The Viking Age in Finland

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Thanks. That's a book I'll probably want to get.

Thanks. That's a book I'll probably want to get.

Man, it seems all you and Angela ever really do here is spread politically correct disinformation; that might not even be true.

You both have a very weird, warped view of reality. Obviously, you both are sheltered and never experienced the world outside of your "civilized" middle class lifestyle.

How anyone can believe that a Cajun like me is mixed-race is beyond laughable to me. Most white Americans are more likely to be mixed-race than a Cajun like me. I am homogeneous and share the same ancestors at some point; a few generations back.

Of course there are few Cajuns out there who have Native American indian or Black in them; but it is very rare. And I know with confidence that I don't have any mixture at all.

It’s about as rare or rarer than a Scandinavian having Mongoloid Asian blood. See Haplogroup Q:

Haplogroup-Q.jpg

As a Cajun, I really have to laugh at right-wing neo-nazi Nordicists also; who believe themselves to be the most racially pure white Europeans. When in actuality and in factuality; some of them have more Mongoloid Hun mixture than a country in Europe like France. Even less too; than a population like Cajuns or French Canadians; who are often homogeneous/somewhat inbred. Even in the UK there is a small droplet of Mongoloid Hun which was brought there by mixed race Nordic Vikings; which is evident by haplogroup Q.

It's funny how people assume a Cajun French like me doesn't know what he is talking about; when I say that some Finns or Scandinavians or Eastern Europeans have some degree of Siberian mixture. Obviously not all of them do; but their frequency of mixed-race is higher than a Cajuns would be. Yet these individuals assume that we Cajuns are all mulattoes or something. Aberdeen and Angela really are oblivious and living on another planet, I think.

Disclaimer: There is no animosity towards Aberdeen or Angela or anyone else. I just want to know why people are so ignorant of Cajuns. And confuse us for Creole or Metis people. I wonder if it has something to do with either ignorance; or racism and discrimination against people of Cajun French heritage. I am betting on the latter rather than the former, though.

These two individuals have made baseless assumptions and accusations against me for being a "racist" myself. When all likelihood I feel they may be the true racists.

Edit: Unless some subclades of haplogroup Q are purely European/Caucasian; then the Mongoloid Hun admixture might seem more outlandish. I would say it is very likely some subclades of Q could be purely Caucasian. And the origins of Q in white Europeans may not have a Mongoloid Hun contribution at all.

It is the only theoretical explanation to me; for why some Nordic and Eastern Europeans carry this haplogroup; despite appearing to be European white. And it would better explain why Near Eastern people with fair-skin like Jews or Phoenicians carry Y-DNA Q1b.

Haplogroup Q may need to have more studies on it's origins; and may need to be revised. On the contrary; it descends from K; which is also the ancestor of haplogroups R1a and R1b. it cannot be dismissed as purely a Mongoloid or Hun haplogroup.

Last edited:
I know lots of Quebec francophones who are quite proud of the fact that they have some Native ancestry. They just see it as proof that their ancestors have been in this country longer than mine.

As far as Y haplotype Q is concerned, it's a very old haplotype with a very wide distribution. As has been pointed out numerous times, on an autosomal basis, Finns are about as "European white" as it's possible for anyone to be. Not that it really makes a difference.

Man, it seems all you and Angela ever really do here is spread politically correct disinformation; that might not even be true.

You both have a very weird, warped view of reality. Obviously, you both are sheltered and never experienced the world outside of your "civilized" middle class lifestyle.

How anyone can believe that a Cajun like me is mixed-race is beyond laughable to me. Most white Americans are more likely to be mixed-race than a Cajun like me. I am homogeneous and share the same ancestors at some point; a few generations back.

Of course there are few Cajuns out there who have Native American indian or Black in them; but it is very rare. And I know with confidence that I don't have any mixture at all.

It’s about as rare or rarer than a Scandinavian having Mongoloid Asian blood. See Haplogroup Q:

View attachment 7013

As a Cajun, I really have to laugh at right-wing neo-nazi Nordicists also; who believe themselves to be the most racially pure white Europeans. When in actuality and in factuality; some of them have more Mongoloid Hun mixture than a country in Europe like France. Even less too; than a population like Cajuns or French Canadians; who are often homogeneous/somewhat inbred. Even in the UK there is a small droplet of Mongoloid Hun which was brought there by mixed race Nordic Vikings; which is evident by haplogroup Q.

It's funny how people assume a Cajun French like me doesn't know what he is talking about; when I say that some Finns or Scandinavians or Eastern Europeans have some degree of Siberian mixture. Obviously not all of them do; but their frequency of mixed-race is higher than a Cajuns would be. Yet these individuals assume that we Cajuns are all mulattoes or something. Aberdeen and Angela really are oblivious and living on another planet, I think.

Disclaimer: There is no animosity towards Aberdeen or Angela or anyone else. I just want to know why people are so ignorant of Cajuns. And confuse us for Creole or Metis people. I wonder if it has something to do with either ignorance; or racism and discrimination against people of Cajun French heritage. I am betting on the latter rather than the former, though.

These two individuals have made baseless assumptions and accusations against me for being a "racist" myself. When all likelihood I feel they may be the true racists.

Edit: Unless some subclades of haplogroup Q are purely European/Caucasian; then the Mongoloid Hun admixture might seem more outlandish. I would say it is very likely some subclades of Q could be purely Caucasian. And the origins of Q in white Europeans may not have a Mongoloid Hun contribution at all.

It is the only theoretical explanation to me; for why some Nordic and Eastern Europeans carry this haplogroup; despite appearing to be European white. And it would better explain why Near Eastern people with fair-skin like Jews or Phoenicians carry Y-DNA Q1b.

Haplogroup Q may need to have more studies on it's origins; and may need to be revised. On the contrary; it descends from K; which is also the ancestor of haplogroups R1a and R1b. it cannot be dismissed as purely a Mongoloid or Hun haplogroup.

My patience has limits. This is a thread about the Vikings in Finland. In addition, no one to my knowledge has ever expressed an opinion about your particular genetics. That is your own private concern. Most importantly, these kinds of rants against other members are not acceptable. Consider it a friendly warning.

My patience has limits. This is a thread about the Vikings in Finland. In addition, no one to my knowledge has ever expressed an opinion about your particular genetics. That is your own private concern. Most importantly, these kinds of rants against other members are not acceptable. Consider it a friendly warning.
It's ok. I am just really touchy on this subject. I apologize for bringing it up again. I just dislike the ignorance in regards to me and my people. Most people assume that when I tell them I am a Cajun they confuse me for being a Creole or Mulatto. I find it kind of offensive. It often seems as though people are holding grudges towards us; and we have had a very brutal history at the hands of the British. I am appalled and astounded to discover people around the world; especially in France; who have no idea about what a Cajun actually is; or our ancestors' struggle. I am often paranoid that people are holding grudges or oppressive thoughts for my heritage or are trying to genocide me. I often keep my Acadian heritage a secret.

It's ok. I am just really touchy on this subject. I apologize for bringing it up again. I just dislike the ignorance in regards to me and my people. Most people assume that when I tell them I am a Cajun they confuse me for being a Creole or Mulatto. I find it kind of offensive. It often seems as though people are holding grudges towards us; and we have had a very brutal history at the hands of the British. I am appalled and astounded to discover people around the world; especially in France; who have no idea about what a Cajun actually is; or our ancestors' struggle. I am often paranoid that people are holding grudges or oppressive thoughts for my heritage or are trying to genocide me. I often keep my Acadian heritage a secret.

Melanon, you sound like there is somebody out there to get you :). I have been to Quebec and was impressed how calmly people spoke and how gentle they were. I have a habit of speaking fast so I really had to pace myself. You sound very fiery compared to what I experienced ;). I loved Montreal and Quebec city is an awesome place to visit.

This thread has been viewed 6413 times.

Back