fighting or hitting them. Especially your parents.

You need to look outside of your self(un selfishly) and see how your insults towards Aberdeen and Angela are wrong. The way you treat other people should not be determined by your mood and life issues, but on how most people like to be treated, with respect.
They aren't insults; they are disagreements. And me poking fun. I was taking the piss with them. Stop being so thin-skinned.

But I have always had a rough family life. But that is how I was raised I think. My sister gets over it pretty easily. I'm not particularly proud of my turbulent life; it is actually a source of shame.

Edit: I am not the one starting the conflicts either. My parents are a bit rough; especially my dad. I wouldn't say abusive though. If you want to see a really angry person; you should meet my sister. She is narcissistic, racist and sassy. People always talk about men being abusive and fighting but my sister is pretty hot-tempered for a woman.

They aren't insults; they are disagreements. And me poking fun. I was taking the piss with them. Stop being so thin-skinned.

But I have always had a rough family life. But that is how I was raised I think. My sister gets over it pretty easily. I'm not particularly proud of my turbulent life; it is actually a source of shame.

Your insults towards Aberdeen were more than poking fun, so I'm not being thin-skinned. Like I said before, especially when it's strangers, the way you treat them should be determined by their attitude not yours. That's a basic rule of life, it's not being ultra-sensitive. People who don't do that are known as selfish and arrogant jerks, or loved even though they do that because of strength-fear-respect.

You don't have to let your rough family trouble you. Things done to you or your circumstances don't determine how you think of your self and your mood, you determine it.

To be honest western society has to many restrictions, is to controlling, and wrongly treats male-like behavior(fighting, womanizing) as a disorder or unmoral. Fighting doesn't make you a "bad-guy", it makes you a normal human being. Don't let your school teachers or whoever else prevent you from being who you were meant to be.

Having a rough family gives you strength most people actually don't have, which is a huge advantage. Your more fearless and more aggressive than most, and you can facilitate this to any goal in life, whether it be school, a career, girls, etc., etc. You can especially use this strength to bring your family together. You can take the strength you gain from your circumstances, and heal any wounds you got while gaining the strength.

Your insults towards Aberdeen were more than poking fun, so I'm not being thin-skinned. Like I said before, especially when it's strangers, the way you treat them should be determined by their attitude not yours. That's a basic rule of life, it's not being ultra-sensitive. People who don't do that are known as selfish and arrogant jerks, or loved even though they do that because of strength-fear-respect.
I could be being too harsh; then again I think that most people here take this board a little too seriously.

This thread has been viewed 20265 times.

Back